So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
Enjoying my day so far, its only half gone. Went to work, then I picked up my grandma to do some grocery shopping. Once we got home my uncle made some hamburgers. The only problem I had all morning part of the day is my right toe has been aching all day. I had cut myself a few days ago, had been healing nicely untill I bumped it on the door, reopened the cut.

Yesterday I discovered Catan the board game. I also discovered I own at said game compared to the experienced people I played with. Must be luck.

I also attended a dinner party and managed to stay away from the fridge full of beer! Left at 10pm though so as not to tempt myself.

Spent the day out in the sun doing my 'branchage', which is the legal requirement to cut back your hedges if they have overgrown the road. Managed to get covered in insect bites, scratches, nettle stings, a burnt forehead and slightly hazy on still cider. So all-in-all a great success. 👍

Don't forget if you cut down a tree from the neighbours ge=arden you ar still obligated to offer them the cuttings since it's their teree.

....Well, if the tree had branches that was overhanging onto your property, you don't have to offer them the branches that you cut down? As it was intruding onto your property and you didn't want it there in the first place.

Ancient laws mate. If I cut down the braxhes from your tree, I ave the right to do so if they are over my side of the fence, bu because of fire -wood laws back in the dark ages, I wouks still have to offer the wood on my side back to you.

Ancient laws mate. If I cut down the braxhes from your tree, I ave the right to do so if they are over my side of the fence, bu because of fire -wood laws back in the dark ages, I wouks still have to offer the wood on my side back to you.

.... nowadays I don't think people could care about it anyway.

Unless they were exceedingly uptight, of course. They just make life difficult for everyone else!

Today was pretty much the same as every day: 8.5 hours of work, two hours at the gym and a bit of gaming afterwards. Today: Skyrim. Nothing special, really.

BT managed to rectify the fault that has meant I've had no broadband since early May... consequently I will have missed out on most of the GT Academy prize cars.

Do not get Broadband from BT, their complaints and customer service departments do nothing but demonstrate incompetence and how badly the residents of Delhi are taught English these days.

I also hate estate agents and car insurance companies whose greed is acting as a cancer within my life... I'm waiting for the rain that Travis Bickle spoke of,... I'm waiting for the rain that is going to wash all the scum away.

Two months with no broadband, I'll admit I may have gone slightly insane.

Last edited:
Horrible day, Didnt get to bed till about midnight, then I was supposed to hang out with a friend but she got sick and couldnt make it, then it went down hill. Hope tomorrow is better.

Lazy day for me, picked up my grandma from her early morning appointment. Got home. Lazy in bed for another two hours watching TV, got up played Sim City 4 for about 3 hours. Now I got about 40 minutes before heading for work

I'm mega hungover. No body to blame, really. But life goes on in the usual dull manor it has been for as long as I can remember.

I'm mega hungover. No body to blame, really. But life goes on in the usual dull manor it has been for as long as I can remember.

But you have a pretty woman to share it with! That's worth something anyhow.

So far today, it is relatively laid back and pretty chilled. Will soon have to do some housework and organise some stuff at some point.

Don't forget if you cut down a tree from the neighbours ge=arden you ar still obligated to offer them the cuttings since it's their teree.

I don't have any neighbours... I killed them all and stole their trees.

....Well, if the tree had branches that was overhanging onto your property, you don't have to offer them the branches that you cut down? As it was intruding onto your property and you didn't want it there in the first place.

Correct. Ignore Shem, he's a clinical mental. :sly:

WTF's up with your typing? :lol:

If a neighbour's tree was hanging over my property to the extent it was blocking light, dangerous or just 🤬 annoying, first I'd ask him to sort it and then, if he refused, I'd cut it all down for him and drag it to his driveway across his front door so he couldn't get out. No legal obligation, just me being an angry b'stard!

And btw, that actually happened. I have video proof of the dangerous trees falling down and my missus helped me drag all his 'firewood' on to his driveway. :mischievous:

Last edited:
But you have a pretty woman to share it with! That's worth something anyhow.

How vary true. Thanks. :)

I don't have any neighbours... I killed them all and stole their trees.

Have you read your next comment? Apparently I'm the mad one!?

Correct. Ignore Shem, he's a clinical mental. :sly:

11 out of 10 psychologists agree.

WTF's up with your typing? :lol:

Drunk. :guilty:

Today was a lovely day. Despite feeling pummelled from yesterday's binge I enjoyed today.

Went to take my little sister to an old town wife wifey but the little one was tired and cranky so Mrs Shem and I went for a curry in town.

The humidity has dropped today making 37degress bearable.

Funny day! Car shopping today, tried a Lexus Is-F 2010 ( base), tried a Bmw M3 2004 yesterday, a supercharged m3. Both cars are very differents, price too. Don't really know what to think since I really like both.

In the last hour my sister saw me on the "Google Images" thread, and she saw an awkward picture. More specifically, one with a woman and a donkey. Now that that happened, she will probably tell my parents and more than likely they will never let me on this forum again. :scared:

(I lied to her saying that I would report it. Oh, how I love to trick family members out of things. :lol: I'm 14, by the way.)

Had a nice day, actually. Again, 8.5 hpurs of work, planned to do another two at the gym. Was done already when two friends of mine showed up for the first time in about two weeks. So, I actually spent three hours at the gym - and everything went better than expected.

Was hanging out with a buddy later that evening, watching Two and a Half Man and The Big Bang Theory. Good times, good times. Aside from the fact that I was turned down by a girl, but I can't say that I mind that a lot.

What word is better that awesome?

Yesterday I saw the boss, Bruce Springsteen in Dublin. It was brilliant. He played from 19:00 until 22:40 or so. He continuously took the piss off the Hyde Park gig by starting by saying "Before we were so rudely interrupted" and continued to play Twist and Shout that he had Paul McCartney were unplugged from. Throughout the show he kept shouting "No Curfew, Not in Ireland". His new album was good but the crowd didn't really come alive until he played the classics. A nice tribute to Clarence Clements during the gig.

Had Math exam today, Applied Statistics. Since I had skipped class for the past 3 weeks, I had no idea what I was doing. Ahh, probable gonna re-take the subject in another semester or something.

Another spiffing day for me. Did some work online, went to an old town to collect little trinkets to distribute back in London, then had a pizza for dinner and I'm about to fire up some GT.

Started off ok, had to go to college in the morning, last lesson of term, and I start my engineering apprenticeship after so school is out, so to speak. ;)

Went back to my dad's around 12ish to see if he is ok. (He broke his metatarsal so he is hopping everywhere.)

Then, got back to my mothers at 6pm, and we had a beautiful storm, with forked lightning right on top of us.

Logged on GTP to find out that the Nordschleife is bankrupt so it ended on a real downer, but not a bad day.

Night, GTP. :)

Spent from 12am-4am on NHL06, got caught by dad, went to sleep, woke up at 12pm. Played NHL06 from 12pm to 6:30pm, now I'm eating supper. Highlight of my day? Had a shower after I woke up.

Worst day ever.
Met a gorgeous, funny, smart girl like 3 months ago. Another friend told me she was now single! So last night we hung out all evening. Called her after and told her how I feel about her. She said she really likes me but her old BF and her are trying to work things out.
So today was spent being mad at the world. :lol:

woke up at 12pm. Played NHL06 from 12pm to 6:30pm, now I'm eating supper. Highlight of my day? Had a shower after I woke up.
Woke up at noon. Started playing NHL06 at noon. Had a shower in between?

Fastest. Shower. Ever.

Latest Posts

Back