Some classic dirty racing...I needed the replay to figure out what happened

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sloppy Shades
  • 8 comments
  • 1,118 views
Messages
574
United States
Daytona Beach
Messages
sloppysmusic
Just a lobby race from last year that I finally got around to editing. I took the good advice of not using cellphone of the TV and used the HQ replay source instead.

 
That lag tho :scared:
The 4C caused it but the french 86es move towards crashing you off again wasn't exactly fair either :crazy:
 
That lag tho :scared:
The 4C caused it but the french 86es move towards crashing you off again wasn't exactly fair either :crazy:

True indeed but I put that down to the red mist descending after a crash on the victims. I think he was more focused on getting back on track than caring who was just in his way..
The guys in front were rather vocal in telling me in chat after that I'd caused it. Just shows how easy it is to blame the guy right behind you.
 
Just a lobby race from last year that I finally got around to editing. I took the good advice of not using cellphone of the TV and used the HQ replay source instead.

Now I feel bad, I did something similar last night on Bathurst. People do weird stuff through the chase. The optimum line there brakes way later than the brake indicator (150 for GR4) and is actually very specific (fade left on the run out line up wide right heading through the turn, etc) so it's always people breaking their racing line to go around people who just follow the in-game brake indicator. They need to move that brake warning zone.
 
I watched it about 15 times and everytime I watch I can't help but notice at 2.18 car 3 bumps car 2, the speed difference takes car 4 by surprise and he ends up slamming car 3 back into car 2 who slams into car 1. No telemetry for any so I can't be sure.
 
Thz
I watched it about 15 times and everytime I watch I can't help but notice at 2.18 car 3 bumps car 2, the speed difference takes car 4 by surprise and he ends up slamming car 3 back into car 2 who slams into car 1. No telemetry for any so I can't be sure.

Hmm that's interesting.. Going to take another closer look myself. You reckon it was actually car 3 at fault? I just presumed 4 due to his blatant cheating on the chicane later.
 
Not saying car 4 didn't cheat over the chicane because he did, but I don't think the earlier incident was totally his fault. I just think he didn't really have enough time to react.
 
I had someone do something similar to me on Tsukuba. 2 laps to go in a 1 make race and the guy behind me gets a run coming out of second last turn, he was behind me for 4 laps and wasnt gaining, so I kind of blocked him, really more of a deal where I made my car wide, if he wanted to pass it was going to be on the outside of the last corner. He decides to just punt me into the sand in the last braking zone to get past, I was a little :irked::irked::irked:
 
I had someone do something similar to me on Tsukuba. 2 laps to go in a 1 make race and the guy behind me gets a run coming out of second last turn, he was behind me for 4 laps and wasnt gaining, so I kind of blocked him, really more of a deal where I made my car wide, if he wanted to pass it was going to be on the outside of the last corner. He decides to just punt me into the sand in the last braking zone to get past, I was a little :irked::irked::irked:

As long as you picked a line and stuck to it he shouldn't have got mad. Being in front you get to pick first. If you changed the line after seeing him try to pass that would be dirty and I'd be mad like him. Sounds like you just 'were not being friendly' rather than dirty!
Just a question, if he wasn't gaining for several laps before, why make it hard for him at all? I can understand if its final bend final lap but but penultimate? Either way he should not have got mad especially if he had a whole lap ahead to get past you.

I've got an interesting video coming up later tonight or tomorrow. Guy deliberately punts me several times approaching final turn at the Ring so he can get ghosted and drive THROUGH me! I still beat him at the line but seeing his car and ghost pass through my windscreen while driving was a freaky moment for sure!
 
Back