Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 3, 2017.

1. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Have they given full Green Hell race today in Sport Mode?

2. Obsidian-2

Obsidian-2

Nope, just the F1 track.

3. Seriousxsach

Seriousxsach

Ive had a ton of fun with the demo, maintenance was annoying but necessary, if you play GTS for the enjoyment of driving i think GTS is just as good as other entries, im excited about the mileage points exchange store that will allow for further customization of cars :D i think its a game PD should be proud of!

Also wanna add for anyone that missed it, when in an open lobby or pretty much anything but a sport mode race. Go to the car settings menu where you can tune the car and there are things like power/weight ratio that can be upgraded, i guess this is where you can upgrade cars in GTS. It’s found at the top of the menu and shows up ink little colored bars, you can purchase upgrades with mileage points.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  4. beck_is_back

beck_is_back

A agree! As much as I hate the idea of no career mode, I've had tons of fun collecting mileage, points and rewards!

5. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

I don't think so. Saw many streams today of full track. Also Willow Spring also there.

ProjectF likes this.
  6. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

I'm using CronosMax on my Driving Force ps3 wheel. Super easy setup and all buttons, pedals and ff work. A little pricier than gimx but very easy to use.

7. chris4652009

chris4652009

The demo is still live, it should have cut off 15mins ago.
    fingers crossed for later

JockeP22 likes this.
  8. JockeP22

JockeP22

I was just about to ask if it still works as I'm not home to be able to check myself. Yes it should have ended twenty minutes ago now according to gran-turismo.com

9. chris4652009

chris4652009

10. Obsidian-2

Obsidian-2

It got extended until Friday 2 PM PST.

11. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  12. EmArA

EmArA

13. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Just noticed how fast I typed with my mobile and end up typing extenTENsion :lol:

14. k12power

k12power

My thouhts
    Absolutely agree with you!!! But for me, the worst part is that you must pay over 100€ to play this game. And i explain, about 70€ to purchase the game. Another 50€ to purchase PS+ so you could play online (GT Sport Mode). This only for the first year of the game.. Maybe another 50€ for the second year.. And don't count any DLC..

Jesus!! So expensive!!

Anyway, i will buy the game, but i don't think the PS+ subscription..

15. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

Any ideas if they will let us keep 9 cars since they extended the demo?

16. Rivanov

Rivanov

What? I only have Interlagos, Brands Hatch and Lago Maggiore.

17. Coiler

Coiler

Delete one that you like the least just to not loose something that you like.

SDSPOWER01 likes this.
  18. torque99

torque99

Message on demo today as bonus you are allowed to keep cars and mileage and credits up to 1m.

It also confirmed you can play offline and arcade in full game even if servers down or any maintenance :) great news :)

19. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

I see the 'Open Beta Test Extension Notice', but didn't see mention of keeping anything...

20. torque99

torque99

If you go in to profile then> notifications in the demo it shows all mails . I took a screen shot will post them later or tomorrow. :cheers:

21. TJ13

TJ13 Premium

In a way they should just extend it to 15/10/2017 at 8 pm PT

22. Obsidian-2

Obsidian-2

They seem to be changing tracks much faster than the first couple of days. I completely missed Nordschleife. Nurb F1 track was up last night when I went to bed, then changed already this morning.

23. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

This is the first Gran Turismo game I’ve played since GT4. I was expecting less. But man, I love the game so far. I’m glad I pre-ordered it and can’t wait to pick it up Tuesday. Then the demo is letting you carry over your progress to the main game! Now I hear there has been an extension on the demo! I’ll have the 911 RSR in my garage before the might is over; the Charger Hellcat too.:tup: So it’ll be hard to determine 1st and 2nd Place for me out of PC2 and GTS. But FM7 is 3rd for sure. :lol:

GTP_geoff likes this.
  24. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

Originally I was thinking they should just leave it running until the full release drops...

However, it is clear that this is an extension of the beta, and was used to identify issues that would only become easily identifiable with an extremely large user base. They need the next week to apply and test patches, as well as clean up the UI and servers.

And based on how many people I cut off on the way to pick my daughter up from school today, I need a break from GTS!

25. torque99

torque99

Great news of the bonus of carrying over cars etc

:tup:

Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171012204811.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171012205325.jpg

Is this news worthy? @SlipZtrEm Offline Arcade can be played while servers down. Quite a few people deleted game because of this in the demo version. :tup:

I know data can't be synced until it updates etc

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    doblocruiser likes this.
  26. GreatnessRD

GreatnessRD

For playing this demo for a probably total hour, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a COMPLETE scrublord.

And I love it. Can't wait to buy the regular version and learn the in's and out's.

torque99 likes this.
  27. bone_tone

bone_tone

Small point, but I hope they correct the spelling in the full version - breaks, when they actually mean brakes......

28. breyzipp

breyzipp

I know some cars, credits and mileage points will be carried over to the full game, but does anyone know anything about the following?

- career progress (driving school etc)
    - time trial boards
    - tunes and paints on the cars that carry over
    - in-game configurations like controller button mapping etc

Honestly I would prefer to keep the game fresh and have a new start October 18th. Seeing the tool tips again for the first time, do those driving events again for the first time etc. The demo was fun as a sneak peak but other than the cars and credits/points carrying over, I rather have a feeling of a fresh start the 18th, not a continuation of the demo progress.

29. Reydawg Rey

Reydawg Rey

Can someone give me advice how to tune the cars for braking? My biggest issue is that my cars are not stopping no matter how hard I hit the buttons on the DS4. It's making my experience very hard to enjoy! No braking means I don't have that much control of the cars and it sends me off the track.

I'm an experienced GT player and I've played all of them. This is the first time I've ever had such an issue with braking. I'm not a car expert so I don't really know how to tune the cars, all I know is that no matter where I brake I have to hold the brake button way too long and it's actually hurting my fingers quite a bit. PD can you add an option to increase break sensitivity please? Three options is not enough and not through tuning because that's foreign to me. Not everyone that plays this game is familiar with how to tune cars. I'm using default settings. The other two options don't make the braking any easier. Please help! Is anyone else having the same issues? A 1-10 setting like previous GT's would be the most helpful.

30. Eva

Eva Premium

It's all about when you brake. Most tracks in a Gr.3, you should be braking about the 100 meter board or a little earlier. At Maggiore you can brake a bit later, and at Nurburgring you have to brake earlier, but that's the starting point. Usually, I set my brake balance so it's more in the front to further assist that.