Sony Bravia Master Ad Hints at RUF’s Possible Gran Turismo Return

Featuring the Ruf CTR3 is a good idea, maybe it was a little tribute to them. The CTR3 is way different than the expected Porsche body, and it was unexpected to be a large supercar from what the CTR and CTR2 stood in for. It's as if Ruf attempted to build a genuine car. Old licensing logic substituted this vehicle for a Carrera GT or 918. But it wasn't anything like those.

Yes please!:bowdown:
safsaf.jpg

Featuring the Ruf CTR3 is a good idea, maybe it was a little tribute to them. The CTR3 is way different than the expected Porsche body, and it was unexpected to be a large supercar from what the CTR and CTR2 stood in for. It's as if Ruf attempted to build a genuine car. Old licensing logic substituted this vehicle for a Carrera GT or 918. But it wasn't anything like those.

I think “wasn’t anything like” is bit of a stretch. To the complete layperson who doesn’t know anything about or care about Porsches it just looks like a Carrera GT with a body kit and 911 headlights. Close enough to be an emergency stand-in.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised to see it and/or the Yellowbird in GT at some point as a thanks for RUF for their service over the years.

Last edited:
I hope they bring RUF in GTS because it would be awesome gives me nostalgic feels. Would love that 4K GTS graphics and sounds. I know we got Porsche but I’d love to have both. Also wish that one day Koenigsegg would come to GT. Really want the Agera R and One:1
While I’m at it, Ferrari Fxx Fxxk Fxxk evo P1 road version. 918 also V8 Supercars please.
Okay I’ll just keep dreaming then.

I think “wasn’t anything like” is bit of a stretch. To the complete layperson who doesn’t know anything about or care about Porsches it just looks like a Carrera GT with a body kit and 911 headlights. Close enough to be an emergency stand-in.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised to see it and/or the Yellowbird in GT at some point as a thanks for RUF for their service over the years.

It looks like an Audi TT homolgation special road car.

If RUF does indeed return, I think at minimum, all three CTR models should appear. I'm not too sure about the 30th anniversary remake of the CTR Yellowbird, though. While it seems nice (basically having all-new construction), do you think it'd be a bit "redundant" compared to the original CTR?

Renault CLio RS '16 & '17 say "Hi". ;)

True enough. I keep forgetting about that, haha. But I do have faith that for the most part, the next title's car list will continue the general approach of quality-over-quantity we're seeing in GTS, where it's unlikely we'll see multiple cars where the sole difference is model year (whereas both Clio RS models do indeed have differences, as minute as they are otherwise), convertible vs. coupe, or region (see: Nissan Z33 for both of those). I think there could still be some exceptions where you'd want to have multiple regional models or a coupe alongside a roadster variant or whatnot, but it'd still save a lot of bloat to cut a lot of these instances where the only difference will be the regional naming of a car. (A lot of standard Japanese cars in the PS3-era games had something similar going on.)

If RUF does indeed return, I think at minimum, all three CTR models should appear. I'm not too sure about the 30th anniversary remake of the CTR Yellowbird, though. While it seems nice (basically having all-new construction), do you think it'd be a bit "redundant" compared to the original CTR?
They're basically completely different cars so I wouldn't say they're redundant. The new CTR Yellowbird is basically a modern supercar masquerading under a body styled after a 1980s 911. The chassis isn't even based on a 911 anymore.

Last edited:
I hope this wouldn't just become about adding similar dupes from RUF, especially when considering the fact that Porsche is already in the series.

I would sure love to see Porsche and RUF battles soon.

Which means they'll have to add plenty of RUF's, even if GT Sport focuses more on Porsche. And a GT League campaign cell for Porsche vs. RUF? That's gonna be heaven.

Last edited:
They're basically completely different cars so I wouldn't say they're redundant. The new CTR Yellowbird is basically a modern supercar masquerading under a body styled after a 1980s 911. The chassis isn't even based on a 911 anymore.
Yeah, the new and old Yellow Bird deserve to coexist, especially when the new one isn't even a 911.

I hope this wouldn't just become about adding similar dupes from RUF, especially when considering the fact that Porsche is already in the series.
I'd say Ruf has enough unique models to be worthy of coming back alongside Porsche. The classic Yellow Bird doesn't really have a direct Porsche equivalent, not even the 930. The RGT-8 is not like anything Porsche has produced; I don't care about the older RGTs since they're not too different from the 911 GT3. The CTR2 is much more special than an ordinary 993 Turbo, and the CTR3 has no real direct Porsche counterpart. And the latest CTR and SCR aren't even Porsches to begin with, despite looking like classic 911s run through that machine that Crash Bandicoot goes through in the N.Sane Trilogy intro.

It may just be nostalgia from the days where RUF was all we had, but I have always preferred RUF's cars over the respective Porsches.

It'd be great to see them back in racing games, especially with the cool new retro throwback cars that they have been showing.

I'd say Ruf has enough unique models to be worthy of coming back alongside Porsche. The classic Yellow Bird doesn't really have a direct Porsche equivalent, not even the 930. The RGT-8 is not like anything Porsche has produced; I don't care about the older RGTs since they're not too different from the 911 GT3. The CTR2 is much more special than an ordinary 993 Turbo, and the CTR3 has no real direct Porsche counterpart. And the latest CTR and SCR aren't even Porsches to begin with, despite looking like classic 911s run through that machine that Crash Bandicoot goes through in the N.Sane Trilogy intro.
Obviously, there are some exceptions there, especially if that certain RUF model can be considered to be something special.

Let's just hope that PD picks them rather than the ones that would feel closely similar to some Porsche models that already exist in the game because if they choose the similar models, it would feel as if they just replicated them under some different badging and hence, would essentially act like dupes.

Yes, please, we need RUF back!! I know PD have the Porsche license now, but there are a couple of really cool RUF machines that we need in the game. Let's reunite the "brothers"!
They haven't got a complete RUF lineup since, GT3. Only GT2 has complete lineup of it.

Back