Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

I think they will give us some information on how the on-line part of the game is going to be structured.
Hopefully that includes some cool and handy features such as the ability to create groups, run championships, better tools for the host to police/spectate cars etc.

I hope the latest demo show at Gamescom no more horrible shimmering problem. GT5 haven't this problem, is unacceptable if they didn't fix it.

This has to be sarcasm or something. By the way, with a nick like AudiMan, why do you have a Vantage in your avvy?

No, I expect some of the toybox to be emptied to build hype for the upcoming release. Kaz has to do something serious, because those next gen guys, including a certain competitor, are going to be showing off some nifty stuff and flaunting the prowess and power of their respective platforms, PC and The ONE. And if he just pops out another trailer, a few million fans are going to get really grouchy. I expect to see some combination of these:
  • Some discussion of the game structure, how it compares to previous GTs, how GT6 has been enhanced to give it long term playability, used cars, possibly what damage system there is, etc.
  • A look at how comparable the not-Standard and Premium content is going to be, both cars and tracks, though of course everyone will be keen to know how the un-Premium cars are coming along. Some mention of the automakers and auto related companies included, racing league involvement, and of course some new cars and tracks will be showcased.
  • The Movie Maker should remain impossible because the PS3 isn't getting any more ram, but there should be some discussion over improvements to Photo Mode and some new photo locations.
  • An overview of all that customization stuff, with possible details involving the words "race modification" and "livery."

• An expose about the Course Maker and its new environs, with a focus on Andelucia and what can be done with it.

• I expect the offline part of the game to have been heavily worked on and features discussed.

• I anticipate some light being shed on the a number of features revolving around a central theme. The car club, league building, race series and championships need some explanation to build hype for the game, and that central theme would be an Event Maker, useful both off- and online.

Stuff like that.
I think receiving information about these seem to be likely. They'll reveal/confirm Bathurst. That's a given.

We have a winner!

Seriously, after all these years I don't know why people expect so much from the PD PR department.

I may not expect as much as Tenacious D but i do expect more than what we got from E3.

I may not expect as much as Tenacious D but i do expect more than what we got from E3.
Tenacious D said, " I expect to see some combination of these:", then listed a few things off. He ended his post by saying, "Stuff like that." I REALLY don't understand why you guys think he said he's fully expecting to hear all of those things he listed off and he'll be disappointed if Kaz doesn't meet all of those expectations. I've shortly exemplified what you guys think he meant and made it sound asinine when put that way. Maybe this will clear up the misconstrusion that you've all been abiding by, even though I think it was pretty damn clear that Tenacious D said it in a way so this wouldn't happen.

The humanity... :P

We have a winner!

Seriously, after all these years I don't know why people expect so much from the PD PR department.

Really? I seem to remember getting more than just a few trailers for GT5P and GT5 before they were released. They were reasonably forthcoming, aside from pussyfooting around the whole Standard/Premium car mess.

I don't think that it's remotely farfetched to imagine that we'll see more of GT6 at Gamescom than just a trailer.

Tenacious D said, " I expect to see some combination of these:", then listed a few things off. He ended his post by saying, "Stuff like that." I REALLY don't understand why you guys think he said he's fully expecting to hear all of those things he listed off and he'll be disappointed if Kaz doesn't meet all of those expectations. I've shortly exemplified what you guys think he meant and made it sound asinine when put that way. Maybe this will clear up the misconstrusion that you've all been abiding by, even though I think it was pretty damn clear that Tenacious D said it in a way so this wouldn't happen.

The humanity... :P

I'm aware that he's not expecting every single thing he listed there to be revealed, I was just saying that I don't expect much to be revealed in that detail. I'm in between really, I don't expect to much and I don't expect to little. Certainly more than a trailer though.

We have a winner. ;)

I do choose my words fairly carefully, but it seems a certain number of people here like to parse words to create false arguments to slap me around with. Maybe I should start using bold wurds or ALL CAPS or something in hose crucial meaningful parts. Or no, maybe just enjoy the chaotic aftermath.

Anyway, night all, looking forward to some cool bits at GamesCom, considering it's where we learned a good deal about GT5. As I recall...

We have a winner. ;)

I do choose my words fairly carefully, but it seems a certain number of people here like to parse words to create false arguments to slap me around with. Maybe I should start using bold wurds or ALL CAPS or something in hose crucial meaningful parts. Or no, maybe just enjoy the chaotic aftermath.

Anyway, night all, looking forward to some cool bits at GamesCom, considering it's where we learned a good deal about GT5. As I recall...

Actually I don't think people care nearly enough about what you say, for you to act like some wounded victim. You clearly have a glazed view on PD/GT. Also using the argument "well everyone hates me that's why they don't like my obviously great contributions."

Trite arguments get old, TenaciousD

I think receiving information about these seem to be likely. They'll reveal/confirm Bathurst. That's a given.

I wouldn't be so sure on that, they've revealed in game circuits whilst at the real location so far. Bathurst will likely be saved for the Bathurst 1000 in October.

Actually I don't think people care nearly enough about what you say, for you to act like some wounded victim. You clearly have a glazed view on PD/GT. Also using the argument "well everyone hates me that's why they don't like my obviously great contributions."

Trite arguments get old, TenaciousD
Yea, we all think what you think about him. Get over yourself. Let me just remind you, there's a very vocal minority that cares enough to side with you, aka the whiners and complainers and negative nancy's. I agree a lot of the time with what Tenacious D says, but I sometimes think the complete opposite of what he thinks. I don't feel the need to reply and negate every single thing that you guys say nor do I have to reply and say that I agree with Tenacious D on every single thing he has to say.

