So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
Looks like I'm gonna be happy today because the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA just faced their fourth loss of this season. :D

After very nearly three years, my d-string stripped out on me. Replaced the strings on this particular guitar January 2nd 2016. Just pooped on December 22nd 2019. That's some solid time for as much as I tune and detune the damn thing. Let alone the ten degree temp changes in my house.

Glad it wasn't my g-string doing the stripping. I have to stay warm some how :dunce:

20191223_002116.jpg

It has been quite the day already and it's just past noon.
Started out normal enough. Took the boy to daycare. Dropped my daughter off with her mother. Then the fun started. Just as I got home I saw our special pickup garbage truck drive off... Crap, I forgot I was supposed to set out a washer and a water heater to be picked up. A couple hours later, I go to the basement to stay prepping for a house project. Low and behold, both of my sump pumps decided to not work and I have a solid two inches of water on the floor. Give them both a tap and boon, back to life they go, waters pumping out like crazy, that's going to take some time.
Well, the wife and I, having the day off, made plans to go see the new Star Wars movie and have a nice lunch beforehand. Turns out the restaurant didnt open till 4... crap. So off to somewhere else. We pull out onto the drive with about an hour and a half before show time. About a quarter mile down the road and I see a guy with his left turn blinker on keep driving right by the left turn lane. Interesting, maybe he's a bit misplaced and is going to catch the next turn lane. It occurred to me then, this guy seems to be a little loose with his lane management. Actuality, he threw lane management out the window and his driving abilities seemed to be rapidly deteriorating. He starts weaving in and out of both lanes, curbing both sides of the road (four lanes with a hard median). He nearly took out a few signs and a few cars. I turn on my hazards and take up the middle of both lanes behind. As we approach the Edgewood and cedar intersection, this guy is about completely out. He curbs the car again and slowly drives through the red light and out onto cedar. He finally manages to creep through the intersection, pull off the road and come to a stop. My wife as on the phone with 911 at this point. I park behind him, jump out and rush to the van. Not quite sure how he's holding the brake, as the guy is almost completely unresponsive, I threw the shifter I to park and turn off the van. At this point another samaritan, a navy recruiter I believe, just off duty apparently, pulls up and together we work to keep the man responding and checking his vitals until the medical team arrived.
Sadly, my guess, given the fellows state amd other oddities I believe this guy had over dosed, and the paramedics seemed to agree as I heard one shout out "grab the narcan." Luckily no one was hurt, and hopefully this will be the event that causes this guy to get help.
Now for the movie. Hopefully the rest of the day goes down with a whole lot more boredom.

It has been quite the day already and it's just past noon.
Started out normal enough. Took the boy to daycare. Dropped my daughter off with her mother. Then the fun started. Just as I got home I saw our special pickup garbage truck drive off... Crap, I forgot I was supposed to set out a washer and a water heater to be picked up. A couple hours later, I go to the basement to stay prepping for a house project. Low and behold, both of my sump pumps decided to not work and I have a solid two inches of water on the floor. Give them both a tap and boon, back to life they go, waters pumping out like crazy, that's going to take some time.
Well, the wife and I, having the day off, made plans to go see the new Star Wars movie and have a nice lunch beforehand. Turns out the restaurant didnt open till 4... crap. So off to somewhere else. We pull out onto the drive with about an hour and a half before show time. About a quarter mile down the road and I see a guy with his left turn blinker on keep driving right by the left turn lane. Interesting, maybe he's a bit misplaced and is going to catch the next turn lane. It occurred to me then, this guy seems to be a little loose with his lane management. Actuality, he threw lane management out the window and his driving abilities seemed to be rapidly deteriorating. He starts weaving in and out of both lanes, curbing both sides of the road (four lanes with a hard median). He nearly took out a few signs and a few cars. I turn on my hazards and take up the middle of both lanes behind. As we approach the Edgewood and cedar intersection, this guy is about completely out. He curbs the car again and slowly drives through the red light and out onto cedar. He finally manages to creep through the intersection, pull off the road and come to a stop. My wife as on the phone with 911 at this point. I park behind him, jump out and rush to the van. Not quite sure how he's holding the brake, as the guy is almost completely unresponsive, I threw the shifter I to park and turn off the van. At this point another samaritan, a navy recruiter I believe, just off duty apparently, pulls up and together we work to keep the man responding and checking his vitals until the medical team arrived.
Sadly, my guess, given the fellows state amd other oddities I believe this guy had over dosed, and the paramedics seemed to agree as I heard one shout out "grab the narcan." Luckily no one was hurt, and hopefully this will be the event that causes this guy to get help.
Now for the movie. Hopefully the rest of the day goes down with a whole lot more boredom.

