Something you've done in GT that you think no one else has or are extraordinary

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 77 comments
  • 7,368 views
Messages
1,210
Australia
Sydney
Let me go first, to my all time ultimate troll car.

A long time ago before any of the GT5 save file hacks came out, I had an Vettel X1 that I used for B spec grinding. It had MANY MANY MANY hundreds millions of "clicks" on the odometre. I mean months worth of 24x7 B spec grinding.

As result the HP had reduced to something silly like 600HP. With the power limiter, I could also manage to get the PP to something ridiculously low. I would join PP or HP restricted races that nobody could ever dream an X1 could qualify and terrorise everybody.

Back then most people used voice chat. I can still hear their screams of confusion and terror.

I never saw any else do that.

EDIT: Yes I know bad gramma on the title.
 
Last edited:
:lol:

In times of anger, I used to take any car to an oval track and do carnage there... :D
 
1586yw1.jpg
 
I was driving at the Nürburgring with my FFX and I hit a curb, spun out and stayed on the throttle and I hit another curb while going backwards and did a backflip. I'll post a gif later :lol:
 
Oh, I drive underpowered cars in career races, just so I have a bigger challenge! And I did the X2014 Junior Championship on Racing Hards not Softs for the same reason. :D
 
If it's the AI that's poor, then that result must be easy to reproduce, right?
I think I'll give it a go in my Honda S2000. But the Insight is a hybrid car from the 90's. Realistically, how is a Insight beating modern day GT3 cars and even the Dodge Viper from Le Mans (I think)? It shouldn't have happened no matter how well tuned the Insight was.
 
My highest mileage car and car with most wins is a Switzerland spec Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 replica. I don't see many of those around :D

I think I'll give it a go in my Honda S2000. But the Insight is a hybrid car from the 90's. Realistically, how is a Insight beating modern day GT3 cars and even the Dodge Viper from Le Mans (I think)? It shouldn't have happened no matter how well tuned the Insight was.

Realistically it shouldn't happen, but it's not a realistic race. Time is speeded up by 60x normal speed and tyre wear and fuel consumption is speeded up by God knows what. At the same time, the track remains the same length, which means that one lap is equal to 60 laps in the real 24 hours race. It also means that the pit crew is 60 times slower than they normally would be. If a pit stop takes 60 seconds, it's similar to spending an hour in the pit in the real 24 hours race. If you skip the pits altogether, there's a lot of time to be saved.

Also, these races have weather change. But you can only change tyres once per lap, which - if we account for the speeded up time - would be similar to only being able to change tyres once every 60th lap. Tough luck if it starts pouring down on lap 20. That should be the same for all cars, but bear in mind that you have the option of starting on sports tyres, which are not only suitable for both dry and wet conditions, but they also last longer than racing tyres.

So while that picture shows that something is wrong in these races, it doesn't mean that it's the AI that is wrong. It shows that one should not simply speed up the time, because unexpected results may happen.
 
Last edited:
I think I'll give it a go in my Honda S2000. But the Insight is a hybrid car from the 90's. Realistically, how is a Insight beating modern day GT3 cars and even the Dodge Viper from Le Mans (I think)? It shouldn't have happened no matter how well tuned the Insight was.

Notice the race it is... it's an endurance race. Probably didn't even have to stop once.
 
Notice the race it is... it's an endurance race. Probably didn't even have to stop once.
I suppose the Honda Insight has great fuel economy for sure, but also good tyre management because it has only 1 gear therefore can't do wheelspin. Not only an hybrid, but also its a light car.
There's nothing like light cars for endurance races. You guys can try using the rocket with stock PP, and dont use Racing soft, just the stock tyres, they last forever and still have great grip. You'll beat easily cars with quite a lot more PP.
 
Cut the chicane on the Nurburgring GP course in an Amemiya RX-7 (The blue one, not the yellow Asparadrink) during the GT300 Championship. That might sound pretty average, but I clipped an AI and ended up doing over 9,000 flips and barrel rolls. I kept saying "Stop rolling. Stop rolling. Stop rolling. Stop rolling."
 
Let me go first, to my all time ultimate troll car.

A long time ago before any of the GT5 save file hacks came out, I had an Vettel X1 that I used for B spec grinding. It had MANY MANY MANY hundreds millions of "clicks" on the odometre. I mean months worth of 24x7 B spec grinding.

As result the HP had reduced to something silly like 600HP. With the power limiter, I could also manage to get the PP to something ridiculously low. I would join PP or HP restricted races that nobody could ever dream an X1 could qualify and terrorise everybody.

Back then most people used voice chat. I can still hear their screams of confusion and terror.

I never saw any else do that.

EDIT: Yes I know bad gramma on the title.

Hmm. If it were my lobby you would have switched to a different car or been booted. I would never allow an X1 in any race where everyone was not driving it.

If I am not mistaken the Hp only drops to a certain point and that happens around 35-50k miles after that it just stays the same or at least it did in GT4. I had a few cars with high mileage and dirty oil in them that I used for A-Spec racing
 
Holy ****!! Please upload the replay dude i totally want to see that



I did, at the time, record the last stretch of the run. It's nice that I wasn't accused of hacking or cheating (Asside from some blocking at the end). I do have the entire replay file saved, but I'm not sure if GTP would like a 76MB file uploaded as a post attachment.
 
You can't exceed 7.8 MB. Sorry. ;_;
 
Nürburgring+mclaren mp4+1year old crawling around =bad driving.My son grabbed the controller and I turned sharp into a curb,flipped up on two wheels and SOMEHOW I managed to keep it going for about 3-4 seconds until it flipped 4 times lol...Still won by +23 seconds though :(
 
Back