So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
The digital pre-order announcement said:
In addition, from launch at retail you’ll find a new option for building your ultimate fantasy car collection in-game credits will be purchasable through PS Store or your friendly local retailer at the following denominations: 500K, 1 million, 2.5 million or 7 million credits which you’ll be able to apply in-game for cars and parts.

That means we can buy in-game money for REAL CASH. Sounds like this trope, isn't it? :rolleyes:
-----------------------
Discuss.
@Johnnypenso via @sega freak send me the following prices of credit pack prices for European players:

From Belgian/Dutch site Game Mania.

1 million for 9,99 euro http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=29754
2,5 million for 19,99 euro http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=29756
-----------------------

@ScouserInExile from Eurogamer:
  • 500,000 Game Credits (£3.99/€4.99)
  • 1 Million In-Game Credits (£7.99/€9.99)
  • 2,500,000 In-Game Credits (£15.99/€19.99)
  • 7 Million In-Game Credits (£39.99/€49.99)

More to be added as new information comes out.

Last edited:
This is why the gaming industry is going downhill. Many developers are ripping off their consumers these days. Its sad that gamers who are not aware of how this money-making system can ruin their experience. They'll be bored in less than two weeks for not actually collecting the cars themselves.

This is why the gaming industry is going downhill. Many developers are ripping off their consumers these days. Its sad that gamers who are not aware of how this money-making system can ruin their experience as they'll be bored in less than two weeks for not actually collecting the cars themselves.
That's not ripping anyone off. People could, I don't know, use their brain and actually play the game as opposed to paying more money to get something they could probably earn anyways.

This is why the gaming industry is going downhill. Many developers are ripping off their consumers these days. Its sad that gamers who are not aware of how this money-making system can ruin their experience. They'll be bored in less than two weeks for not actually collecting the cars themselves.

That statement assumes that collecting the cars is fun. Driving is fun.

That's not ripping anyone off. People could, I don't know, use their brain and actually play the game as opposed to paying more money to get something they could probably earn anyways.
But there are more casual gamers than hardcore gamers who will buy the game, and many of them DO pay for this stuff.

I posted this news to GT6 subreddit (/r/GT6) and I came out with suggestion that PD may nerf the Seasonal Events payouts. Thoughts? :indiff:

But there are more casual gamers than hardcore gamers who will buy the game, and many of them DO pay for this stuff.
You missed the point by a good long shot. There is nothing being limited in the game (other than actually playing the game) when this is offered. All this does is make it easier to get into your favorite car. There is no requirement to buy the credits.

I don't personally care either way. I rarely play online for several reasons, and it won't impede on myself playing the game (career) correctly.

what d'you guys reckon on the pricing structure for the options ?

In UK

Guessing at:

500k = £1.99
1ml = £3.99
2.5ml = £5.49
7ml = £8.99 or £10.49 or something...?

Back