So what is your film of 2005??

  • Thread starter Thread starter 555
  • 113 comments
  • 4,252 views
I found Paradise Now to be the most interesting film of 2005.
 
I forgot about Ong-Bak, definately up for worst film of the year!
Kung-Fu Hustle & Flying daggers were much better

PS i always prefer realastic action to wires, but Ong-Bak for me just was so limp, dunno why.

Kiss Kiss Ban Bang = funniest film of the year.
 
I'd have to say Domino for me. Something about Keira Knightly looking the way she did in that movie and how she kicked ass and showed us her boobs lol.
 
Hitchhiker's Guide, with Charlie 2nd.
 
ND4SPD
I'd have to say Domino for me. Something about Keira Knightly looking the way she did in that movie and how she kicked ass and showed us her boobs lol.
She is a cutie. Did you see "The Jacket"? Another great film of '05, right there.
 
Sin City!

The best movie I've seen for the first time this year was Boondock Saints, even though it came out in 1999. American Beauty wasn't that great. 👎
 
Best action movie: batman begins(not for the action in particular, but it's just catergorized like that)

Best comedy: Kicking and screaming

Best drama: crash

Best foreign film: paradise now

Haven't seen jarhead, king kong, or charlie in the choclate factory so it might have been a different list.
 
I was disappointed in King Kong :ouch: It wasn't bad but it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Sin City gets my vote, but you can't forget Team America: "America.. **** Yeah!". I was excited about Jarhead but never got to see it.
 
Drama: Toss up between Batman, Kong, and Episode 3.

Comedy: EASILY The 40-year-old Virgin.
 
Saw KIng Kong today and i take back my nomination for war of the worlds and change it to King Kong, its amazing!
 
Famine
But my favourite film I first watched this year is easily Team America.

Famine is often wrong, but this time I agree with him. ;)

I also enjoyed The Jacket.
 
Another film I really, really liked. Infact I've just ordered the DVD on Amazon now I've remembered about it, was The Interpreter, I thought it had a good solid plot.
 
Famine
*prepares snake pit and tazer-array*
Dude, that was so much better than Team America.

Remember the crab-thingy that said "Yippee!" all the time?
 
I actually preferred that to Team America, I found Team America funny but it wasn't brilliant. I've seen it twice, and the second time didn't get me laughing much.
 
Vonie
Dude, that was so much better than Team America.

Remember the crab-thingy that said "Yippee!" all the time?

You are kidding?

Team America left me in pain - "I'm so ronery". Hitchhiker's was rape. It's the first time I've been glad Douglas Adams is dead, because to see that horrendous injustice would have killed him anyway.
 
I quite enjoyed Star Wars Episode III.
 
don't nobody call me a geek but it's harry potter and the goblet of fire, then war of the worlds, followed by the chronicles of narnia
 
Famine
You are kidding?

Team America left me in pain - "I'm so ronery". Hitchhiker's was rape. It's the first time I've been glad Douglas Adams is dead, because to see that horrendous injustice would have killed him anyway.
Team America was not a bad movie at all. Juts not my kind of humor. Also it was ruined by the fact that my dad wanted to see it.
 
Hitchhiker's was such a huge let-down. I'm glad I saw it free on the flight over to South Africa. It seemed rushed and lots of the humour was lost in its delivery.

Team America was brilliant. I would've been embarrassed by how much I was laughing if it wasn't for everyone else following suit.
 
Just saw "enemy at the gates" with Jude Law. This is one heck of a movie but not my 2005 film.
 
Just seen Epiosde III, it was entertaining, but the acting was (mostly) terrible. The award for the biggest piece of wood goes to Haiden Christensen. Absolutely horrid actor. But somehow even Natalie Portman was bad in this.

I stick with Unleashed. But i'd like to add Revolver. Being one of the few people who got/understood it, i thought it was blumin excellent.
 
scratch mine,
1st: harry potter and the goblet of fire
2nd: star wars episode 3
3rd: war of the worlds
 
kikie
Just saw "enemy at the gates" with Jude Law. This is one heck of a movie but not my 2005 film.
It's not a 2005 film point blank, it came out years ago. Good movie though.
 
Re-watched Crash yesterday, i think that has to be joint with Unleashed. completely different sorts of films. but both superb.
 
Ok, can someone please tell me the extreme appeal of Unleashed? It was cool, if somewhat disturbing. And Jet Li did his usual great fighting. But I didn't think it was anything close to exceptional.

So, can somebody let me know?:boggled:
 
ash6660
Crash....without a shadow of a doubt
wow I forgot about that one too, great movie, will be buying it soon.
 
Back