I just want to see a couple more comfirmed cars or something or maybe a new course. I love what PD has comfirmed so far, I hope they keep it coming at Gamescom.

I just want to see a couple more comfirmed cars or something or maybe a new course. I love what PD has comfirmed so far, I hope they keep it coming at Gamescom.
I'd be surprised if they don't reveal more cars. I'd be surprised if they don't reveal some of the tracks from previous GT games that will be in GT6. We know there will be a couple, but that's mainly only people who frequent places like here on GTPlanet.

I don't know if I expect it, but I'll be letdown if they don't reveal a lot more information about the "Course Maker".

If a thread about an event weeks away doesn't turn into a wishlist, it apparently turns into personal attacks instead. Interesting. :lol:

If a thread about an event weeks away doesn't turn into a wishlist, it apparently turns into personal attacks instead. Interesting. :lol:

Pretty much what happens in the forum of an upcoming GT game :lol:. That and the unbelievable amount of optimism and acritical GT fanboy-ism.

I'd rather not be a pessimist here considering how pessimistic I am about real problems in the real world. Optimism is soooo much better than being an old fart who shouts at kids to stay off his lawn though. I'm not old, just let me clear that up.

acritical GT fanboy-ism

How does saying that makes any of this better? Adding fuel to fire, so stop being a jerk.

Well, obviously. If people are in a mood to have a discussion but there's nothing on-topic to discuss yet, there's not many directions a thread can take.

I'd rather not be a pessimist here considering how pessimistic I am about real problems in the real world. Optimism is soooo much better than being an old fart who shouts at kids to stay off his lawn though. I'm not old, just let me clear that up.

How does saying that makes any of this better? Adding fuel to fire, so stop being a jerk.

Did I call you an acritical GT fanboy? No. Do they exist and plague this forums believing "Everything is a placeholder", "We'll get 1000 premium cars", "Physics are as good as PC sims", "GT is still the king"? Yes.

Read first, then call other people "jerk", you jerk.

This has to be sarcasm or something. By the way, with a nick like AudiMan, why do you have a Vantage in your avvy?

No, I expect some of the toybox to be emptied to build hype for the upcoming release. Kaz has to do something serious, because those next gen guys, including a certain competitor, are going to be showing off some nifty stuff and flaunting the prowess and power of their respective platforms, PC and The ONE. And if he just pops out another trailer, a few million fans are going to get really grouchy. I expect to see some combination of these:
  • Some discussion of the game structure, how it compares to previous GTs, how GT6 has been enhanced to give it long term playability, used cars, possibly what damage system there is, etc.
  • A look at how comparable the not-Standard and Premium content is going to be, both cars and tracks, though of course everyone will be keen to know how the un-Premium cars are coming along. Some mention of the automakers and auto related companies included, racing league involvement, and of course some new cars and tracks will be showcased.
  • The Movie Maker should remain impossible because the PS3 isn't getting any more ram, but there should be some discussion over improvements to Photo Mode and some new photo locations.
  • An overview of all that customization stuff, with possible details involving the words "race modification" and "livery."
  • An expose about the Course Maker and its new environs, with a focus on Andelucia and what can be done with it.
  • I expect the offline part of the game to have been heavily worked on and features discussed.
  • I anticipate some light being shed on the a number of features revolving around a central theme. The car club, league building, race series and championships need some explanation to build hype for the game, and that central theme would be an Event Maker, useful both off- and online.

Stuff like that

Nothing like leaving no stone unturned...lol..:sly: I'd put some money on the two I bolded. I think PD has a good plan so far for revealing content and features slowly but steadily and I think they will build up the anticipation carefully and methodically over the next few months, not revealing too much info in any one place.

Yea, we all think what you think about him. Get over yourself. Let me just remind you, there's a very vocal minority that cares enough to side with you, aka the whiners and complainers and negative nancy's. I agree a lot of the time with what Tenacious D says, but I sometimes think the complete opposite of what he thinks. I don't feel the need to reply and negate every single thing that you guys say nor do I have to reply and say that I agree with Tenacious D on every single thing he has to say.

Get over myself? I'm not the one resorting to some emotional victim act because he (tenacious D) can't bring anything concrete or intellectual. His arguments are full of I think or not sure but I'll say it anyways, type things mixed with empathy. It's a minority, yet Tenacious on another thread said he and others like you think it is growing. We aren't whiners we just know the game can be better as many of us have told you for three years now. It's not just me or Inari, Tornado, Samus and several mods there are new member coming on all the time wanting insight to if this new game will be worth the money based on the last game.

Unless you have concrete numbers that show groups like us (those who are critical and long time fans) or groups that are overly optimistic and somewhat dogmatic toward PD, then please provide them. Yet Tenacious singled himself out with that last comment instead of sticking to the subject, and for you to do a knee-jerk reaction only to look silly was dumb on your part. Though naturally you'll disagree.

No one is asking you or demanding that you rebuke us or agree with him every moment. Not sure why you feel you have to bring it up.

Another bickering thread with the same members.

Great input lately guys, really loving reading this content.

No one told you you had to, and to be fair you could ask to see this shift back and then comment what you think Gamescom will bring. Rather you just further perpetuated bickering/complaining, by being agitated by our complaining....

Another bickering thread with the same members.

Great input lately guys, really loving reading this content.

Meta-complaining. It's like the Inception of complaining.

And now I'm complaining about your complaining about their complaining. Freaky.

Do you dare go to the next level? :crazy::crazy:

Meta-complaining. It's like the Inception of complaining.

And now I'm complaining about your complaining about their complaining. Freaky.

Do you dare go to the next level? :crazy::crazy:

We aren't Leonardo DiCaprio if we go further we'll never get out.:scared:

Back