Some hidden/reserved GT5 tickets

• Thread starter sorg
  • 1,729 comments
Wow. I know that it's kinda normal that GT games have all these unused features snd left overs but GT5 is special.

My guess is that it is just that - left overs.

Hi, this secret menu is very interesting. Is there any button combination to access it? I remember that there was in GT5P.

Hi, this secret menu is very interesting. Is there any button combination to access it? I remember that there was in GT5P.
Not that I know of.

Now i maybe now what is meant to be for. Correct me if i am wrong but is it meant to store demos?

You mean demos as in replays already on disc (like in GT4) or the demos for special events. The latter would be my guess.

Eks
You mean demos as in replays already on disc (like in GT4) or the demos for special events. The latter would be my guess.

I mean like when you go to a shop there is usually PS3 and you can play on it. So is it like meant to those PS3 to restrict your playing as you can take GT5 options with it?

It lists all premium cars and tracks in the game, then you have the opportunity to register what shows up in Arcade mode, so for example, you can have Ferrari vs Lamborghini and so on.

I see that hidden menu as some developer menu, perhaps used to demonstrate the game in certain places.

I think it probably won't have a code for it if that's what it's meant for.

EDIT: Democode---Mercedes benz world.

WTF?

Mercedes Benz World? Isn't that a big museum and race track and other things?

Maybe they had a demo or something in it.
Thinking.gif

Has anyone else tried the "High Quality replay" mode?

I don't know whether it's just a placeabo effect, but I took a standard car (1983 Mitsibushi Lancer @ 420pp) on to the 24hr Nurb track in arcade mode.

It felt like I was driving through treacle syrup while I was racing; the game was running much slower and the frame rate would drop to very low levels at times... but... with 16 cars on a wet track, I did not notice one single piece of screen tear, not one jaggied shodow, and the standard vehicles looked about as premium as I've ever seen. There was something about it, that all of the graphics looked extra smooth, clear and detailed.

I saved the replay (which filled up the memory bank in just 20 minutes) and will upload clips of it later on if I have the time, but I'd like to hear from someone else that's tried this high quality mode out.

I seem to remember that in an earlier version of GT (2 or 3) there was a hight Quality option available, but it only worked on the night tracks (Special Stage5 and 11, and variations)

I'm willing to bet that only certain tracks benefit from this option.

SVX
Mercedes Benz World? Isn't that a big museum and race track and other things?

Maybe they had a demo or something in it.

Yes, Merc World has a bunch of GT Pods or whatever they're called. It's set up with a race on Nordschleife in SLSs.

For those that want a complete list of hidden options and stuff:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25060602/Hidden Stuffs.html
Okey I managed to unlock the secret menu yesterday and it only seems to cover arcade mode. Judging by the amount of options listed in the link con360 posted. I think there are probly more secret menu's out there.;) Didn't sorg find the option to adjust/remove the credit limit via some menu?:confused:

I think there was a picture of it, but it has gone missing.:scared:

Has anyone else tried the "High Quality replay" mode?

I don't know whether it's just a placeabo effect, but I took a standard car (1983 Mitsibushi Lancer @ 420pp) on to the 24hr Nurb track in arcade mode.

It felt like I was driving through treacle syrup while I was racing; the game was running much slower and the frame rate would drop to very low levels at times... but... with 16 cars on a wet track, I did not notice one single piece of screen tear, not one jaggied shodow, and the standard vehicles looked about as premium as I've ever seen. There was something about it, that all of the graphics looked extra smooth, clear and detailed.

I saved the replay (which filled up the memory bank in just 20 minutes) and will upload clips of it later on if I have the time, but I'd like to hear from someone else that's tried this high quality mode out.

I've tried it and the shadows do seem a little better, but they're still jaggy in bright sunlight, as for the screen tearing it's gone but the penalty is a massive frame rate hit. The first corner of Nur 24 with a full grid drops to single digits. :yuck:

Just realized that you can change your online GT5 name and region with the special option menu. I think this will shake people heads and activates scammers brains.

Back