Sobering Thoughts About "The Definitive Racing Simulator"

• Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 211 comments
Some things i learned about this thread.
Your not allowed to voice your "decent opinions" even though, it says your "thoughts"
It gets very clear to when its having a decent opinion, but very obvious to when your just trolling, and being very successful at it, because everyone is getting worked up.
forza motorsports 3 is in no way a "arcade" game, You try driving any RWD car with all aids off and you will have a hard time, just like in any other driving simulators.
People need to stop riding the whole "steering aid" problem, It's really not that noticeable until people shove it in your face, Things like saying "You can jump into a Toyota GT1 and floor it and the steering aid will keep you straight",nonsense, you have not played the game,stop wasting everyone's time,you are just feeding off a problem trying to make the game look bad. If you say the physics on forza3 suck, You are blantantly trolling/lying,that's no opinion that is a fact,rightfully so. The physics engine and all the different calculations are brilliant.

The good.("things that matter") And the bad.

Now for my thoughts, i enjoy it, semi realistic break lock up in corners, realistic torque burst when you shift, Grip level is fair, but overly sticky on higher end sports tires,almost similar to racing tires, but still pretty ok,i appreciate it for it's great physics engine. Sound is good, AI is good, but some times take small corners to slow allowing you to fly right passed, Graphics are (Ok) passable in my eyes, But things just look a little to "Animated" it lacks the "photo realistic touch" that pass 360 games like PGR4 had(did it great), The graphics look good, but things like the lighting on the paint, and overly colorful in the environment leave a lot to be desired, it washes it out, and creates a animated look.interiors could use a bit more textures and polish(some just looked rush, while others look very nicely textured and modeled.
Car selection, this is the 2nd highlight, It's very good, a lot of different choices.

Overall, this game is very good, And deserved the praise it has received thus far and so on. Some things could have been done a lot better, but that still does not detract from the rock solid gameplay, and good physics engine.

Good post above. I agree with almost everything there except the grip issue. I just spent the weekend driving over 300 miles in a 2010 Porsche Boxster on twisty roads through mountains and then around some islands. The grip in that car is insane. I drove the 2010 Boxster S in FM3 last night and it doesn't feel like it has as much grip as it's real life counterpart.
Just because a car in a game is difficult to drive or feels like it's on ice doesn't mean the game has a better physics engine. That Boxster was an eye opener as to what is really possible in a car like that.
Either way, play what you like.

Back