Something you've done in GT that you think no one else has or are extraordinary

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 77 comments
  • 7,368 views
I held a drift for a solid minute in my AE86 in GT5. I'm gonna try again in 6 for sure! Shame I'm still a crap driver though XD
 
Ok I fixed it :cheers: :)
 
One time, just recently with GT6 I finished a race tied for first place, down to the last thousands of a second digit. I was annoyed that I was only awarded second place, nor did it count for the achievement for finishing very closely (a tenth of a second or something like that) over the leader. By the time I thought to grab my camera the screen had already gone away, sadly. I think that screen should stay there until the player hits a button! Anyway, don't know if that's ever happened to anyone else, but I think this is the first time it ever happened to me in all the years I've been playing since GT2.
 
Flipped at hairpin on Nurburgring GP/D at 35mph ... in a Civic. How I will never know.View attachment 104969
Yeah, I've noticed that your car rolls over pretty easily on GT6. It happens to me almost every time I race on R246 because of the steep curbs.
I sure hope Poly fixes this!
 
I was ready for an online race.When the race start countdown appeared, my car was facing left to a fence.When race started i had to reverse to get in the track.:sick:
 
Yeah, I've noticed that your car rolls over pretty easily on GT6. It happens to me almost every time I race on R246 because of the steep curbs.
I sure hope Poly fixes this!

Or maybe the ease of rolling over is actually realistic...

I don't find myself rolling over unless I have Racing Hards on and hitting a tall curb, something that isn't uncommon in motorsports. I would assume the tires on the Civic in the picture are softer then what comes with the car.
 
I made a lobby with Nurburgring Nord as the race track, set the the time to 21:30, time change to 1, weather change to 100% but 0 on wetness. And titled it "NIGHTMARE RACE" AUTO UNION ONLY. I waited for 2 hours to have people to play with. Lapping while waiting. Few players joined but leaved immediately when they saw what the race will be. Is there something wrong with my lobby? :boggled:
 
Drifting a whole lap of Daytona (Oval) with my Nissan Xanavi Z. Sadly I forgot to save the replay :(.
 
:lol:

In times of anger, I used to take any car to an oval track and do carnage there... :D
:lol: I did that last night with my Enzo Ferrari—kept targeting the Veyron in front lol.
 
I felt like a god the first time I drove a full lap around the Nordschlieffe without putting a wheel on the grass or spinning.
 
Hmm. If it were my lobby you would have switched to a different car or been booted. I would never allow an X1 in any race where everyone was not driving it.

If I am not mistaken the Hp only drops to a certain point and that happens around 35-50k miles after that it just stays the same or at least it did in GT4. I had a few cars with high mileage and dirty oil in them that I used for A-Spec racing


Ur missing the point. It was for shock effect, and if you want to get technical in HP or PP limited races that did not state no X1 I technically did qualify, unless the rules were changed because of me.

Well I don't know about GT4 but in GT5 the HP didn't stop dropping after 30-35k miles. Well at least not for the X1 I had.

Yeah, I've noticed that your car rolls over pretty easily on GT6. It happens to me almost every time I race on R246 because of the steep curbs.
I sure hope Poly fixes this!

You guys think those cars are easy to flip? hahahah. For the ultimate lolz get a Susuku GSX-R, fit racing soft tyres and turn on SFR. EVERY corner is an instant flip. I mean EVERY. Even on perfectly flat roads. No bumps needed.
 
Last edited:
I got 2nd place in the Like The Wind race in an 88 Honda Accord, and again in a 83 Honda City turbo.
 
Hotlapping every car (minus duplicates, and there are LOTS!) around the Nurburgring and TGTT (Still not finished doing this with GT5 but I will and then move on to GT6 possibly in late 2014.
 
Huayra









I took more than 80 shots (x2 resolution - 1h30m) to be able to do this single view.
9 horizontal panoramas, 1 vertical panorama, lots of retouches due to camera distortion and 8+ hours of editing. :) Still not perfect though.






1 of 80+ (x2 res)



...




Gallery​
 
Or maybe the ease of rolling over is actually realistic...

I don't find myself rolling over unless I have Racing Hards on and hitting a tall curb, something that isn't uncommon in motorsports. I would assume the tires on the Civic in the picture are softer then what comes with the car.
It is definitely fake. All the times I have flipped my car at ridiculously slow speeds is so frustrating...
 
