So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
If you told me at the start of my 5yr stint away for uni that by the end of it, I would be called back by a car journo to spend a day with some of the most insane scenery and driving roads to shoot an Audi S1, I would tell you you're dreaming.

11109561_10153179869726858_8195803159188559103_n.jpg

Chuffing magic day, really. Although I got so wet in the process it's actually untrue....

If you told me at the start of my 5yr stint away for uni that by the end of it, I would be called back by a car journo to spend a day with some of the most insane scenery and driving roads to shoot an Audi S1, I would tell you you're dreaming.

11109561_10153179869726858_8195803159188559103_n.jpg

Chuffing magic day, really. Although I got so wet in the process it's actually untrue....
All I want to do is just drive, drive, and drive next to and through the mountains.

Lucky..

Today I went on a hike all day with a fairly large group, having a picnic at the dead end of the trail before going back down. It was a good hike, though it was quite long. It was 7 km either way. In total, I apparently ended up walking around 17 km. There were some steep and tricky parts, but it wasn't so bad. We took a different route on the way back and it's a lot flatter than the main route.

Also, a funny thing happened while we were going up. One person said she thought this one song she thought was bad was from the Muppets, then she was told it's a Beatles song. I forget what song was mentioned. Then later, she said "here comes the sun" when the sun was coming out. Yeah.

Last edited:
Man, this is just one of those days. I don't want to bothered with anyone.

I ruled out this terrible weather. I'm just energy-less.

Sometimes I just wonder why others are so happy all of the time. No time for realism, just happy go lucky all day long.

Maybe I'm just feeling detatched from people my age. I've been through so much **** that its made me extremely realistic in conversation. It makes me seem like such a pessimist, but maybe I am just one.

What happened?

Pulling out at a junction with no visibility, got hit by a chap in a 420d, it was however my fault, which I'm ashamed to admit, since it transpires I'd pulled out through a no entry sign, and he had no chance of stopping. The fact it was in France was a substantial inconvenience.

IMAG0794.jpg

First accident in 18 years driving. I'm quite angry with myself, and this puts my motorsport plan for 2015 in jeopardy. Le mans is suddenly looking less viable.

On the plus side, this *might* be the catalyst for arranging a 4 series Gran Coupe on the company, which I've been pondering for about a year.

Done with my finals for this year. Moving on to being a senior now :scared:

Went to Cars & Coffee SF. They decided not to mess around on their 1st anniversary, so they brought out the big guns.

I snapped tons of photos.

Next Saturday is Evo2: one of the largest (if not biggest) car meets in the West. I will be there rain or shine.

Bought my 2nd motorcycle a couple months ago. I bought it 2nd hand and I am really stoked to have it. I have the Yamaha for speed but wanted something that could eat miles for breakfast so I bought a Harley for the long haul trips. Well, excited, as anyone would be, I rode it to work. At some point during the day someone backed into it (of course they did, why should you be able to buy anything nice without someone else almost immediately damaging it). They didn't seem to do much harm, actually, or so I thought. I was riding home when the front brake slowly started to fade away. I looked down to see brake fluid all over the front end of the bike - the front forks, the wheels, everywhere. Turns out the hit tweaked the brake line just enough to crack it. Well, on this bike the wheels and front forks are (were) brushed aluminum with a soft/pale gold paint/clear over. The brake fluid ate through the paint and stained the aluminum. So in order to save what I can I've been polishing my ass off all night with the aluminum polish. The plus side is the aluminum is polishing out to a mirror finish (which for a Harley looks appropriate). The downside is I really liked the wheels and forks in the soft brushed/gold finish. So I'm really peeved about the entire situation. I might re-brush the forks, but I certainly can't paint them like the factory had. I doubt my abilities to brush the wheels without a serious machine, so they are what they are. I don't know who hit it either...

