Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
I guess you completely ignored the "lols" in the statement if you deemed this a legit complaint..
Hahaha, that's like saying, "I don't mean to be disrespectful but......." before a disrespectful comment.
Lols don't negate a statement that maybe shouldn't have been said in the first place?

Ive deleted the demo now, every time i try and get on its server maintenance and can`t do anything at all, only had about 2 hours on it, if the full game is like that, i will be taking the disc back to the shop i think, terrible that.
For me Monday was bad and then only once did I get affected by server maintenance. I played it alot over the week and got roughly 750,000 credits. I reckon it was solid by Friday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, that's like saying, "I don't mean to be disrespectful but......." before a disrespectful comment.
Lols don't negate a statement that maybe shouldn't have been said in the first place?

For one, YOU were the one who added the remark, "So many moaners" at the end of your statement which implied that I was moaning and complaining about the demo. (Which I was not) had you not said that bit at the end I would've left it alone but I guess you took the entire statement as a moaning complaint when it was a satirical/Sarcastic statement in light of all the server crashing everyone was getting riled up about.. Which ironically enough, actually came to pass in the long run anyway. So my statement was not too far fetched whether it be serious or sarcastic.

I use the thrustmaster T150 with a TH8A H pattern shifter, I wasn’t able to use it in the demo, does anyone know if we will be able to use shifters in the full version?

For one, YOU were the one who added the remark, "So many moaners" at the end of your statement which implied that I was moaning and complaining about the demo. (Which I was not) had you not said that bit at the end I would've left it alone but I guess you took the entire statement as a moaning complaint when it was a satirical/Sarcastic statement in light of all the server crashing everyone was getting riled up about.. Which ironically enough, actually came to pass in the long run anyway. So my statement was not too far fetched whether it be serious or sarcastic.
There really should be a sarcasm/satirical font?

Here is my video of a race at Interlagos. Can you guys tell where I went wrong. Every car seems faster than me.

Also, game looks kinda bland here Dont know why,maybe my tv set.

Thanks

Here is my video of a race at Interlagos. Can you guys tell where I went wrong. Every car seems faster than me.

Thanks

I didn't watch the full video, maybe the first 2 minutes; but that wide 2nd turn you took, and it look like your assists are on. That's why you seem slower.

I'm probably wrong though.

Thanks

Stop looking back. You're looking back as you're heading for the apex of a corner. That's bound to put you off your line. And if you're constantly looking back at the guy behind, he'll get past you. Pay closer attention to the guys in front.

Stop taking 2 bites at every corner. You turn in, then you turn in again. One movement from the outside to the apex.

Use the whole circuit. Learn the fastest lines through the corners.

@FUNanywhere Lean on the tyres more mid corner, aka carry more mid corner speed. You are braking too much before the bend and not carrying speed into the bend.

I also agree with @daan, you need to learn the racing lines and use the entire track. Please also turn off the ASM and put the TCS down to 1, ideally you want it off but I can understand leaving it on 1. Once you do this you will easily gain a few seconds a lap in pace and improve your consistency. The other thing to do is to learn proper static braking points/markers for each corner and not rely on the "brake" flashing light that GT puts up. This is a tough one to do but will help a lot in searching for a stable and consistent place to brake each time.

I'm no alien but I had a few poles, fastest laps and wins in the few days the demo was out so I do have a touch of credibility.

Last edited:
@FUNanywhere , others have provided great advice about the line and assists. I would add these suggestions.

Buy yourself a copy of the Skip Barber book "Going Faster" and read it a few times.

Turn the music off. There's a rhythm and cadence to driving and in the rise and fall of the pitch, cadence and volume of mechanical sounds that you must pay attention to. Distracting your ears with competing cadences hurts your flow, as do the frequent glances backwards and sideways. I've never heard of a race driver who in real life would try to drown out the music of his machine.

Practice for consistency. Try to achieve, in practice, lap times which vary no more than plus or minus half of one percent from your "plateau" time. No more than 1% variance, at least until you find a new plateau time.

Before you go to sleep, visualize rerunning your best lap so far, seeing and feeling the rhythm.

Identify those parts of the lap where you have competitive advantage, and use these to move through the pack. Know yourself well. Conversely, know your weaknesses and protect them proactively.

Back