So Kaz, How are you going to convince the masses to purchase GT7?

The point being made is that waiting a year or more to release some of the most wanted features is not exactly fan friendly. Had they said upfront that these coveted features wouldn't be released for a year (or more) I think a lot fewer would have bought the game. The average life for most video games is probably under a year (guessing) so after nearly 11 months you can see why some people are starting to get very frustrated. All the missing features that were inexplicably removed from GT5 is just salt in the wound that negatively effects the enjoyment of GT6.
But we do know that Gran Turismo games last a hell of a lot longer than any other game. The reason why we don't have any information about when everything's coming is because they themselves don't know. Why can't people be patient like I am with them and take things as they come? It isn't hard. Let them work and the goods will come.

EDIT: The missing features in GT5 haven't per se been removed, but are being kept to the side for an overhaul.

Last edited:
Be grateful! Its better than Forza!

>No livery editor
>Halfassed sounds
>Cars that still look like GT4
>weak car updates
>lack of relevant cars

GT6 is clearly so much better.

But for me to get GT7, it's basically gonna have to be the best game ever. They'll have to compete with Project Cars, and actually get with the times with weather, damage, and features and cars people actually want.

But we do know that Gran Turismo games last a hell of a lot longer than any other game. The reason why we don't have any information about when everything's coming is because they themselves don't know. Why can't people be patient like I am with them and take things as they come. It isn't hard. Let them work and the goods will come.

EDIT: The missing features in GT5 haven't per se been removed, but are being kept to the side for an overhaul.

We've been patient for nearly a year, patience is running out. GT5 kept me happy for nearly three years, but GT6 is pretty much GT5 Lite and there isn't enough to keep us happy and some of the things I could enjoy for days on end in GT5 are no longer available.

Things like single make races with any car in the game, tire/fuel wear in arcade mode, rally racing, shuffle racing, endurance races, RA adjustments online, ability to zoom your map, trading cars, all gone without explanation and no mention of them coming back. I call that removed. So while we're waiting an unspecified length of time for the good features, they've taken away a lot of the features that kept us entertained.

And having a different opinion does not make one a "troll" although lately it seems to be the norm for people to call anyone who disagrees with them. I have supported Gran Turismo since GT2 and would continue to if they had delivered the game they PROMISED which they very much did NOT.

I have as much right to have my opinion about PD as those that feel anyone who does not go into total "Fanboi" mode do about theirs. it is an opinion. It is how I feel and how I will react. I've said that in response to the subject. If someone else feels like buying GT7, then by all means BUY IT!! They'll need the sales I suspect. IF the mysterious update comes and adds the promised features, then yes, I will if I can budget for it support them and buy GT7 myself, but if not........I already said what I think. :lol:

And to ALL of us, whether in agreement or not: :cheers:

Cheers!!

>No livery editor
>Halfassed sounds
>weak car updates
>lack of relevant cars

Great post. I have been a GT fan since I played GT1 in high school in the '90s and it kills me how GT has stagnated over the years and been surpassed by Forza. Honestly I was so disappointed in GT5 that GT6 is the 1st GT game that I did not preorder and get the day of launch.

Great post. I have been a GT fan since I played GT1 in high school in the '90s and it kills me how GT has stagnated over the years and been surpassed by Forza. Honestly I was so disappointed in GT5 that GT6 is the 1st GT game that I did not preorder and get the day of launch.

Same.

It's just aggravating to be constantly screwed over when we keep supporting them stupidly.

And having a different opinion does not make one a "troll" although lately it seems to be the norm for people to call anyone who disagrees with them. I have supported Gran Turismo since GT2 and would continue to if they had delivered the game they PROMISED which they very much did NOT.

I have as much right to have my opinion about PD as those that feel anyone who does not go into total "Fanboi" mode do about theirs. it is an opinion. It is how I feel and how I will react. I've said that in response to the subject. If someone else feels like buying GT7, then by all means BUY IT!! They'll need the sales I suspect. IF the mysterious update comes and adds the promised features, then yes, I will if I can budget for it support them and buy GT7 myself, but if not........I already said what I think. :lol:

And to ALL of us, whether in agreement or not: :cheers:

Cheers!!

