Sony Bravia Master Ad Hints at RUF’s Possible Gran Turismo Return

what if that was RUF from new material from GT7 ??
Edit : It's not a "7", thanks @Famine. So it's obviously real pics of the car but not for GTSport. Maybe it's a list of functionality for the development of GT7? I can almost read the word "Arnold" which makes sense given that he's working on Maya: "Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects."
https://www.arnoldrenderer.com/home/

1.png

Last edited:
I can't tell if it's a "7" or a japanese character.
It's a katakana "A" - ア. In fact the next few characters are katakana and say "atoribyuto" - or "attribute". So "GT Attribute", then "wo" (or "o") which is a grammatical link word I think best described as "of", then kanji I can't make out and probably couldn't read anyway.

I can't tell if it's a "7" or a japanese character. So it's obviously real pics of the car but not for GTSport. Maybe it's a list of functionality for the development of GT7? I can almost read the word "Arnold" which makes sense given that he's working on Maya: "Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects."

View attachment 838821

When people dug through the code in GT Sport a while back they saw a lot of data and file systems labeled as “GT7”, likely due to early work on the game starting before the games title was decided, and defaulted to “GT7”.

That said, we don’t know when this was taken - if it’s old or new, etc. Current file systems read “GTSP”, so if it is newer footage, “GT7” file tags could be reliable indicators for where this content is meant to go.

Last edited:
When people dug through the code in GT Sport a while back they saw a lot of data and file systems labeled as “GT7”, likely due to early work on the game starting before the games title was decided, and defaulted to “GT7”.

That said, we don’t know when this was taken - if it’s old or new, etc. Current file systems read “GTSP”, so if it is newer footage, “GT7” file tags could be reliable indicators for where this content is meant to go.
I admit my hype deflated a lil when you said early files were titled GT7 because the name was still in flux back then..
Atleast.. we know with certainty they are making a new game for next gen and their not going to re-release Sport with a slight upgrade.

Atleast.. we know with certainty they are making a new game for next gen and their not going to re-release Sport with a slight upgrade.

What’s wrong with that? I would love a PS5 re-release of GT Sport. Especially if it had cross-console online play support with the PS4.

There’s no way PD can get a full fledged GT game out on time for PS5 launch, not in my opinion. GT Sport on the PS5 is the best option in that scenario.

What’s wrong with that? I would love a PS5 re-release of GT Sport. Especially if it had cross-console online play support with the PS4.

There’s no way PD can get a full fledged GT game out on time for PS5 launch, not in my opinion. GT Sport on the PS5 is the best option in that scenario.
We will already be able to have PS5 and PS4 crossplay, Sony already said that.
But... its like comparing The Last Of Us Remastered vs The Last Of Us 2, have you seen the graphical difference?

Can you imagine GT Sport being a 3-year old game already once the PS5 comes out next year? And besides, aside from graphics, what's the main difference if you can play the game there thru backward compatibility while it is still essentially a PS4 game?

I don’t see how. If they have the engine and assets (cars/tracks) already prepared I don’t see what would hold them back, aside from maybe special partnerships for special events like in GT5. Designing event structures for a campaign mode doesn’t take a lot of time. It’s not like adding a few league events every month has been putting the whole design team on full time.

Can you imagine GT Sport being a 3-year old game already once the PS5 comes out next year? And besides, aside from graphics, what's the main difference if you can play the game there thru backward compatibility while it is still essentially a PS4 game?

Well, assuming the PS5 version is a re-release with new features, basically like how GTAV next gen had first-person mode among other extras. Imagine if PS5 GT Sport had full VR capability? ****, I would buy it for that reason alone.

Well, assuming the PS5 version is a re-release with new features, basically like how GTAV next gen had first-person mode among other extras. Imagine if PS5 GT Sport had full VR capability? ****, I would buy it for that reason alone.
What? I could imagine that for a different multi-platform game developed by somebody else like GTA V but for a first-party game like GT Sport? Lmao dream on. :lol:

I mean if this was the case way back before, then there should have been also a GT6 for the PS4 right now but instead, PD only released the game for the outgoing PS3 that time, which made a lot people disappointed.

Now, you're expecting that PD will re-release GT Sport once the PS5 comes out, which seems very unlikely, especially considering what I have stated above.

And it wouldn't matter anymore since by that time, the game is a bit dated already, unless a very fresh feature would keep it alive amongst players.

What? I could imagine that for a different multi-platform game developed by somebody else like GTA V but for a first-party game like GT Sport? Lmao dream on. :lol:

I mean if this was the case way back before, then there should have been also a GT6 for the PS4 right now but instead, PD only released the game for the outgoing PS3 that time, which made a lot people disappointed.

