So now we can "bribe our way to victory"? (PRICES REVEALED, SEE OP)

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 1,142 comments
This is why the gaming industry is going downhill. Many developers are ripping off their consumers these days. Its sad that gamers who are not aware of how this money-making system can ruin their experience. They'll be bored in less than two weeks for not actually collecting the cars themselves.

How is it ripping off to provide an option to grinding for cash?

I'm quite happy with this development actually. Anything that helps me to avoid slogging through AI and anything offline is welcome by me. I don't expect to have to buy credits with $$$ and with pre-order bonuses, but if I do, I'm glad it's there.

You know what else is funny? Remember Amazon having a pre-order that gives you "1 million" credits in game? I didn't see people complaining to that?

Where's the joy of gaming and the sense of reward when developers themselves ruin the purpose of their own game by doing pretty much this?

:lol:
PennyArcadeTetrisAnywhere2_8343.png

Nice one, OP 👍

What if they do something like this:
"take a performance advantage over your opponents online! More hp, more downforce, less weight, less PP!!! The Performance Pack."
What if you're swallowed by a pig and your head is sticking out it's a$$ and you're being chased by wolves? You can what if anything to death, how about dealing with what we know is actually happening?

I would rather grind the same race 20 times to get enough money to buy the car I want, than waste real money on it, I mean I grinded the same championship in GT 1 to get a fully tuned GT3000 and Race Mod it, was it worth it in the end yeah in GT3 I grinded the American Championship to get the two american LeMans cars and one of them in red for days was it worth it yea, same with the super speedway 100 laps to get the F1 car

hell I'm even thinking about giving away my 1 Mil Cr code on youtube day one, and maybe some of the cars aswell I dunno yet

Why would you buy credits if you can earn them so easy in the game itself :boggled:

Time is money. If you make $20 per hour on your job, it might be a better deal to spend $5 to buy a couple of million credits than to spend an hour grinding it.

It's when this "option" become essential that you have a rip off.

So it's not a rip off then.

Where's the joy of gaming and the sense of reward when developers themselves ruin the purpose of their own game by doing pretty much this?

:lol:
PennyArcadeTetrisAnywhere2_8343.png

Nice one, OP 👍

Yeah I don't get this first you pay for the game, then you pay again to destroy the offline portion of it..

True but this one is also there whenever you want to buy expensive cars as well.
My concern isn't mainly because it's there. My concern is the game economy and the effects this may or may not have on it :nervous:.

What if you're swallowed by a pig and your head is sticking out it's a$$ and you're being chased by wolves? You can what if anything to death, how about dealing with what we know is actually happening?
Since when Tenacious D cracked your account?
I didn't know that.
And we don't know that's it's essential yet, do we?
I just said how this stuff goes in most of free2play games nowdays.

Gotta add though, it'll be an epic burn if the Seasonal payouts are drastically reduced. That won't go over well, especially with all those fanboys that have so much faith in the goodwill and charitable nature of PD and Kaz and how they are in it for love and family and not to make a buck.:D

I didn't know that.

Your point?

As the song goes 'if you tolerate this...' - the point being if you accept this nonsense now, you only give a greater chance of it escalating.

That's why it has already escalated. Because of the free-to-play games for mobiles, tablets and web browsers on your favourite social networking site.

I didn't know that.

I just said how this stuff goes in most of free2play games nowdays.
Except GT isn't a free to play game. Last I checked you have to pay in order to play it.

Your point?
What you said, that's exactly my point.

"Gotta add though, it'll be an epic burn if the Seasonal payouts are drastically reduced. That won't go over well, especially with all those fanboys that have so much faith in the goodwill and charitable nature of PD and Kaz and how they are in it for love and family and not to make a buck."

Not sure if i follow.. you can buy In-game money with real money :confused: but wait you still can earn in-game money the old way by racing right?

cause if not then :(

This is exactly my main concern about this whole Fustercluck.
And it's a legitimate concern for sure, but it's pure speculation at this point. PD/Kaz set up the GT economy in GT5 and I think most of us expect it to be the same or very close. If payouts are reduced in Seasonals and/or anywhere else, I'll not be happy about that either. But no point in stressing over it until we know it's happened or not right?

It's like Toll Roads... You have the money, you pay, you get to go faster...

The rest of us will just have to continue grinding at snail pace...

There is no right or wrong... we'll all get there somehow...

The future looks to be that way... the great divide will become even greater... sadly...

now if there was a way to take money out of the equation... ummm ummm ?!?

Back