Well it must be easy to sit behind a computer and write paragraphs about why this game is bad and complain. I don't understand why so many people come here to complain. Yes promises may have been broken but who cares its a game you bought it and played just like me and many others. Life move s on we don't need to sit here whining for the next year about it just to make you or someone else feel better. If you don't like it don't play it simple as that.

Well it must be easy to sit behind a computer and write paragraphs about why this game is bad and complain. I don't understand why so many people come here to complain. Yes promises may have been broken but who cares its a game you bought it and played just like me and many others. Life move s on we don't need to sit here whining for the next year about it just to make you or someone else feel better. If you don't like it don't play it simple as that.
You really don't like anyone to disagree with you eh? That's okay. I still do no matter how many times you attack anyone with a non-positive fawning opinion. 👍:)

You really don't like anyone to disagree with you eh? That's okay. I still do no matter how many times you attack anyone with a non-positive fawning opinion. 👍:)

This thread is verry hostile. It's like this thread is full negative mode :P.

It must be easy to sit behind a computer and write paragraphs about why other members are so bad for not agreeing with your opinion.

Easier said than done mate.

I bought this game because of promises that were made by the series creator. What has happened to them?

I feel as though I have the right to complain, GT1,2,3,4 were amazing, they set the bar for console racing games. Nothing came close to them in terms of content, graphics, physics, and for me, fun.

Now, GT is struggling to keep its head above water, and the only thing that seems to be keeping it afloat are the ridiculous promises made by PD and the (dwindling) legion of followers that still choose to believe them.

GT was king, now it is nothing more than the village fool that barely deserves any attention.

This is why I feel Kaz really needs to sell GT to the masses, no more can he just rely on the logo on the box, because he has tainted it.

I just hope that someone can pick up the torch and do well with it. Kaz has lost his vision because he limited the game. Maybe part of that is the PS3 problem, maybe he showed this starting with 4.

Either way, PCars had better create some good competition.

Easier said than done mate.

I bought this game because of promises that were made by the series creator. What has happened to them?

I feel as though I have the right to complain, GT1,2,3,4 were amazing, they set the bar for console racing games. Nothing came close to them in terms of content, graphics, physics, and for me, fun.

Now, GT is struggling to keep its head above water, and the only thing that seems to be keeping it afloat are the ridiculous promises made by PD and the (dwindling) legion of followers that still choose to believe them.

GT was king, now it is nothing more than the village fool that barely deserves any attention.

This is why I feel Kaz really needs to sell GT to the masses, no more can he just rely on the logo on the box, because he has tainted it.

I can agree with you on this. I must admit I was excited for gt6 thinking I'll be able to do endurance races they left them out and put 24minutes of Le Mans instead also not having b-spec was a disappointment. The AI needs work done on its like they are glued to the track and they will drive into you when you are overtaking them on a corner. I haven't played the game for ages i got bored of it also maybe the career mode needs re working as well to make it more interesting.

I can agree with you on this. I must admit I was excited for gt6 thinking I'll be able to do endurance races they left them out and put 24minutes of Le Mans instead also not having b-spec was a disappointment. The AI needs work done on its like they are glued to the track and they will drive into you when you are overtaking them on a corner. I haven't played the game for ages i got bored of it also maybe the career mode needs re working as well to make it more interesting.
So true Cobra.

It needs a complete overhaul. We know PD are capable of some pretty amazing stuff. I can only hope they pull some magic out of their hats with GT7, because if it is not AMAZING, it will be a no buy for me.

The fact that standards are in and my G27 is out is not a good start for GT in my books.

Cars are cars when you aren't taking pics... ;)

I won't go there (any further), but the game play has been stuck in a rut. It's like Kaz is saying, "I thought you liked it this way, so that's how it will stay. No changes, and no options."

I'm waiting for an open optioned game to arrive..... Until then, I am looking at going back to 1 through 4......

So true Cobra.

It needs a complete overhaul. We know PD are capable of some pretty amazing stuff. I can only hope they pull some magic out of their hats with GT7, because if it is not AMAZING, it will be a no buy for me.

The fact that standards are in and my G27 is out is not a good start for GT in my books.

Yeah I would have prefered a years delay with all content in like gt5 but oh we'll guess its to late now. For me I'm looking forward to project cars hopefully I can spend hours on it. I still don't have a racing game for my ps4 yet.

