So, who's got all 60 Golds in their licence tests yet?

• Thread starter Stevisiov
  • 1,745 comments
Only 3 to go, and of course IB-1 and fr cone are 2 of them. HARD to do with ds3 but I did it on gt2, gt3 and gt4. Gonna keep trying.

For I-B3 dont stay in 3rd gear for too long, make it a quick stab in 3rd and flick to 4th as you will maintain more stability :)

Yes , I know.
I haven't used it.. to pass the test.
When I was golding the licence tests with GH/BH drum pad (throttle at 100% all the time) , I caved in to try different approaches at the Carousel.
I could easily get close to gold time with wallriding , but wanted to do the test with handbrake - which took a few.. a couple hundred tries.

Link
So far I've golded the licence tests with 5 different controllers.
The 2 in link above , DFGT , G27 and Sixaxis.

MadMax

Dude I think you are officially my hero! 5times!?!? Your a crazy fin!!! Am I right in thinkin thats a Chevette in your profile pic? If so, I approve big time 👍 👍 👍

All 60 licenses in gold. Most of them were easy. The Superlicense was extremely easy. Got gold after gold at it and I felt it did not reflect the skill level required for the others.

The only one I had some trouble with was the IB-1. It is a great relief to learn many others had the same trouble. I was embarassed to not reaching gold standard in such a simple test.

Anyway, I am writing here just to give a little advice. If you are using the ds3 for this test, you must use the analog gas/brake because the buttom can only deliver 50% or 100% braking and that will only make you to skid or to overshoot the stopping area. When you are about to reach the fifth stripe, revert the gas to brake at a force of 80/85% and then reduce its force to around 55/60%. It is one strong braking at first and then a little less. Focus your vision at the braking indicator and control its intensity. Nothing else matters.

Yeah it's the first line after the blacked out X on the track :)

The example replay really helped me to get this one cracked!

All perfectly do-able with the DS3 though, and I wouldn't even call myself a brilliant racer on GT!!

Last edited:
I have had all gold for some time now. I actually found the full laps for the S License easier than a lot of the skill tests. I had the most trouble with the IB-3 FR cone slalom challenge.

7068662751_bcc9ffd24c.jpg

You have the same profile as me :sly:

A-Spec 40 | B-Spec 40
Game Progress 100% | Trophies 91% | x60 Golds

For I-B3 dont stay in 3rd gear for too long, make it a quick stab in 3rd and flick to 4th as you will maintain more stability :)

Thanks gonna try that. Finally got gold on IB-1 and IB-5 last night:tup:
That means ONLY IB-3 to go. Any tips will help, and yes I use ds3! No wheel so it can be done as many others have.

Just golded all license tests last summer because I'm new in this forum as well :)

I just need only 3 more races to get gold trophy, then platinum!!! (57 out of 59 - 91%)

Completed it last night. Pretty proud of my self, which is rare for me for a virtual accomplishment. First time though I ever actually went through all the license tests, older GT games I'd pass enough just to race, then at some point I'd download a save from the internet for the super license. Decided to actually go for it with GT5 after a while, and no real need to cheat anyway since licenses aren't mandatory any more.

And I agree with the other people that posted, the super license tests I actually found pretty easy, a bit overwhelming actually. But it was nice to not have to retry a test a thousand times again. :lol:

Attached a print screen PDF, only way I could print it, and figured it's better than a picture from my phone or something. If it should be a phone picture instead just let me know.

:cheers:

Attachments

• profile page.pdf
    133.1 KB · Views: 9
There is one somewhere, but I can't remember. Just do the test as per normal, but brake a tiny bit later than usual. Then as you are near the finish box (which you would overshoot if you went straight), just steer GENTLY into the side of the box to take off your last bit of momentum. Also not at too much of an angle. Easy gold. :)

There is one somewhere, but I can't remember. Just do the test as per normal, but brake a tiny bit later than usual. Then as you are near the finish box (which you would overshoot if you went straight), just steer GENTLY into the side of the box to take off your last bit of momentum. Also not at too much of an angle. Easy gold. :)

I finally nailed it! Thanks mate. 60 gold for me too.

Sign me up!:sly:

Got my last gold today, and guess what.... It wasnt that hard at all!!! But I dont have any proof, do you really need a pic?

kingspeedr34licensetests60goldtrophies.jpg

The toughest ones for me were B-6, A-8, IC-3, IB-1, IA-1, IA-2, and IA-7.

Achieved long before I even signed up here within the span of a week.

Last edited:
I can't manage to Gold the 2 slalom tests, is there some kind of trick to it. I find them very difficult with a controller...

Try switching your camera to 'roof-top view', that way it'd steady your view of the road, and give you a better sight of where the car's going ;)

It proves extremely effective to my FR Slalom Test, as I succeeded in what I couldn't do for days with only a few tries 👍

just found this thread...got the 60 gold already a long time ago...
improved some gold times a few days ago... it is cool how much better you become after months of playing...
ok...some licences I stopped right after i golded them..

anyhow... really fun do repeat the licences again after so many years.

guess i will do some this evening as well..

bye the way: is there a ranking of total time needed for all licences when you just sum them up???

I can't manage to Gold the 2 slalom tests, is there some kind of trick to it. I find them very difficult with a controller...

maybe try manual shifting and stay in a higher gear or so... not sure at the moment which license you mean...
another two ideas:
> practice, practice, practice!
> take a break..1 day or so... sometimes when you fail you do the fail again and again..like a rhythm... maybe next day you start from a "reset base".. understood?

just found this thread...got the 60 gold already a long time ago...
improved some gold times a few days ago... it is cool how much better you become after months of playing...
ok...some licences I stopped right after i golded them..

anyhow... really fun do repeat the licences again after so many years.

Totally agree - great progress check and I enjoy them too ... especially the S License tests, very fun to replay. Lately I'm doing them with ABS off for extra challenge (wish we could turn off SRF though!).

I still want more of them, 60 seemed too easy to me and only 4 even use race cars (3 rally, 1 tarmac). I miss having to do a blast through Mulsanne in a Bentley Speed 8... or the R92CP assessment of the Indianapolis sector... or even the full 'Ring lap in the Merc 190 DTM...

I need to get a photo of mine, I have 60 gold. Just got it a week or two ago, after ages of not golding one test.

Wanted to post my 60 gold picture as well but THIS ---> "Last edited by Stevisiov; Jul 07 2011 at 5:24 PM. " made me thinking: "No."

Latest Posts

Back