Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

Meta-complaining. It's like the Inception of complaining.

And now I'm complaining about your complaining about their complaining. Freaky.

Do you dare go to the next level? :crazy::crazy:

You're complaining about my complaining due to complaints being complaint about by others complaining whilst bickering is simply not the same acceptable complaining of others who had started complaining about others' complaining. :dopey:

What is gamecon anyways? Just another place in the world to release info about video games... ..some more?

You're complaining about my complaining due to complaints being complaint about by others complaining whilst bickering is simply not the same acceptable complaining of others who had started complaining about others' complaining. :dopey:

And then I was all like...

1760373-WHAZ2VT.jpg

:D

Did I call you an acritical GT fanboy? No. Do they exist and plague this forums believing "Everything is a placeholder", "We'll get 1000 premium cars", "Physics are as good as PC sims", "GT is still the king"? Yes.
This.

Oh and nice meta complaint people, if you meta complaint high enough Yamauchi San will add your name as a B-spec bob driver in GT6, and will gift you 5 museum cards and 5 sets of comfort hard tyres. You should be proud of it.

This.

Oh and nice meta complaint people, if you meta complaint high enough Yamauchi San will add your name as a B-spec bob driver in GT6, and will gift you 5 museum cards and 5 sets of comfort hard tyres. You should be proud of it.

I have more work to do then :lol:

This has to be sarcasm or something. By the way, with a nick like AudiMan, why do you have a Vantage in your avvy?

No, I expect some of the toybox to be emptied to build hype for the upcoming release. Kaz has to do something serious, because those next gen guys, including a certain competitor, are going to be showing off some nifty stuff and flaunting the prowess and power of their respective platforms, PC and The ONE. And if he just pops out another trailer, a few million fans are going to get really grouchy. I expect to see some combination of these:
  • Some discussion of the game structure, how it compares to previous GTs, how GT6 has been enhanced to give it long term playability, used cars, possibly what damage system there is, etc.
  • A look at how comparable the not-Standard and Premium content is going to be, both cars and tracks, though of course everyone will be keen to know how the un-Premium cars are coming along. Some mention of the automakers and auto related companies included, racing league involvement, and of course some new cars and tracks will be showcased.
  • The Movie Maker should remain impossible because the PS3 isn't getting any more ram, but there should be some discussion over improvements to Photo Mode and some new photo locations.
  • An overview of all that customization stuff, with possible details involving the words "race modification" and "livery."
  • An expose about the Course Maker and its new environs, with a focus on Andelucia and what can be done with it.
  • I expect the offline part of the game to have been heavily worked on and features discussed.
  • I anticipate some light being shed on the a number of features revolving around a central theme. The car club, league building, race series and championships need some explanation to build hype for the game, and that central theme would be an Event Maker, useful both off- and online.
Stuff like that.

This^

Do they exist and plague this forums believing "Everything is a placeholder", "We'll get 1000 premium cars", "Physics are as good as PC sims", "GT is still the king"? Yes.

As opposed to those who plague this forum with negativity at every turn?

As opposed to those who plague this forum who highlight every flaw?

As opposed to those who create thread after thread featuring personal issues?

As opposed to those who spit out derogatory remarks about PDI?

I don't know what forum you are looking at but the critical are far more vocal when it comes to pushing their beliefs (see above) on every one in this forum and have been since I have been here (for several years).

I don't know what forum you are looking at but the critical are far more vocal when it comes to pushing their beliefs (see above) on every one in this forum and have been since I have been here (for several years).
GT5 is a perfect game Poliphony Digital are the most open minded devs in the industry, ok, keep going...

Sounds like there's a special price for the winner of the Meta Complain Academy 2013: "Stealth Museum Cards". I know you have the skills to succeed.

GT5 is a perfect game Poliphony Digital are the most open minded devs in the industry, ok, keep going...

Sounds like there's a special price for the winner of the Meta Complain Academy 2013: "Stealth Museum Cards". I know you have the skills to succeed.
ha ha

ha

Try harder...

For starters, I never said the GT5 was perfect and anyways you missed the point.

This is forum and there is bound to be more then one opinion on it, so to highlight one side of the coin (as a bad thing) all the while seemingly excusing the others is ridiculous.

I think PD has a good plan so far for revealing content and features slowly but steadily and I think they will build up the anticipation carefully and methodically over the next few months, not revealing too much info in any one place.
I do like this model, though in the summer weeks after E3, it can be quite a drought - cough, hack. :P

But GamesCom could be a different story this year. As some of us have mentioned, GT6 is a current gen game with some pretty stiff next gen competition, not the least being Forza 5. While the Gran Turismo hype train is about as big as ever, the other guys aren't going to show up empty handed, and Kaz has to keep GT6 relevant. What's more, Europe is Gran Turismo's biggest market, where racing games sell like fast food, and SONY will be keen to insure that GT6 is on most gamer's menu. And as the last international games show before fall, GamesCom has become a serious venue for game studios and publishers.

I do expect something substantial at Tokyo Games Show in September, but even though the world has been focused on it for gaming news for years, it is more Nihonocentric.

I agree a lot of the time with what Tenacious D says, but I sometimes think the complete opposite of what he thinks.
I did want to remark a bit on this, because opposite thinking is a good thing. It furthers discussion and opens eyes to other points of view and ways of thinking. When done right. Kids being kids, and the nets being something of a wild frontier where people can say anything anonymously, there's a lot of dirtclod throwing. And it doesn't help when mods are arbitrary in swinging the infraction hammer. Being something of a libertarian, I think we should be able to police ourselves for the most part, until things are clearly getting personal and grudgy, but that's me. I probably wouldn't be worth my pay grade as a mod.