>No livery editor
>Halfassed sounds
>weak car updates
>lack of relevant cars

But for me to get GT7, it's basically gonna have to be the best game ever. They'll have to compete with Project Cars, and actually get with the times with weather, damage, and features and cars people actually want.

You my good sir are a very ungrateful person. How about you make GT6 with your own team. I think not because of something called LIMITATIONS on the PS3. Look it up!!!!!🤬:grumpy:

And your point is....?
Its not easy making Gran Turismo but you people just complain and complain like a 2 year old wanting a cookie. like deal with it grow some and respect how they are trying to make crap happen with what there able to do within the limits.

blindness at its finest...

@PESCAROLOP902
Stop it with the "well make your own game and team if you think you're better" arguement please, it's bad and you know it. Some people didn't buy GT6 for its name alone you know, they (and myself) bought GT6 based on its promises that were advertised, such as the Course Maker, B-Spec and the Community features, but yet, those features aren't added into the game yet and it's been 9 months after release. People have the right to complain because they were promised that those three features would be added into the game "in later updates".

You love the game and think it's good, okay, that's fine and we respect that, but you have no right to barge in here like a knight in shiny armor to silence those who are complaining. They were grateful enough to spent $60 on this game, so let them voice their criticisms and concerns with it.

Also, it's not easy to make Gran Turismo? KAZ has been developing GT for 15 years, but it just so happens that HE refuses to up his game and listen to fans who wants to help him improve it (despite the limitations he tends to sing about as his excuse to not improve his game). You don't need a stronger console to correct flaws such as sounds and AI.

You guys are hilarious. It is a miserable person to come here to a FAN site and complain. Anyway, I am just saying I'm enjoying the game in it's current form, even though I would like some new features. If you don't want to support GT unless it is perfect, then wait for the reviews on 7 and if it doesn't get everything right, don't buy it

You guys are hilarious. It is a miserable person to come here to a FAN site and complain. Anyway, I am just saying I'm enjoying the game in it's current form, even though I would like some new features. If you don't want to support GT unless it is perfect, then wait for the reviews on 7 and if it doesn't get everything right, don't buy it
Aren't you on this fansite at this moment to complain about people who complain? I guess you must be pretty miserable then. Or maybe you're just expressing your opinion freely like everyone else:idea:

No matter to me anymore. I got Assetto Corsa today and been playing around with it. Wow! I've loved GT for a LONG time but this seals it. Bye Kaz and PD and I truly do wish you luck and hope you find your way again. Gran Turismo is the game that started me on the path to sims in general and I am thankful, but after GT6 not delivering basic game features that were supposed to be there, it's time to move on. Cheers everyone here also and it's been fun around these boards but I suspect I may be around a lot less in future.👍:cheers::cheers::D

Aren't you on this fansite at this moment to complain about people who complain? I guess you must be pretty miserable then. Or maybe you're just expressing your opinion freely like everyone else:idea:
No, I'm on this fansite to talk about my favorite game. Unfortunately a few people are on here complaining how horrible it is. And I do mean a few. It's always the same people. I think if 10-15 complainers were not on this site then there would be almost no complaints. I don't understand why you spend so much time complaining when you could be chatting with fellow members about different race events or what cars and setups you like. And if you don't like the game or playing then why are you wasting your time here. That would be like me going to a call of duty site and complaining about how horrible the game is. It makes no sense.

No, I'm on this fansite to talk about my favorite game. Unfortunately a few people are on here complaining how horrible it is. And I do mean a few. It's always the same people. I think if 10-15 complainers were not on this site then there would be almost no complaints. I don't understand why you spend so much time complaining when you could be chatting with fellow members about different race events or what cars and setups you like. And if you don't like the game or playing then why are you wasting your time here. That would be like me going to a call of duty site and complaining about how horrible the game is. It makes no sense.
So you're here to talk about your favourite game but your entire post is a rant complaining about people complaining about the game?

You guys are hilarious. It is a miserable person to come here to a FAN site and complain.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...isappointing-site.318498/page-2#post-10160128
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...isappointing-site.318498/page-3#post-10160701
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...isappointing-site.318498/page-3#post-10161118
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-is-such-a-disappointing-site.318498/#post-10159972

How convenient it is that a thread exactly along those lines was recently started and commented on by several members of the site staff!

Back