XS
Bought my 2nd motorcycle a couple months ago. I bought it 2nd hand and I am really stoked to have it. I have the Yamaha for speed but wanted something that could eat miles for breakfast so I bought a Harley for the long haul trips. Well, excited, as anyone would be, I rode it to work. At some point during the day someone backed into it (of course they did, why should you be able to buy anything nice without someone else almost immediately damaging it). They didn't seem to do much harm, actually, or so I thought. I was riding home when the front brake slowly started to fade away. I looked down to see brake fluid all over the front end of the bike - the front forks, the wheels, everywhere. Turns out the hit tweaked the brake line just enough to crack it. Well, on this bike the wheels and front forks are (were) brushed aluminum with a soft/pale gold paint/clear over. The brake fluid ate through the paint and stained the aluminum. So in order to save what I can I've been polishing my ass off all night with the aluminum polish. The plus side is the aluminum is polishing out to a mirror finish (which for a Harley looks appropriate). The downside is I really liked the wheels and forks in the soft brushed/gold finish. So I'm really peeved about the entire situation. I might re-brush the forks, but I certainly can't paint them like the factory had. I doubt my abilities to brush the wheels without a serious machine, so they are what they are. I don't know who hit it either...

That sucks to hear, but it happens so often. I'm always really paranoid when parking my bike anywhere, as it's a bit more vulnerable than a car, and you get people who hate motorbikes just because someone went lane splitting past them at some point (even in countries where it's legal).

That sucks to hear, but it happens so often. I'm always really paranoid when parking my bike anywhere, as it's a bit more vulnerable than a car, and you get people who hate motorbikes just because someone went lane splitting past them at some point (even in countries where it's legal).
Thanks man. Yeah, I hear that, definitely. Especially on the roads people seem to be 50/50 - they either automatically hate you so much that they wouldn't care at all if they "accidentally" ran you off the road, or respect you enough to give you your own little bubble in traffic. Most however seem to be more cautious in parking lots, for whatever reason. Although I have had people (strangers) sit on my bike without permission, put candy wrappers in my saddle bags, touch it while walking by, all sorts of things that just aren't normally done with cars.

Started the first leg of my trip around my state today. Not too much to see, but it's some nice new country to drive through.

Drove about 350 miles today from Minot ND. Nice to be home and now I can catch some real sleep.

My crazy uncles are in town and yesterday we went to Arlington Park race track to play the ponies.

Won just enough money to cover the beers I bought, so that was pretty good.

My day was a bit sad really. After 3 years I have just been made redundant from my job :( place I work is closing. Now I have to go through the whole process of finding a job again.

Pulling out at a junction with no visibility, got hit by a chap in a 420d, it was however my fault, which I'm ashamed to admit, since it transpires I'd pulled out through a no entry sign, and he had no chance of stopping. The fact it was in France was a substantial inconvenience.

ouch, I still miss my first car :(
1901274_10151880304526722_664106669_n.jpg

mine was sadly a tree's fault

wasn't totally my fault, it was blocking a unlit country road :P

im just glad this happened just before I got the money to upgrade a few bits....but still annoyed it had a gearbox less than a month old

Mine was OK after an eventful last week. I'm almost over this "mysterious girl in a red dress" dream from Wednesday and giving her a name for one of my writing projects, and I'm getting around to playing racing games with manual transmission (like I did with NASCAR '15 and Project CARS last week).

Had a fairly rad day. Went to a midsummer event organized by my previous workplace (I really need to consider returning there at some point in the fall, or next spring). The most notable experience was playing a driving game with a steering wheel and all the other advanced equipment for the first time. Some rallying game featuring Ken Block, namely. Needless to say, I drove like 🤬, and manual gearing coupled with loose handling didn't exactly help. I was almost 2 minutes off the pace of the fastest guys, whose times were around the 2'30 range... Pfft, give me a proper PS3 controller and I'd give them a ton more competition. :mischievous:

Pretty damn good. Easy day at work because it rained all day and all we did was clean up shop. Also, I washed about 6 truck. 3 of them small dumps amd the other 3 were full size dump trucks. Then I washed my boss's truck. Only thing that I had to do that took an ounce of sweat was pick up limbs that another guy cut off a tree.

So, how was my month of June? ****. Just horrible. Worst month of 2015, with many more terrible months to follow. Not exactly looking forward to anything.

Boring and a bit of a downer, especially considering that four gregorian years ago exactly I finished my conversion to Judaism. Eh, whatev. It's Pittsburg, Kansas. It's.. the pits.

Back