Some question about project cars

Netherlands
Netherlands
Xxn0skiiizxX
Hey

Sadly i sold my PS3 with Gran turmis 6 to be able to upgrade my crappy pc. I kinda mis GT6 because it has alot street cars.

This was my previous pc:
AMD X4 640
4GB DDR3 1600
WD Blue 10ezex
XFX R7770 Double Dissipation 1GB
Antec High Current Gamer 400W
Aerocool Xpredator X1

new PC:
intel i5 4440
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
WD Blue 10Ezex
Club 3D Royalking R9 290 4GB
Coolermaster GM G550M 550W
Coolermaster Storm trooper

sadly i had to sell my PS3. i didnt really care for the other games like Gta 5 etc. but GT6 is an exclusive whice sadly will never come out for the PC.

Now i am thinking to get Project Cars Because the graphics are so dam good. But the car list isnt that great. i mis alot of street cars.

is there any completed list of cars ?

Will there be more Street cars in Project cars? More japanese cars?
any Drift mode ?

I am using an Logitech Driving Force GT

Thx in advance

Vino

The car list thread has the list we know of so far... there isn't a fully released list that's official yet.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-car-list.305494/

Budgets are the stumbling block for getting new manufacturers on board. A tiny budget compared to the big boys, it's amazing they've got so many included already.

From your tone, you sound like you just want a better GT6. Project Cars is very different, it's a racer rather than a garage collector.

There's no dedicated drift mode because there is no dedicated drift car. However you can drift like you can in any car in real life, just setup your car oversteery and floor the accelerator :sly:

The car list thread has the list we know of so far... there isn't a fully released list that's official yet.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-car-list.305494/

Budgets are the stumbling block for getting new manufacturers on board. A tiny budget compared to the big boys, it's amazing they've got so many included already.

From your tone, you sound like you just want a better GT6. Project Cars is very different, it's a racer rather than a garage collector.

actually i dont want a better game than Gt6.

The graphics on PCars are so amazing. but there are only Race cars in the game and ofcourse i understand this is a race game. but wouldn't it be great to see street cars and japanese street cars ?

Like Toyota supra's
BMW m3's
Rx7
LFA
Bmw 135i
and so on ?

Yes, of course. But with the limited budget in place, the developers needed to use it carefully. They decided with this first iteration, they should focus on bringing a great racing experience to consoles and PC. That meant using the budget to work towards that goal.

Adding in a BMW 135i is not going to achieve that.

There's plenty of road cars to enjoy, and even more will be coming with DLC. Once development starts on PCars 2, there may well be a bigger budget to play with, to go after the big japanese manufacturers. I would love to race around in RX-7s, Lancers etc, but it's not the be all and end all. After years of pain with Gran Turismo, I want a racing game I can enjoy racing on, offline as well as online.

Sure, as soon as you have played out every single of the 70+ release cars, SMS will have released DLC contents for you to enjoy. I believe that 90'ies japanese street racers are not in the focus of licensing negotiations anytime soon.

Sure, as soon as you have played out every single of the 70+ release cars, SMS will have released DLC contents for you to enjoy. I believe that 90'ies japanese street racers are not in the focus of licensing negotiations anytime soon.

i agree that they first have to focus on a good game. but once the money is rolling in there might come updates with more cars ?

Yes there will be a constant flow of new contents for the next years.

i agree with using only 10 cars on Gt6. but i mean like driving with just streetcars on tracks etc.

i probably will buy Project cars in march. just wanted to know if there are gonna be some more regular street cars in game

probably will only buy the game when they release an official car list

btw will my pc run it fine on highest settings ?

I guess you will get PS4 like visuals and framerate with this config.

Darn, did i say that? To me it sounds like it would have been more reasonable for you to go the PS4 way. Especially with GT7 incoming...

Don't take this as gospel, but I don't think you're going to be able to run this on ultra at 60fps. Probably with tweaking around with the settings you should be able to run on 'high' at 60fps or close enough. Dependant on cars on track, weather etc

edit:
What blowfish said ^

I guess you will get PS4 like visuals and framerate with this config.

Darn, did i say that? To me it sounds like it would have been more reasonable for you to go the PS4 way. Especially with GT7 incoming...
if i would go for Gt7 it means i need to buy an PS4. for just the game Gt7

on pc i already have some games like BF4. i totally hate Console gaming. i would never have bought an PS3 if Gta 5 came out for the PC that time. it was hard to wait since i had exams comming and wanted to play gta 5 before my exams. so i bought the ps3 and if i already had it why not Gt6. but soon gta 5 comes for pc and that means i only need to buy an ps4 for just gt7

SMS (the developer) is also working on a fremiun online racing game 'world of speed' , this will have street cars rather than racing cars with some cosmetical tuning and stuff like that. There is still no release date and I guess it will be a little more arcadish but anyway it's free and only coming to PC.

I've already made my pre-order for PCars (PC).

