Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
You can only enter the Interlagos sport mode race with your own Gr.4 car? If so how can I get one quick? I'm 100k short and I've been playing since day one of demo.

You can only enter the Interlagos sport mode race with your own Gr.4 car? If so how can I get one quick? I'm 100k short and I've been playing since day one of demo.

Given that we cannot purchase them, the quickest way would be to get one from completing some campaign stuff and/or the daily mileage?

Back in August 2016, Kaz stated “We plan to continue supporting PS3 wheels, but we also launched new wheels and we hope you’ll buy them". I wonder if this is still the case, and if the G27 is going to work? That might be enough to make me cave.

Is it actually possible to sell one of the already owned demo cars and get credits for that? Just like to sell the cars which will ship with the collectors edition anyway (e.g. Rallye-Car Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B) which I have been gifted in the demo :).

R3V
Ok I won the 2nd race but it doesn't show in achievements.
I've won 2 races and haven't gotten credit for either of them. I did get credit for the pole.
Back in August 2016, Kaz stated “We plan to continue supporting PS3 wheels, but we also launched new wheels and we hope you’ll buy them". I wonder if this is still the case, and if the G27 is going to work? That might be enough to make me cave.
I stopped worrying about it and just bought a GIMX. Works great and I *hopefully* never have to worry about wheel compatibility again.

The first set of Driving Challenges awards a Gr.4 car after you finish them, IIRC.

Has anyone been able to connect without a hassle today? Although I had a great time playing the demo, the network connectivity issues are a bit concerning. Hopefully they scale before release.

I finished the 30 lap endurance race and now I can't save :(

Does the game sync once the servers are back? If the game crashes at the main menu, do I have to re-do the race??

The first set of Driving Challenges awards a Gr.4 car after you finish them, IIRC.

Yes I got the Lancer Gr.4 after I did the driving challanges 👍

But now the servers are down so I still wasn't able to try out Interlagos. :ouch:

Ive deleted the demo now, every time i try and get on its server maintenance and can`t do anything at all, only had about 2 hours on it, if the full game is like that, i will be taking the disc back to the shop i think, terrible that.

Why would you play a game you don't like?

Given like a lot here I don't have an endless budget I tend to decide to buy games on a cash for entertainment value ratio. My main problem with GTSport is not that is is a terrible game persay but that the days when I would buy GT simply because it's GT are over (that ended with GT6) there are better games on the block now for the premium price.

So when I say I will buy it when it's in the bargain bin (perhaps sooner than many think) I'm thinking it may have more tracks/cars even more features by then, and the cash to entertainment ratio will be much better. But right now it seems very poor value for money.

Ive deleted the demo now, every time i try and get on its server maintenance and can`t do anything at all, only had about 2 hours on it, if the full game is like that, i will be taking the disc back to the shop i think, terrible that.

Same experience here. Had 1 hour play time in total over 2 days. Tried to connect every 10 minutes for the past 2 hours. Haven't been able to connect. This really sucks.

Haven't done extensive testing yet, but so far I'm not too enamored with the mechanical damage. It's too easy to damage the engine block relative to the suspension. In GT5, you could screw the balance of the car up pretty good resulting in the steering wheel wobbling off-center. So far, I haven't been able to replicate that.

As in GT5 the car handling on the rally tracks is absolutely wrong. If PD never put effort on rally they should remove it from GT!

Yes, and no. Totally wrong rally car handling, but I have always enjoyed GT Rally in small portions. It's kinda fun to drive an Acura rally car that handles like a jet ski on a calm ocean driving on a small circular wide track with invisible walls. It reminds me of Sega Rally.

Disclaimer: I can't judge the game right now. Too hyped. :lol:

I like everything :crazy:

Rally - surprisingly fun

Karts ? Super fun !

Custom arcade races ? Enough options to create many fun combos 👍

Sounds - great job

Interlagos is lovely :bowdown:

Original tracks are superb - capturing the essence of old classics but surpassing them execution.

I like the "Campaign" stuff and how it's slightly harder than GT6. 30 laps Endurance challenge ? 🤬 yeah !

I love city tracks and here I have Tokyo with it's many layouts and night racing. City track at night = :bowdown:

It's soo fun to drive in GTS - anything I take for a spin I have fun with.

Scapes are crazy - some quick shots I took looks 100% real :bowdown:

Did I mentioned the presentation ? Holy 🤬 the presentation. You can just seat there sip your drink, listen to the music and watch the game "present itself" - it's so chill :)

Worst part will be the wait between the end of the demo and the release :(:gtpflag:

What time does it expire? A friend of mine with a rather busy life just found out about it, and he’s not home to download it!

What time does it expire? A friend of mine with a rather busy life just found out about it, and he’s not home to download it!

It's only on the store until 8 pm PT tonight.
Ends 8 am PT tomorrow

Hey guys, anyone seen this??

Edit: Just read the previous posts... Nevermind!
We should get extended demo at least one extra day

I'm really hoping it gets extended. I've had so much fun, somehow waiting til monday or tuesday seems like too long of a wait :lol: (I say monday or tuesday because my games often arrive a day or 2 early. I received the Evil Within 2 for example today, 2 days before its release date on friday. Another reason I love Best Buy's gamers club).

I'm really hoping it gets extended. I've had so much fun, somehow waiting til monday or tuesday seems like too long of a wait :lol: (I say monday or tuesday because my games often arrive a day or 2 early. I received the Evil Within 2 for example today, 2 days before its release date on friday. Another reason I love Best Buy's gamers club).

Dunno how the server costs are on their side, but best course of action would be to extend the demo/beta til Sunday. Between the save bugs affecting menus and their maintenances to accomodate more users, they should just take the brunt and eat the weekend influx.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the server maintenance. Yes, it's annoying, but it's better to have them tweaking the servers during the demo, so everything can be smooth when the game is released. Keep in mind that the servers were pretty good during the closed beta, so now that the demo is open to everyone, there is a big amount of players playing the game. I'm happy they are doing this demo to test the servers and other aspects of the game.

Back