Some days are better than other..

  • Thread starter Thread starter eiriksmil
  • 33 comments
  • 2,092 views
Messages
2,235
Norway
Norway
I just thought it looked cool today.. :)

rolla1-1.jpg


rolla2-1.jpg



Have you ever just thought "my car looks good today"? It's a good feeling :)
 
Mobil 1 sticker?
 
Seems like all the days I think my car looks fantastic I always forget my camera...:dunce:
 
When you drive a car like mine most cars look fantastic...
 
My car had a bad hair day today. So it stayed home.
 
:lol: oh now c'mon,it can't be that bad can it ? :rolleyes:

Nah, you're right.
fiesta.jpg


At the moment it looks pretty much like that still, but with a little more rust, a sunroof surrounded by duct tape to stop it leaking, and imagine it with about 6 months or more of road grime on since that's the last time I washed it.

Actually, as with Eirik's sentiments in his OP, I thought my car looked pretty good when it had a heavy frost on it a while back, starting to melt off in the sun:

14012009287.jpg
 
For some reason, I love older, rusted cars... They appeal to me more that Ferrari's and Lambo's.
 
For some reason, I love older, rusted cars... They appeal to me more that Ferrari's and Lambo's.

That's because they're complete classics, in the extreme. I love them, too.
 
Oxidation. That beautiful patina that money cannot buy. :)
 
Yes it can.
You can have your hood look like this... professionally. :sly:

bmwrusthood.jpg
 
I didn't said it was awesome now, did I?...
readf.gif
 
Yes it can.
You can have your hood look like this... professionally. :sly:

But that's sort of not patina.
Rusted hoods were cool back in '06 when some guy with a Golf Mk3 did it.. Since then it's been a bad fad :)
 
Now I'm a fan of 'rat look' (modern example and classic hotrods) but too many cars are 'ratted' that just don't suite the style [In my oppinion] but the BMW pictured above I quite like.

[Sorry if the post didn't make sense, I've just this secon woke up and realized I'd left the laptop on all night (fell asleep)...]
 
The rusty hood is just too...I dunno, artsy maybe?...for my tastes. Or fake? I mean, if it's that rusty, it should have holes innnit.
 
To me it's fake yeah, it's made on purpose. I haven't made my rust on purpose, it sort of just gets more and more brown every time I look at it. A lot of the rust on my car can tell you stories.. See the rust stripe on the rear quarter, in front of the rear light? Paint cracked after a meeting with a snow bank full of ice. The rear arch, a hack paint job by me. All the rust on seems and doors? Previous owner leaving the car for a month between blasting and priming. See what I'm saying? :)
 
Very true. I do preffer cars that have rusted without intent, because it is more natural which to me gives it more character. Fake rust is OK if you want it more controled e.g. just for looks...
 
To me it's fake yeah, it's made on purpose. I haven't made my rust on purpose, it sort of just gets more and more brown every time I look at it. A lot of the rust on my car can tell you stories.. See the rust stripe on the rear quarter, in front of the rear light? Paint cracked after a meeting with a snow bank full of ice. The rear arch, a hack paint job by me. All the rust on seems and doors? Previous owner leaving the car for a month between blasting and priming. See what I'm saying? :)

well, damn. oughta get a photo of the "bad side" of my car...
 
Very true. I do preffer cars that have rusted without intent, because it is more natural which to me gives it more character. Fake rust is OK if you want it more controled e.g. just for looks...

The daily has almost no serious rust, some in the boot and some behind the rear left wheel. I dig that it's then covered in surface rust :)
 
Surface rust is the best!! When I finally get a Ford Capri 1.6 I am un-decided whether to get it sprayed matt-black (professionally) or to let it gather some surface rust.
I know I'll take the standard alloy wheels off (not really a fan) and put some nice, tasteful alloy wheels or even slightly banded steelies.
I'll probably go for the surface rust - I'd have to fix the bad rust first as they are notorious for rotting away...
Hopefully I'll have a Capri by the end of the year...

Any chance of some more pictures of the car? Maybe some 'artistic' shots?
 
That is niiice! The snow and frost add so much to the picture! Thanks for the extra photo.
 
liking rusty cars is bit like having a thing for 50+ women.. :odd:
 
In the sense of that you really like something when you know you shouldn't? Agree :)
 
yeah, pretty much.
 
liking rusty cars is bit like having a thing for 50+ women.. :odd:

What's wrong with that? [Only joking] LOL


It's odd, I just think they look better than most 'newer' cars...
 
Back