Now, you're expecting that PD will re-release GT Sport once the PS5 comes out, which seems very unlikely, especially considering what I have stated above.

And it wouldn't matter anymore since by that time, the game is a bit dated already, unless a very fresh feature would keep it alive amongst players.

Don’t you think people would buy it? Because I do, potentially millions of copies, even.

If GT7 doesn’t happen at launch, PS5 GTS2.0 seems like an obvious financial decision. Call it a cash grab if you want, I’d still buy it

Don’t you think people would buy it? Because I do, potentially millions of copies, even.

If GT7 doesn’t happen at launch, PS5 GTS2.0 seems like an obvious financial decision. Call it a cash grab if you want, I’d still buy it
Well, I'm just being realistic about it. But seriously, I doubt PD would do that.

I'd just rather sit and wait until GT7 comes out.

I can't tell if it's a "7" or a japanese character. So it's obviously real pics of the car but not for GTSport. Maybe it's a list of functionality for the development of GT7? I can almost read the word "Arnold" which makes sense given that he's working on Maya: "Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects."

View attachment 838821

Am I seeing things or does one of those read "Mental Ray"? Haven't seen that since my last venture with 3ds MAX.

It doesn't matter if people would buy it or not. Polyphony Digital realistically wouldn't do it anyway if the past tells us anything. They could've easily re-released Gran Turismo 4 at launch with some new cars, a higher grid count, and new courses. However, that didn't happen. They could've released GT6 for the PS4 at launch along with the PS3, but that didn't happen.

I wouldn't mind if GTSport was re-released for the PS5 with maybe just performance enhancements, as long as I get to play my PS4 copy on the PS5 as is. However, I just don't see that happening, unless PD randomly decided to change their business practices without us knowing.

It doesn't matter if people would buy it or not. Polyphony Digital realistically wouldn't do it anyway if the past tells us anything. They could've easily re-released Gran Turismo 4 at launch with some new cars, a higher grid count, and new courses. However, that didn't happen. They could've released GT6 for the PS4 at launch along with the PS3, but that didn't happen.

I wouldn't mind if GTSport was re-released for the PS5 with maybe just performance enhancements, as long as I get to play my PS4 copy on the PS5 as is. However, I just don't see that happening, unless PD randomly decided to change their business practices without us knowing.
My point exactly.

Needless to say, PD is known to make a lot of decisions like these, which disappoints a lot of people.

My point exactly.

Needless to say, PD is known to make a lot of decisions like these, which disappoints a lot of people.
Let's see:

They could've easily re-released Gran Turismo 4 at launch with some new cars, a higher grid count, and new courses. However, that didn't happen.

It is originally what PD was intended for PS3 back then. However it was scrapped. One of major reasons due to disagreements with licensing terms of some places the fictional tracks took place. Back then the term remastered wasn't as known and as attractive as nowadays, so would be rendered as a disappointment by both customers and Sony, renders it pointless, and later scrapped.

They could've released GT6 for the PS4 at launch along with the PS3, but that didn't happen.
Remember when GTSport teaser was first released and all we talked about was trees and the grass at the Nurburgring (which turns out to be not finished and later fixed on the Beta)?

Imagine the absolute **** storm the "community" and GTP realizes that a GT6 quality graphics and other things is on the PS4. We would likely comparing PD to satan as if now isn't bad enough already.

I wouldn't mind if GTSport was re-released for the PS5 with maybe just performance enhancements, as long as I get to play my PS4 copy on the PS5 as is. However, I just don't see that happening
We don't know yet. As a bonus PS5 is confirmed by Sony to have full backward compatibility. But we will wait and see.

One of major reasons due to disagreements with licensing terms of some places the fictional tracks took place. Back then the term remastered wasn't as known and as attractive as nowadays, so would be rendered as a disappointment by both customers and Sony, renders it pointless, and later scrapped.
Really? Where did you get that idea from? Source please.

Imagine the absolute **** storm the "community" and GTP realizes that a GT6 quality graphics and other things is on the PS4. We would likely comparing PD to satan as if now isn't bad enough already.
Your point is noted, but doesn't matter as it has nothing to do with my point.

We don't know yet. As a bonus PS5 is confirmed by Sony to have full backward compatibility. But we will wait and see.
Indeed we don't know yet, but the past tells me that GTSport on the PS4 wouldn't happen.

The end point of that comment is that Polyphony Digital in the past has planned on releasing a GT title at launch as an re-release or just a plain new game at launch, but it didn't happen. With the past GT games never hitting a launch release, it's pretty likely the PS5 won't have one either.

Back