So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
what d'you guys reckon on the pricing structure for the options ?

In UK

Guessing at:

500k = £1.99
1ml = £3.99
2.5ml = £5.49
7ml = £8.99 or £10.49 or something...?

If so then that really sucks. I would never pay that.

I love how everyone is treating this like its the end of the world. Even though this most likely wont change anything, but hey, whatever makes you guys happy. I've played plenty of games that have the "buy in game currency" option, and I've never had it ruin my gaming experience. So I'm not sure why you all seem to think it will.

This changes nothing and 90% of the players won't use it. The ONLY way I can see its usage is if:

1. Races only give winnings once.
2. Cars are not able to be sold.

You missed the point by a good long shot. There is nothing being limited in the game (other than actually playing the game) when this is offered. All this does is make it easier to get into your favorite car. There is no requirement to buy the credits.

This also affects Online too, and thats another problem. When I'm playing the game, I will win many races to finally get a Mazda 787B and that takes skill. Then, there are kids who have no skill another than screaming in headsets, getting Le Mans cars on day one. Then we should enjoy trying hard to find a clean race. Maybe this doesn't affect you because you don't like racing online but I do 50% Offline and 50% Online so it does affect me.

I love how everyone is treating this like its the end of the world. Even though this most likely wont change anything, but hey, whatever makes you guys happy. I've played plenty of games that have the "buy in game currency" option, and I've never had it ruin my gaming experience. So I'm not sure why you all seem to think it will.

Exactly! No one is forcing us to use this, and with proper online restrictions/settings, people who buy credits to get cars faster won't have any affect on us. Personally, I'll stick to the old-fashion way of earning credits, but lets say months down the line I REALLY want a specific new car and don't feel like grinding 10 hours of racing...it's nice to know I have another option for credits.

EDIT: again, this does NOT affect online in any meaningful way, assuming you are looking for the right races.

Okay, so normally I give PD the benefit of the doubt with all they do, allowing them to show that they can fix things or improve things without people complaining. But this time, I am disagreeing completely with this decision.
Thank you PD for making a stupid move.

Not seeing how this actually affects anything unless the payouts in game are reduced. But since we have no confirmation of that everyone who's freaking out about this and how "bad" it is is reacting to a whole lot of nothing.

That's not ripping anyone off. People could, I don't know, use their brain and actually play the game as opposed to paying more money to get something they could probably earn anyways.
You know how this stuff goes, imagine a sort of GT5 career mode where people is forced to grind in order to progress through the game. Sure "you don't have to" you can always buy in game credits and progress faster... at least that's what they said in other games. But the truth is game develeopers intentionally give an advantage to micro transition customers, just think about a free2play fps where "for only 9,99€ you can buy that super duper weapon and 'pwon all the noobz".

Next step in a racing game would be something like this: "take a performance advantage over your opponents online! More hp, more downforce, less weight, less PP!!! The Performance Pack."
You know what I'm saying.

If this is true then the game is ruined before its even out :(
Ruined how? The GT series has never been balanced when it comes to credits. Within a few hours you're able to have a car that is generally overpowered compared to the competition. So honestly, HOW is this ruining things? Let's be realistic and stop acting like children...

This also affects Online too, and thats another problem. When I'm playing the game, I will win many races to finally get a Mazda 787B and that takes skill. Then, there are kids who have no skill another than screaming in headsets, getting Le Mans cars on day one. Then we should enjoy trying hard to find a clean race. Maybe this doesn't affect you because you don't like racing online but I do 50% Offline and 50% Online so it does affect me.

You know how you had setting for limiting car usage and whatnot online in 5? I'm pretty sure that those will be in 6, so again, you fear is pretty unfounded. I'm sure a lot of other players will be like you and want to race the same, so it won't be like you won't have enough racers either.

Exactly! No one is forcing us to use this, and with proper online restrictions/settings, people who buy credits to get cars faster won't have any affect on us. Personally, I'll stick to the old-fashion way of earning credits, but lets say months down the line I REALLY want a specific new car and don't feel like grinding 10 hours of racing...it's nice to know I have another option for credits.

EDIT: again, this does NOT affect online in any meaningful way, assuming you are looking for the right races.
Same. I will only buy in-game credits with real money if I'm really desperate for certain cars. I mean I didn't have to buy any tokens with real money on Forza 4 eventhough Turn 10 was offering that option to the players. I guess that it will be same for GT6.

