Something you've done in GT that you think no one else has or are extraordinary

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 77 comments
  • 7,368 views
Something that no one else may have done? Well in GT5 I ran one of the classic seasonal races in a bone stock Subaru 360 and actually finished the race, dead last of course but it did pay me 197k credits for the huge pp difference ;)
 
Fliping a Subaru Impreza in Trial Mountain, while fighting against the Nissan GTR, and still win by 18 secs of gap...

And drive the controversial Stratos. :sly:
 
Rolled a hyper-tuned Subaru Impreza '07 at the Nordschleife near the end of the lap no fewer than 4 TIMES.

Also spun a Sauber Mercedes C9 on the final corner before the long straight on the Nordschleife and STILL managed to beat Stefan Bellof's world record time of 6:11.2 by three one-hundreths of a second.

EDIT: Oh, and I managed to get a TIE between myself and another Red Bull while racing X2101s at Daytona in GT5.
 
Everyone knows the 10 lap Silverstone race is hard, right?

29bjbs8.jpg


Right..?

P.S. First to beat that event with a 162hp car.
 

You can make 5 seconds per lap by cutting Becketts on straight line from Maggots to Chapel :p
The 3 seconds penalty doesn't even count, as your car is travelling at very high speed when you re-join the track and pick up the throttle again on the Hanger Straight.
Simples! :D

EDIT: And by the way... I'm not saying that's the way Welsh-Fury has done it! So lets not start a war :lol:
 
Let's just point this out: The '99 Honda Insight is not a bad car. Just did a test on Nürburgring 24H layout and my laptime was 9:06.426. Didn't cut any corners or anything. The thing is that when you perform weight reduction, it drops to about 700 kg, which gives excellent cornering and braking. And as the body is streamlined it tops out at about 250 km/h (which is the same as that 230 BHP Porsche replica in my avatar picture), even with its 995 cc 160-ish BHP engine. Fuel consumption is way better than GT3 cars and I strongly suspect that the tyres also last a lot longer with that lightweight body and low-powered engine.
 
GT5: I won a Nurb 24h race at midnight, full rain and no map with the X1. :D
 
I won the ib Historic Racing Car Cup (750PP limit) with a Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th (mine is 601PP), and in Race 3(silverstone) managed to pass the finish line before the Toyota 7 caught up by 0.009 sec and got the trophy. :D
 
Let's just point this out: The '99 Honda Insight is not a bad car. Just did a test on Nürburgring 24H layout and my laptime was 9:06.426. Didn't cut any corners or anything. The thing is that when you perform weight reduction, it drops to about 700 kg, which gives excellent cornering and braking. And as the body is streamlined it tops out at about 250 km/h (which is the same as that 230 BHP Porsche replica in my avatar picture), even with its 995 cc 160-ish BHP engine. Fuel consumption is way better than GT3 cars and I strongly suspect that the tyres also last a lot longer with that lightweight body and low-powered engine.

kudos.jpg
 
With SRF, Racing Soft tyres and no corner cutting:

DSC04368[1].jpg


When it comes to straights, the Insight doesn't stand a chance against the GT cars, but whenever there are heavy braking zones and corners it gains several seconds. I'm not sure if the competitors did one or two pit stops, but if they only did one stop they ran at least one lap on the wrong tyres (slicks instead of wet tyres, or vice versa).

There was some rubberbanding going on, if I had been last all the way the complete time for the winner would have been just above 30 minutes, but as I overtook them about halfway through the last lap they did speed up.

I did have one pretty big run-off, that cost me about ten seconds.

Overall I have to say that it was a really fun race, as I had to push it right to the edge and every time I caught up with another car it felt like a small victory.

Edit: After watching the replay I can inform you that the GT-R Touring Car that finished 2nd ran the entire race on Intermediate tyres and that he went into the pits after the 2nd lap to refuel up to 100% and change to a new set of Intermediates.
 
Last edited:
Well... I've refused sex just to keep driving....

Not so much heroic, but it's something haha

:gtpflag: :dunce: :D
 
In the Ascari Track I was running a 15-min race and I was behind the lead car. On the last turn before the finish line I overshot the turn, slid across the field and back onto the track in first place and rolled right over the finish line with the next car less then a second behind me.
 
I've only had the game for just under two months & I've done well over 1,000 miles on The Ring 24 Hour circuit already. I don't play Career Mode much either, so it's all from Free Running for the sheer pleasure of it, & 600 odd miles was from my KTM X-Bow Street alone.


:D
 
Buying and keeping 15 LFAs in GT5 for no reason other than because I can.
 
Last edited:
In GT5 I had quite a few Camaro SS '10's, two racers and two roadies, One of each were blown.

I built a 200mph 4 speed Toyota Soccer mom van and my proud creation Blue Bolt.

It was basically a heavily tuned Z06 with the stock 6 speed and the blue chip off the ZR1. It took down Aventadors at the ring and pipped a veryon by one thousandth of a second at SSRX. :O
 
Winning Historic Racing Car Cup in a maxed Ferrari Daytona. Silverstone was really tough against the 2J!
 
Back