Some Hidden cars :)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by sorg, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Are the banners on the grand stands there? I haven't been able to get on for a while. I think it said something like "Cest A Le Mans" or something in French... I would like to know how much longer their deal with EA lasts until, as Kaz is starting to seem very energetic about adding them in...

2. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN (Banned)

Porsche banners on grandstands? haven't found them yet. But did find the giant Michelin hockey stick on the front stretch. When you come out of Indianapolis, onto that nearly 90 degree right-hander, you will see a white overhead sign. And on that sign, front and rear, it says "PORSCHE" In big black letters.
    I'll make a spinoff thread for it to not derail this one

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. Yes, and Gran Turismo sponsors the VLN Endurance Championship and these Porsches.

[​IMG]

Doesn't really mean anything, Porsches have been mentioned by name in GT of years. PD apparently have a good relationship with them but they aren't turning up until the mysterious deal between them and EA ends - which may never happen, no-one knows.

SVX likes this.
  4. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN (Banned)

Well, at least the appearance of their name/likeness both in-game and credits means That there is a very real possibility in the works. Also EA didn't sue PD for this so there

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I'm sure the deal they have with EA is for the license to use the cars. I'm sure Porsche is free to use their logos wherever they want. That there is a very real possibility that you are getting worked up over nothing.

SVX and eSZee like this.
  6. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

@ZDUPH

7. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN (Banned)

my mistake. *post edited*

8. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

The most epic thing that could ever happen in GT6 would be a driver wearing the Stig suit, driving the lunar rover around Nurburgring, while imitating Clarkson and May as if they were watching The Stig. :lol::tup:

9. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

I was fully surprised they had the Michelin timer on the end of the straight, however was saddened by the fact they don't actually use it

I have never seen the agreement however for how long these terms will last for. Unless I do some research, his assumption is just as good as anyone's here..

10. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN (Banned)

true

11. No-one has seen this agreement apart from EA and Porsche.

12. JoGuedez

JoGuedez

Ok, now that another patch is out, maybe there is some new cars hidden?

13. diegorborges

diegorborges

I was about to ask the same! @sorg can you enlighten us with some more glorious hidden info? :)

14. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

I know, That is the point. Everyone's guess is as good as the next

The Stig Farmer likes this.
  15. acascianelli

acascianelli

You need to try that hidden cars trick with the new 1.02 update.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  16. NeuroticVows

NeuroticVows

^ I am sure he is busy with that right now

The Stig Farmer likes this.
  17. chriz00

chriz00

Just bumping this thread up, hoping Sorg responds! Please tell us you've found something. :)

18. Thom Lee

Thom Lee

+1

I hope sorg have some info's about the X2014 cars

Sonygamer455 and fortbo like this.
  19. Raggi Boy

Raggi Boy

Quit smothering the guy, it's embarrassing, just leave him to it. I'm sure he has much better things he could be doing with his time.

weavty1, SVX, leeislee and 1 other person like this.
  20. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

Didn't Kaz imply that Porsche's contract with EA runs out sometime between 2014 and 2015?

21. amar212

amar212 Premium

No.

addds likes this.
  22. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

You're right. He said "eventually" and mentioned that he thinks that the contract is a little too long to put them into GT6. However, that does imply that there are Porsches rendered and ready to go. Also, if FM4 is any indication, Porsche seems eager to spread their wings and allow other games to use their products. In short, I don't think Porsche will be renewing their contract, even if EA was allowed. Although, I think that lawsuit only referred to their football licenses. Not sure if the courts gave them a blanket punishment of "No more exclusive contracts." I know Lamborghini and Ferrari left of their own accord because they either didn't like the EA treatment or figured in this day and age, it's stupid to keep your product in one spot. Especially considering Need For Speed is an arcade racer. Which gets your name out there, but doesn't do much else.

Speaking of EA, the Veneno has appeared in a couple EA games...let's hope GT6 gets it soon, too. Although, we're getting the Lambo VGT car which will probably look crazier than the Veneno.

Tenacious D likes this.
  23. eSZee

eSZee

Microsoft paid EA.

24. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

Yes, but it was probably more Porsche than MS that convinced EA to let them borrow the license. The whole thing was that Turn10 got permission from Porsche (as has PD, from the sounds of it), but EA wouldn't let them use it. So, through a lot of fighting and probably a lot of money, EA finally whored Porsche out. But, again, Porsche was willing to let another company other than EA put their products in a game. Porsche could've said no, and MS would have been out of luck. It IS and indication that, as I said, Porsche is more than ready to be off of EA's leash and roaming free amongst the simulators.

Tenacious D likes this.
  25. eSZee

eSZee

Why would you think that?
    EA paid Porsche a ton of money so that they could have a say in who can use the name and who can't.

26. Youngun

Youngun

Dont think porsche will ever renew now. Way to many games and companies that will pay to use them, compared to the one payment off EA for one game a year.

27. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

Because EA was notorious about not letting other companies use their licenses. And when FM4 was released, Turn10 mentioned that they had TRIED to convince EA to let them use Porsche, but EA refused and then mentioned about being in negotiations with Porsche. Porsche was the middle man in that entire deal. Without Porsche's support and help, I seriously doubt EA would have accepted any deal.

That, and the Porsche Pack in FM4 was well received, encouraging Porsche to look to other avenues besides EA. Also, Porsche is owned by VW, now, so that has probably also changed some things. VW doesn't seem to like exclusive licenses. (Their relationship with EA is probably why EA got the Veneno first, though.) But yeah, there have been recent developments with Porsche that suggest that they will soon be appearing in more games. We know they have a good relationship with Turn10 and Kaz has mentioned PD's relationship with Porsche. However, I actually don't expect Porsche in a GT game until GT7 on PS4.

Youngun likes this.
  28. jemster

jemster

I've chosen a red one

29. avens

avens

Just like Sony could do :p

30. eSZee

eSZee

I can only assume MS paid the asking price and Sony refused.
    When you get an exclusivity contract and want to make any money off it without devaluing the brand you paid for, you make the asking price high enough for only a select few to agree to.