So.. Who's been back to Spa?

• Thread starter Growling
  • 82 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
TRL_Growling
This years GTA was my first taste of gran turismo. I spent hours on the final round thinking "how hard can these video games be?"

The answer is very.

Only since I've been playing regularly on the seasonal TT's I've realised what an amazing combo the GTR at Spa really was. I'm yet to take part in a seasonal combo I enjoy as much.

I bought a fresh bone stock GTR the other day and went back to spa in single player arcade mode for a few hours. It was bliss.

So who's been back since the academy and set another lap time? The results won't be the same because for some reason the combo is slower in arcade mode.

If you fancy a bit of fun, buy a bone stock GTR, and post your times in here. Online and offline if you like. Make sure it's completely untuned, not even an oil change.

My Gt academy time: 2:17.193

Offline time: 2:16.299

I'll try to improve every now and then and update my time if other people get involved :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey! I have started practising a bit in December as I got GT6 as a present. I have tried to lap around Spa after having watched the GT Academy rankings. I bought the GTR GT3 RJN and in free practice (not arcade) I have lapped 2:17. I don't know if there is any difference between arcade and other time trials.

The gt academy Gtr is different then the one you can buy on the game and they handle way different running laps at spa will be way off from what you were able to run durning the academy

If you fancy a bit of fun, buy a bone stock GTR, and post your times in here. Online and offline if you like. Make sure it's completely untuned, not even an oil change.

Offline time: 2:17.300

Should I buy the bone stock 07 GTR? And is the GT Academy time with the GTR GT3?

image.jpg
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13

This is what you need :cheers:

Last edited:
Welp...once I get my internet installed I'll update my brand new copy of GT6 so I can buy it. Moved into a foreclosure 6 months ago and am completely remodeling the entire house...internet wasn't a huge priority lol. Calling today!

This years GTA was my first taste of gran turismo. I spent hours on the final round thinking "how hard can these video games be?"

The answer is very.

Only since I've been playing regularly on the seasonal TT's I've realised what an amazing combo the GTR at Spa really was. I'm yet to take part in a seasonal combo I enjoy as much.

I bought a fresh bone stock GTR the other day and went back to spa in single player arcade mode for a few hours. It was bliss.

So who's been back since the academy and set another lap time? The results won't be the same because for some reason the combo is slower in arcade mode.

Offline time: 2:17.300

I'll try to improve every now and then and update my time if other people get involved :cheers:

This is actually part of my daily practice routine. I run this very combo for 1-2 hours each and every day and have been doing so since about a week after the Academy ended. I have many different combos that I run as practice sessions but this, along with the Nissan Fairlady Z at Silverstone, are among my favorites.

I played 30mn and my best time so far is 18.56 .
which track are you using ? the one with the wheather and the time changing or the other ? is there any difference

The gt academy Gtr is different then the one you can buy on the game and they handle way different running laps at spa will be way off from what you were able to run durning the academy

Hi all, am new on here, apologies if this has been asked loads of times before!

I am looking at entering GT Academy Europe this year, so like yourselves i have started putting some laps in around last years final circuit SPA.

I have never played GT before up untill about a month ago, i've always been an F1 game driver etc.

So i have started practicing, i am using a control pad. my question relates to the above quote. Is there much difference in handling performance between the stock GTR GT3 RJN that you can buy on the game, and what was used for GT Academy online finals last year.

My best time so far is a 2.16.2, that is running on Racing Hards as from what i have seen/read, they were the compound tyre used in last years final, just for the sake of it i ran the Racing Softs and did a 2.13.8.

I have produced these times in arcade/free run & online modes. I watched some of the videos posted by last years finalists, running 2.14's approx on racing hards, i would consider myself a decent driver, there is no way in hell i can improve my 2.16.2 down to a low 2.14!!! I have watched the way they take some of the corners in their vids, and it is just not possible to replicate that when i try it out.

dgaf95integra - you said they the car was alot different in the seasonal GT Academy event, is that definetly the case? How much lap time do you think aprrox is the difference, and i can see you have done well in the competition in the past, should i invest in a wheel?

Thanks in advance guys, and good luck!

2:16.2 is BLISTERINGLY fast for a player who is using a pad, and only has a months gt game time under his belt. It's so fast I'm slightly sceptical.. Then again, what you've described all sounds perfectly right!

If all your settings are good, consider yourself amoungst the fastest players. Go and put some laps into the online seasonal time trails and see how you rank :cheers:

2:16.2 is BLISTERINGLY fast for a player who is using a pad, and only has a months gt game time under his belt. It's so fast I'm slightly sceptical.. Then again, what you've described all sounds perfectly right!

If all your settings are good, consider yourself amoungst the fastest players. Go and put some laps into the online seasonal time trails and see how you rank :cheers:

Thanks Growling: I am running all the correct settings, no driver aids, manual gears. I will upload a screenshot on here if that's possible later on today.

I should imagine that time would put you among the fastest DS3 users in the world.

For comparison, the combo was leaked last year before the final round. A few people set times for practice. A player called @BanditKarter22 set a time of 2:16.3, with a wheel. He's one of the fastest gt players in the country, and was an academy race camp finalist in 2013

That's good to know. I only know this car on 4 different tracks so I need to start practicing in different cars to get better. I'm glad my times are decent though.

Back