Sony Confirms a Four-Day Demo for GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,032 comments
Ive had a ton of fun with the demo, maintenance was annoying but necessary, if you play GTS for the enjoyment of driving i think GTS is just as good as other entries, im excited about the mileage points exchange store that will allow for further customization of cars :D i think its a game PD should be proud of!

Also wanna add for anyone that missed it, when in an open lobby or pretty much anything but a sport mode race. Go to the car settings menu where you can tune the car and there are things like power/weight ratio that can be upgraded, i guess this is where you can upgrade cars in GTS. It’s found at the top of the menu and shows up ink little colored bars, you can purchase upgrades with mileage points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had a ton of fun with the demo, maintenance was annoying but necessary, if you play GTS for the enjoyment of driving i think GTS is just as good as other entries, im excited about the mileage points exchange store that will allow for further customization of cars :D i think its a game PD should be proud of!
A agree! As much as I hate the idea of no career mode, I've had tons of fun collecting mileage, points and rewards!

Back in August 2016, Kaz stated “We plan to continue supporting PS3 wheels, but we also launched new wheels and we hope you’ll buy them". I wonder if this is still the case, and if the G27 is going to work? That might be enough to make me cave.

I'm using CronosMax on my Driving Force ps3 wheel. Super easy setup and all buttons, pedals and ff work. A little pricier than gimx but very easy to use.

The demo is still live, it should have cut off 15mins ago.
fingers crossed for later
I was just about to ask if it still works as I'm not home to be able to check myself. Yes it should have ended twenty minutes ago now according to gran-turismo.com

Since i might not have time to play today and i am off work tomorrow and thought that the demo ends today...this is great news :D and made my day :cheers:
Just noticed how fast I typed with my mobile and end up typing extenTENsion :lol:

My thouhts
Disclaimer: I can't judge the game right now. Too hyped. :lol:

I like everything :crazy:

Rally - surprisingly fun

Karts ? Super fun !

Custom arcade races ? Enough options to create many fun combos 👍

Sounds - great job

Interlagos is lovely :bowdown:

Original tracks are superb - capturing the essence of old classics but surpassing them execution.

I like the "Campaign" stuff and how it's slightly harder than GT6. 30 laps Endurance challenge ? 🤬 yeah !

I love city tracks and here I have Tokyo with it's many layouts and night racing. City track at night = :bowdown:

It's soo fun to drive in GTS - anything I take for a spin I have fun with.

Scapes are crazy - some quick shots I took looks 100% real :bowdown:

Did I mentioned the presentation ? Holy 🤬 the presentation. You can just seat there sip your drink, listen to the music and watch the game "present itself" - it's so chill :)

Worst part will be the wait between the end of the demo and the release :(:gtpflag:

Absolutely agree with you!!! But for me, the worst part is that you must pay over 100€ to play this game. And i explain, about 70€ to purchase the game. Another 50€ to purchase PS+ so you could play online (GT Sport Mode). This only for the first year of the game.. Maybe another 50€ for the second year.. And don't count any DLC..

Jesus!! So expensive!!

Anyway, i will buy the game, but i don't think the PS+ subscription..

Any ideas if they will let us keep 9 cars since they extended the demo?

Message on demo today as bonus you are allowed to keep cars and mileage and credits up to 1m.

It also confirmed you can play offline and arcade in full game even if servers down or any maintenance :) great news :)

Message on demo today as bonus you are allowed to keep cars and mileage and credits up to 1m.

It also confirmed you can play offline and arcade in full game even if servers down or any maintenance :) great news :)

I see the 'Open Beta Test Extension Notice', but didn't see mention of keeping anything...

What? I only have Interlagos, Brands Hatch and Lago Maggiore.

They seem to be changing tracks much faster than the first couple of days. I completely missed Nordschleife. Nurb F1 track was up last night when I went to bed, then changed already this morning.

This is the first Gran Turismo game I’ve played since GT4. I was expecting less. But man, I love the game so far. I’m glad I pre-ordered it and can’t wait to pick it up Tuesday. Then the demo is letting you carry over your progress to the main game! Now I hear there has been an extension on the demo! I’ll have the 911 RSR in my garage before the might is over; the Charger Hellcat too.👍 So it’ll be hard to determine 1st and 2nd Place for me out of PC2 and GTS. But FM7 is 3rd for sure. :lol:

In a way they should just extend it to 15/10/2017 at 8 pm PT

Originally I was thinking they should just leave it running until the full release drops...

However, it is clear that this is an extension of the beta, and was used to identify issues that would only become easily identifiable with an extremely large user base. They need the next week to apply and test patches, as well as clean up the UI and servers.

And based on how many people I cut off on the way to pick my daughter up from school today, I need a break from GTS!

Great news of the bonus of carrying over cars etc

👍

Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171012204811.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171012205325.jpg

Is this news worthy? @SlipZtrEm Offline Arcade can be played while servers down. Quite a few people deleted game because of this in the demo version. 👍

I know data can't be synced until it updates etc

Last edited:
For playing this demo for a probably total hour, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a COMPLETE scrublord.

And I love it. Can't wait to buy the regular version and learn the in's and out's.

I know some cars, credits and mileage points will be carried over to the full game, but does anyone know anything about the following?

- career progress (driving school etc)
- time trial boards
- tunes and paints on the cars that carry over
- in-game configurations like controller button mapping etc

Honestly I would prefer to keep the game fresh and have a new start October 18th. Seeing the tool tips again for the first time, do those driving events again for the first time etc. The demo was fun as a sneak peak but other than the cars and credits/points carrying over, I rather have a feeling of a fresh start the 18th, not a continuation of the demo progress.

Can someone give me advice how to tune the cars for braking? My biggest issue is that my cars are not stopping no matter how hard I hit the buttons on the DS4. It's making my experience very hard to enjoy! No braking means I don't have that much control of the cars and it sends me off the track.

I'm an experienced GT player and I've played all of them. This is the first time I've ever had such an issue with braking. I'm not a car expert so I don't really know how to tune the cars, all I know is that no matter where I brake I have to hold the brake button way too long and it's actually hurting my fingers quite a bit. PD can you add an option to increase break sensitivity please? Three options is not enough and not through tuning because that's foreign to me. Not everyone that plays this game is familiar with how to tune cars. I'm using default settings. The other two options don't make the braking any easier. Please help! Is anyone else having the same issues? A 1-10 setting like previous GT's would be the most helpful.

Can someone give me advice how to tune the cars for braking? My biggest issue is that my cars are not stopping no matter how hard I hit the buttons on the DS4. It's making my experience very hard to enjoy! No braking means I don't have that much control of the cars and it sends me off the track.

I'm an experienced GT player and I've played all of them. This is the first time I've ever had such an issue with braking. I'm not a car expert so I don't really know how to tune the cars, all I know is that no matter where I brake I have to hold the brake button way too long and it's actually hurting my fingers quite a bit. PD can you add an option to increase break sensitivity please? Three options is not enough and not through tuning because that's foreign to me. Not everyone that plays this game is familiar with how to tune cars. I'm using default settings. The other two options don't make the braking any easier. Please help! Is anyone else having the same issues? A 1-10 setting like previous GT's would be the most helpful.
It's all about when you brake. Most tracks in a Gr.3, you should be braking about the 100 meter board or a little earlier. At Maggiore you can brake a bit later, and at Nurburgring you have to brake earlier, but that's the starting point. Usually, I set my brake balance so it's more in the front to further assist that.

Back