This changes nothing and 90% of the players won't use it. The ONLY way I can see its usage is if:

1. Races only give winnings once.
2. Cars are not able to be sold.

1 will never happen, and 2 will probably only affect a small percentage of cars, like in GT5 you couldn't sell the 1million+ cr cars.

If they made it the way you've said, then no-one would have any credits, people would stop playing and PD would not make any money, because people would boycott them.

GTA V has micro-transactions also for in-game credits, but the payout system in GTA online is terrible, anyway, nothing like GT, and at least in GTA people have been glitching their way to 100s of millions anyway and boycotting the stupid micro-transcations that way.

As someone already said above, with private rooms and race restrictions there's no issue online.

And going on about how you'll win your 787B with skill is a load of elitist crap. It's not like the single player in any Gran Turismo has been ridiculously hard or anything, or that people never work out ways to grind for money as fast as possible. You're going to win your awesome cars? Good for you. But there's not a whole lot of skill in it for 99% of the career mode.

If this is true then the game is ruined before its even out :(

Wow. Guess we have way different expectations then. I didn't expect to take longer than a week getting most of the cars. If that's the case, then the game would be ruined for me after a week. Wouldn't be much of a game if that were the case. I've had most of the cars in GT5 two or three times over. That never stopped me from enjoying the game. In fact, there were probably ten cars that I drove the most. And I'll have all ten of those in the first couple of hours. The fun begins when we all get online and try out the new physics model on the track.

No biggie, pretty much every game on today's market has a time savers pack. Now the question is how is PD going to use this additional source of finance. Increase employment?

As someone already said above, with private rooms and race restrictions there's no issue online.

And going on about how you'll win your 787B with skill is a load of elitist crap. It's not like the single player in any Gran Turismo has been ridiculously hard or anything, or that people never work out ways to grind for money as fast as possible. You're going to win your awesome cars? Good for you. But there's not a whole lot of skill in it for 99% of the career mode.

Spot on. This isn't some FPS where you have to earn the best gun in the game. These are cars. It's about the driver. Pick any car, go out on the track and show what you can do. Just because someone buys a bunch of fancy cars doesn't mean they can drive them.

what d'you guys reckon on the pricing structure for the options ?

In UK

Guessing at:

500k = £1.99
1ml = £3.99
2.5ml = £5.49
7ml = £8.99 or £10.49 or something...?
500k - 79p
1m - £1.49
2.5m - £2.99
7m - £6.99
Sounds cheap, still ridiculous.

Spot on. This isn't some FPS where you have to earn the best gun in the game. These are cars. It's about the driver. Pick any car, go out on the track and show what you can do. Just because someone buys a bunch of fancy cars doesn't mean they can drive them.
What if they do something like this:
"take a performance advantage over your opponents online! More hp, more downforce, less weight, less PP!!! The Performance Pack."

500k - 79p
1m - £1.49
2.5m - £2.99
7m - £6.99

That looks more like it. More people would say that was a fair price.

"take a performance advantage over your opponents online! More hp, more downforce, less weight, less PP!!! The Performance Pack."

Why did you need to repeat that?

1 will never happen, and 2 will probably only affect a small percentage of cars, like in GT5 you couldn't sell the 1million+ cr cars.

If they made it the way you've said, then no-one would have any credits, people would stop playing and PD would not make any money, because people would boycott them.

GTA V has micro-transactions also for in-game credits, but the payout system in GTA online is terrible, anyway, nothing like GT, and at least in GTA people have been glitching their way to 100s of millions anyway and boycotting the stupid micro-transcations that way.
Not trying to bring up another game but I got to correct this. I was able to make 600 million "the right way"... The stock market in the game is the key. Just got to pick up the clues they had out in missions and turn auto save off

That would break the already broken PP system even further.

I wouldn't call it 'A bribe to Victory, I mean I don't take bribes. :lol:
In all seriousness I personally think it's there just for the sake of 'Getting with the times' but overall it's pointless in my eyes.

Not trying to bring up another game but I got to correct this. I was able to make 600 million "the right way"... The stock market in the game is the key. Just got to pick up the clues they had out in missions and turn auto save off

You seem to be referring to offline, where money is never an issue - I'm referring to online where micro-transactions were marketed. The stock-market never worked online.

Back