The amount of people driving on drugs, especially in the holiday season is scary. Between that and a whole lot of people who don't normally drive during the year, it's a dangerous time. I don't mind if people want to use recreational drugs, but bloody hell don't do it and drive, that's dangerous as heck. Good on you for stepping in though.

it was a cool day. I went to the Park with my friends, to the movies, and we went to a new pizza place. It was the most delicious pizza.

I caught a feckin’ fish!

Middle of rural Lanna, relatives farm property, fishing hole. Had no idea it was here until today.

Family curse; great grandfather was a keen fisherman, never caught anything. Great uncle the same, father the same... all the male lineage of the Kerr family have terrible luck with fishing (and not necessarily due to lack of skill). It’s actually considered a family curse. We’re all better at hunting than trapping, great grandfather was adept at hunting... nazis.

Anyhow, today, with 5 lines out, I succeeded in landing a beautiful, stunning 100g perch. There’s also a 2 pound carp in the bucket but my 5 year old niece caught that.

Up yours, family curse.

This takes my total tally of fish caught to somewhere in double figures, although I’ve still never caught anything weighing double figures, despite my best efforts. (Personal record is 9 pound).

You may think I’m an inept fisherman, but this is not that case, trust me, it’s just the family curse.

I also have cold beer, adequate shade and solitude, so I’m on my element.

I wonder how it feels like to be awake most of the day, morning until night, with nothing to do other than to lurk in this forum and desperately monitor post count. :cool:

I feel like a certain someone here is a big, big victim of that. :lol:

Must be a sad day for me and my family. A big guard dog of ours who's only less than 5-years old just passed away recently, leaving two other more behind. :guilty::(:nervous::indiff:

Just spent the last two days moving from the house we just sold to an apartment. Still have a bunch of stuff to to move into storage and clean around the old place before handing over the keys. Man have we (me) accumulated a lot of crap. We've filled a room at the in laws, two sheds at a friend's, and a 10x20' storage unit.
Today was the garage day. Lots and lots of heavy junk and tools to move. Just glad I did all of the motors already.
Now is the fun bit though. Time to start house shopping.

Decided to go on a date, after not being interested in spending time dating for a long time.

Woman was strikingly beautiful on the pictures she'd shared on the dating app. Live she was even better.

It was a very pleasant evening and an even better surprise.

Decided to go on a date, after not being interested in spending time dating for a long time.

Woman was strikingly beautiful on the pictures she'd shared on the dating app. Live she was even better.

It was a very pleasant evening and an even better surprise.
That's nice! Hope she's the one for you.

Had a rather tiring and stressful long day today. Sent by my work to pick up a customer's new car in Brooklyn, NY at BMW of Brooklyn. Left our dealership at 7:50AM, got to Brooklyn around 1:30PM. Left at 2PM, but got stuck in so many traffic jams that I didn't make it back until 8:40PM today.... Not the latest I've arrived, but the driving was more stressful than others that I've had. Worse was just leaving the dealership and getting stuck in a jam, then dealing with a very stereotypical NYC driver. Cutting me off and flipping me off after honking at me, then trying to brake check me. Amusingly enough, karma caught up to him and I saw him a few miles later with the rear of his Accord caved in after being rear ended by a semi.
89281562_10222432440619201_1239858914057519104_n.jpg

Took this photo for my co-worker while he was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

I've been very tired lately so I went to the doc. Tests says the inflammation is back and I have started to bleed internally again. Oh boy, I just hope it wont get as bad as last year, when even the meds didn't work anymore and pain was absolutely unbearable. :nervous:

Good and bad.

Spent half the day on the phone with the cable company about the amount of my bill. After 2 calls and a few hours on the phone they ended up knocking $50 off my bill and increased my internet speed by ~3X. 👍

The bad part is although they supposedly did not touch the cable portion of my plan, the cable never came back on after the plan update. Been without cable pretty much the whole day, they are sending out a tech tomorrow afternoon to try and figure it out. Hoping all I need is a new cable card in the Tivo.

I got home and opened my post box only for a snake to be sitting in there. I think I was more alarmed than it was.

👎 Suffering.

still don't feel that great. Better to be here on GTP than lie on the couch, what I do too much. A good way to ponder though.

First full day home (well, staying with my parents for a bit before I go back to my house) after a stay in the hospital. Feeling normal again. If a bit low on energy.

Yesterday I had a COVID-19 test. Boo! But I failed the test. Yay!

Showing some symptoms over the weekend, so I was called in early for testing and given the all-clear later in the afternoon. Just a cold then. Although I'm not sure how I could have caught it considering it's virtually non-existent here.

Back