My highest mileage car and car with most wins is a Switzerland spec Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 replica. I don't see many of those around :D



Realistically it shouldn't happen, but it's not a realistic race. Time is speeded up by 60x normal speed and tyre wear and fuel consumption is speeded up by God knows what. At the same time, the track remains the same length, which means that one lap is equal to 60 laps in the real 24 hours race. It also means that the pit crew is 60 times slower than they normally would be. If a pit stop takes 60 seconds, it's similar to spending an hour in the pit in the real 24 hours race. If you skip the pits altogether, there's a lot of time to be saved.

Also, these races have weather change. But you can only change tyres once per lap, which - if we account for the speeded up time - would be similar to only being able to change tyres once every 60th lap. Tough luck if it starts pouring down on lap 20. That should be the same for all cars, but bear in mind that you have the option of starting on sports tyres, which are not only suitable for both dry and wet conditions, but they also last longer than racing tyres.

So while that picture shows that something is wrong in these races, it doesn't mean that it's the AI that is wrong. It shows that one should not simply speed up the time, because unexpected results may happen.
Granted tyre wear is sped up in the game, surely the sheer speed the AI cars have should overpower the Insight? It shows that the AI are horribly slow, because if humans were put into the AI's position then the Insight should come dead last if there aren't any crashes. Try it in an online lobby and tell me when you win against GT3 cars with a hybrid car.
 
I tried replicating the One Lap Magic races from GT4. This happened in GT5 though... anyway. My friend was driving a BMW M5 '08 stock and I was in a BMW LMR Race Car, also stock but with RS. The track: Nurburgring 24h in the dark. After the race started, I painstakingly waited for approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds before setting off in cockpit view and no instruments. It was nerve wrecking to say the least... All was going fine, but then I made a mistake and crashed on the mini-carousel before the straight. I recover quickly, but feeling a little hopeless, and then... I see the M5's tail lights in the distance as I enter the straight. My car screaming at over 350 kph in hopes of catching up. I manage to overtake my friend after the final corner and win by approximately 1 second. And thank god I saved the replay :D
 
I've managed to get a midget do forward rolls. It keeps me entertained quite a lot.




Managed to roll a old fiat 500 at 16 mph which was quite amusing.
 
Granted tyre wear is sped up in the game, surely the sheer speed the AI cars have should overpower the Insight? It shows that the AI are horribly slow, because if humans were put into the AI's position then the Insight should come dead last if there aren't any crashes. Try it in an online lobby and tell me when you win against GT3 cars with a hybrid car.

Let's make a test then. If it's the AI that's causing the Insight to win, then the same result should be possible to reproduce in a race where there's no pit stops.

If it's the time compression that's causing it to win, then it should not be possible to reproduce the same result in a race where there's no pit stops.

So let's have a race against the AI where there's no pit stops and see what happens.
 
Buying a Veyron in Blue/Black... realizing within seconds, I was the wrong colour :(
Selling it for well under 3/4 of the price I bought it and then buying another one in Cream/Black :lol:
 
One thing to note with my Insight is that I didn't have to pit through the entirety of the run. The AI tend to pit after the first and second lap because of the speed the track goes from dry to 100% wet and back again. By the time they reach the pits, the wet condition on the track ques them to pit, switching to Intermediates for the ~80% track wetness. Their pit stop takes just over 20 seconds to complete (Entering and exiting) so that allows me to make up A LOT of time.

By the time I reach Mutkurve, the rain has stopped and the track is quickly drying. If the AI is fast enough by the time they reach the pits, they will skip their pit and keep racing with their Intermediates on because the track isn't dry enough for slicks. Now stuck on the Intermediates, they have to race on poor gripping tires allowing me to beat them in and through any corner, even on Racing Hards with my Insight.

The rest of the run was consistency and making sure I don't needlessly heat up my front tires.


Now, the Honda Insight itself. Unlike any other street hybrid, this car is built like any other gas powered vehicle. It has a 5-Speed transmission instead of a single gear. The power curve is unlike any other car, giving it an awesome amount of torque at low rpm's while having a consistent rising horse power at higher rpm's to allow getting to high speeds before shifting. Fully lightened it weighs only 714kg making it superb at braking and cornering. It only has 162HP, but is still capable of quickly achieving speeds of over 150 mph.

Just because it's a HYBRID, doesn't make it a bad car. Something that seems to be the norm here.

In final, I took advantage of the AI needing to pit and its tires they had to race on to get my victory not because they were "Bad".

I've managed to get a midget do forward rolls. It keeps me entertained quite a lot.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I never saw anyone else do this before.

f4lcfq.jpg


Wheelies, in reverse.
 
Last edited:
If I had a USB and a laptop I'd upload my Honda city turbo doing that. Oh and it does donuts on its front tires while in a wheelie.
 
Back