So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,290 comments
It was mostly a terrible day today... Started off okay with a nice quiet morning cleaning up around the apartment, even invited my friend over who I haven't seen in some time. But then things went south once my friend arrived. We got together and started to catch up, but then my upstairs neighbor got up and started blasting her music so loud we could barely have a conversation, unfortunately he didn't have that long to talk to me so he ended up leaving before we could really get into much. I politely asked my neighbor who has played her music overly loud before, but instead of apologizing like she has before, she starts slamming doors and goes outside to the other neighbors to talk trash about me for telling her to turn down her music. That set me off.... Then my father calls me to "just come over." Little did I know he opened my mail and saw a credit card bill that I (had already paid) and thought I didn't pay it off. Came over and had nothing but him yelling at me and calling me an idiot constantly and bringing up my past mistakes. Had a massive headache since the morning and with no where to really rest, frustrated, I felt like I had no where to go... My apartment was stuck with an 🤬 neighbor and I couldn't stay at my parents house with my dad berating me.... I ended up getting an invite from my brother's co-worker to go out for a ride in his 1974 MG Midget for some ice cream. Figured it'd be something positive for once....so that was the ONE nice thing that's happened.
61162590_10219751245230992_5914620336862658560_n.jpg

It was a rather enjoyable time out in the warm weather as it's been nothing but rain the past couple of weeks. But even that was spoiled by some jack:censored: who had to park his stupid lifted Toyota Tundra right up to the door of the MG at the ice cream shop.

On the way home, some kid thought it'd be fun to "troll" me in his girlfriend's Nissan Sentra. Laying on the horn next to me while I had my window down. Then chasing me and tailgating me almost all the way to my street. No idea why, but I presume a bright red GTI may have caused him to act that way.... (I was literally just driving the speed limit, trying to have a quiet cruise back to my apartment)

This day has only made me feel more spiteful towards people.... The only highlight was cruising around in the MG.

Yesterday >>> almost perfect

Did my duty: choosing a new government

Went to Snowvalley with a couple of friends last evening and we had a blast.

45906.jpg

Great... Picked up a puncture whilst running an errand... A sodding great T handle hex key stuck straight through the shoulder of the tyre! No spare...

IMG_20190904_112052.jpg

... At least it scrapped off some of the mud (along with the paint).

Ouch! Stuff like that is why I keep a plug kit and 12v compressor in my vehicles. Seems we get something in our tire every few months. Last time was a small needle file just about 50 feet from my house. Oof.

Ouch! Stuff like that is why I keep a plug kit and 12v compressor in my vehicles. Seems we get something in our tire every few months. Last time was a small needle file just about 50 feet from my house. Oof.

I was only about a mile from the place I normally use fortunately. I gave them a call and they came out straight away, they didn't think it could be repaired so they whipped it off took it back to base, changed it, bought it back and refitted it. Only took about 30 mins all up, so not that bad. I do need to get a spare since I've taken the runflats off over time. I've got enough old alloys in my shed, I just need to find one that'll fit, and get a tyre put on it.

Very, very boring all the way to the point that I have a headache.

I need some positive excitement in my life.

Don't joke. St. John's Wort has a more noticeable effect on my mood than Fluoxetine, Citalopram or Sertraline. Juries still out on CBD oil though.
Well, why didn't you say so? :lol:

It's been many years already since I last took a pill of it.

Indeed! And it doesn't always work.

You have to be very careful with St. John's Wort.

Over here, and I assume in Europe, because of how 'herbal remedies' are regulated you can get a lot of variance in anything labelled as St.Johns Wort, even from the same manufacturer. It's unfortunate, there's no doubt in my mind that it is an effect drug for some people, if it got proper classification we'd see greater consistency.

It is starting to get better compared to one hour ago. I'm preparing food for my father and take it upstairs so he can eat while he's still in bed. I definitely need somebody in my life to take care of.

Saturday evening my father fell and he probably busted a few ribs. He has on top of his physical problems and pain this injury to deal with.

Poor, poor daddy.

Got signed off work for the rest of the week, paid sick leave, got through the police roadblock without getting robbed this time, bought a new fishing lure and managed all of that on a very, very pedestrian speed bicycle ride in the rain.

Just woke up from a several hour snooze and now I’m hungry. Pretty good day so far.

Remember when you said you were teasing me in some other thread? I was just doing the same thing here. :D

But we shouldn't prolong this here and just get back to topic.
Touché.

I hope you know what I mean with touché"?

So, I was going to head into town to get a few things and maybe stop by the local for beer or two. I was slightly annoyed to see the buses weren't running, but no big deal as the next tram-stop was only 5 mins walk away. So of I set, and just as I arrived all hell broke loose. Yep I was in the middle of a demonstration that had turned into minor riot. Tear gas and rubber bullets were used by the police, random articles were thrown back, and various wheelie bins were in the process of being immolated.

I was exactly in the location where the 40 second mark of the video shows - https://www.20min.ch/schweiz/zuerich/story/Abtreibungsgegner-gehen-auf-die-Strasse-16091154 - sorry it's in German. For some reason Google translate has a problem with this page

Police had "kettled" the area off so I wasn't going anywhere. Fortunately in the middle of Limmatplatz Tram-Stop theres a small shop and cafe bar, so I did what any red blooded Englishman would do, and went for a beer until the riff raff cleared off.

Needless to say I totally failed to accomplish what I set out to do, but at least I got a beer.

Back