Your PC should run the game on medium-high, at least for what I've seen from its system requirements.
Check this site and insert your PC info http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3413&game=Project CARS

if i would go for Gt7 it means i need to buy an PS4. for just the game Gt7

on pc i already have some games like BF4. i totally hate Console gaming. i would never have bought an PS3 if Gta 5 came out for the PC that time. it was hard to wait since i had exams comming and wanted to play gta 5 before my exams. so i bought the ps3 and if i already had it why not Gt6. but soon gta 5 comes for pc and that means i only need to buy an ps4 for just gt7
You'd need a new wheel compatible with the PS4 (if you want to play with a wheel...) of course this new wheel will also be compatible with PC but it's really up to you to invest all that for just a game... It happened to me with GT6 and PS3 (most of my games were on Xbox) but I decided to skip this console generation and go for a medium spec PC

i agree with using only 10 cars on Gt6. but i mean like driving with just streetcars on tracks etc.

i probably will buy Project cars in march. just wanted to know if there are gonna be some more regular street cars in game

probably will only buy the game when they release an official car list

The game is not all that different on the different settings, mainly in the details. Here's a video with 3 different settings so you can see the difference. You see that even on low it still looks great.

The game is not all that different on the different settings, mainly in the details. Here's a video with 3 different settings so you can see the difference. You see that even on low it still looks great.

Where high and ultra really come into their own is when you add rain and a sunset. ;)

I have the exact same question. As a car guy, I just don't want another competitive online racer, but a game were I can make the most out of my passion for cars without the pressure of being competitive or deal with other people. So far, this game is selling itself as graphically pretty and having realistic physics. But where is the thing real car enthusiast wish for in a game?

I guess it's a bit frustrating having to wait or search for that perfect car game. Either you have one thing or the other. So far, PCars with its terrible car list didn't manage to sell the product for me. Same thing with Assetto Corsa. Such a shame.

Hopefully they do well and manage to build up a great budget for a second game that really manages to kill Gran Turismo and Forza.

But where is the thing real car enthusiast wish for in a game?

You cannot speak for all "real car enthusiasts", and you didn't care to elaborate what the "thing" you are looking for is. Therefore this is a non question and you go on answering it to yourself. You don't want to buy AC or PCars - that is totally okay and duely noted. I guess we can move on now...

@xx...whatever: You will get this game because u like the graphics?! Maybe you should get the game because u like racing sims!
Gameplay first, that's always my kind of thinking.
Maybe I got you wrong.

I have the exact same question. As a car guy, I just don't want another competitive online racer, but a game were I can make the most out of my passion for cars without the pressure of being competitive or deal with other people. So far, this game is selling itself as graphically pretty and having realistic physics. But where is the thing real car enthusiast wish for in a game?

I guess it's a bit frustrating having to wait or search for that perfect car game. Either you have one thing or the other. So far, PCars with its terrible car list didn't manage to sell the product for me. Same thing with Assetto Corsa. Such a shame.

Hopefully they do well and manage to build up a great budget for a second game that really manages to kill Gran Turismo and Forza.
Project Cars and Assetto Corsa will probably never have the car list of GT or Forza.
GT or Forza will probably never have the level of physics detail that Project Cars has.
Project Cars will have better AI than Forza or GT ever will, in large part because it's a top priority and because of it's much smaller car list.
GT and Forza will probably always have better car customization than Project Cars, apart from the livery editor on pc of course.
Driving a car in GT or Forza will probably never be as immersive an experience as driving a car in Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.

There will probably never be one game to rule them all. Every game has it's strengths and weaknesses and it's target audience and makes comprimises to appeal to that audience. Sometimes you can find one game whose comprimises you are perfectly fine with and that can be your personal one game to rule them all, and sometimes those same comprimises are deal breakers.

Project Cars and Assetto Corsa will probably never have the car list of GT or Forza.
GT or Forza will probably never have the level of physics detail that Project Cars has.
Project Cars will have better AI than Forza or GT ever will, in large part because it's a top priority and because of it's much smaller car list.
GT and Forza will probably always have better car customization than Project Cars, apart from the livery editor on pc of course.
Driving a car in GT or Forza will probably never be as immersive an experience as driving a car in Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.

There will probably never be one game to rule them all. Every game has it's strengths and weaknesses and it's target audience and makes comprimises to appeal to that audience. Sometimes you can find one game whose comprimises you are perfectly fine with and that can be your personal one game to rule them all, and sometimes those same comprimises are deal breakers.

Agreed. After all, this is not a "one-size-fits-all" market... We see Codemasters' GRID - they do well "theatrically", but their physics is lacking...

Gran Turismo and Forza are similar where this is the love of cars and "collecting" them. You can even customize them in detail as well. Project CARS, on the other hand - they hand-pick cars, they don't allow you to add engine upgrades or customize liveries (unless you have a PC) - all they focus on is the REAL racing experience. Whereas Gran Turismo and Forza does this "grinding" effect, Project CARS is a game where instead of owning cars, you focus on the racing life...in a unique way that neither GT nor Forza can do. This is quite a different racing game experience - you'll see why the career mode isn't the career mode you'll see on GT of Forza (although you could start from the bottom and work your way to the top, which I'm planning I'll try to do).

Q. Real time weather. What I mean is I have watched vid clips were you can set a date for a race on Project Cars and it takes the weather from that date you have selected and implements it for the race all well and good, But what about here and now if I wanted to do a 6h race today but wanted the actual weather for today at a particular circuit is this achievable.

Q.2 Pitlane and Pitstops. Is this manual or automatic do you have a choice. Thanks.

Back