I'm even more of a student of life than when I was a teenager. I maintain a youthful wide-eyed-wonder attitude about everything, and while I'm something of a pessimist and misanthrope concerning human nature, on everything else I'm pretty much the optimist. I like learning new things, I like sharing new things, discussing new things, and I've rubbed shoulders with conservatives and communists, witches and Bible thumpers, and have managed to have very civil discussions with every one of them. Which makes this place so consternating, when a certain group of people feel the need to shoot down every positive balloon someone lets fly. It's just strange. People baffle me.

Whenever you lose that youthful exuberance and drive to know new stuff, that's when you begin to grow old, and I never intend to grow old. :D

*It's not negativity. It's being realistic and having expectations in line with the way PD have acted in the past. After the semi-fiasco we had with GT5, why do we have to be optimistic? Though, I agree that being absolutely pessimistic isn't right either.

*And, again, what's wrong with that? It is known that PD watches this forums so at GTP, as their most dedicated community, have every right to give them our feedback. The game has flaws, period. And not everybody goes around shouting them aloud without giving solutions. Most threads here that highlight flaws of the game have plenty of posts that answer with, usually realistic, ways they can be solved.

*Won't answer to that one because it has nothing to do with me. When I have issues here they are with the arguments, not the persons.

*I agree plenty of people make insensitive remarks about PD that are way out of line, but PD does diserve some of the flak they get. Lazy? Sure, it's the reason why we GT5 is full of tiny, easy to fix flaws that detract from the overall high quality of the game. Mediocre? Not quite because they surely know how to blow our minds away in some aspects, but they show hints of mediocrity in others.

Kaz and the crew at PD aren't a sacred cow, and neither is Gran Turismo. I praise their abilities in game design and we love the franchise to bits, but blind adoration isn't my thing, sorry. What's wrong with giving them feedback and critically assesing their work? Granted, destructive criticism has no place in here, but my point is against those who disregard any kind of cricism as destructive criticism. And those are the acritical fanboys I was talking about.

This is the last time I'll answer this thread because I do not want it do derail even more. I'm actually thinking right now that a mod should lock it until we actually have something Gamescom-related worth discussing.

Granted, destructive criticism has no place in here.

So let me get this straight, you state this above, but prior to that, you did what was below...

GT fanboy-ism.
they exist and plague this forums
you jerk.

I got it... destructive criticism is acceptable to you if it's against the members with opposing views..

Won't answer to that one because it has nothing to do with me. When I have issues here they are with the arguments, not the persons.

But then, you close with this... which is it?

maxpontiac, we both love/like Pontiac, so anyone who thinks Pontiac is crap is not worth "it". :lol: I don't know. Maybe "THEY" do know.

*It's not negativity. It's being realistic and having expectations in line with the way PD have acted in the past. After the semi-fiasco we had with GT5, why do we have to be optimistic? Though, I agree that being absolutely pessimistic isn't right either.

*And, again, what's wrong with that? It is known that PD watches this forums so at GTP, as their most dedicated community, have every right to give them our feedback. The game has flaws, period. And not everybody goes around shouting them aloud without giving solutions. Most threads here that highlight flaws of the game have plenty of posts that answer with, usually realistic, ways they can be solved.

*Won't answer to that one because it has nothing to do with me. When I have issues here they are with the arguments, not the persons.

*I agree plenty of people make insensitive remarks about PD that are way out of line, but PD does diserve some of the flak they get. Lazy? Sure, it's the reason why we GT5 is full of tiny, easy to fix flaws that detract from the overall high quality of the game. Mediocre? Not quite because they surely know how to blow our minds away in some aspects, but they show hints of mediocrity in others.

Kaz and the crew at PD aren't a sacred cow, and neither is Gran Turismo. I praise their abilities in game design and we love the franchise to bits, but blind adoration isn't my thing, sorry. What's wrong with giving them feedback and critically assesing their work? Granted, destructive criticism has no place in here, but my point is against those who disregard any kind of cricism as destructive criticism. And those are the acritical fanboys I was talking about.

This is the last time I'll answer this thread because I do not want it do derail even more. I'm actually thinking right now that a mod should lock it until we actually have something Gamescom-related worth discussing.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh k.

I do like this model, though in the summer weeks after E3, it can be quite a drought - cough, hack. :P

But GamesCom could be a different story this year. As some of us have mentioned, GT6 is a current gen game with some pretty stiff next gen competition, not the least being Forza 5. While the Gran Turismo hype train is about as big as ever, the other guys aren't going to show up empty handed, and Kaz has to keep GT6 relevant. What's more, Europe is Gran Turismo's biggest market, where racing games sell like fast food, and SONY will be keen to insure that GT6 is on most gamer's menu. And as the last international games show before fall, GamesCom has become a serious venue for game studios and publishers.

I do expect something substantial at Tokyo Games Show in September, but even though the world has been focused on it for gaming news for years, it is more Nihonocentric.

I did want to remark a bit on this, because opposite thinking is a good thing. It furthers discussion and opens eyes to other points of view and ways of thinking. When done right. Kids being kids, and the nets being something of a wild frontier where people can say anything anonymously, there's a lot of dirtclod throwing. And it doesn't help when mods are arbitrary in swinging the infraction hammer. Being something of a libertarian, I think we should be able to police ourselves for the most part, until things are clearly getting personal and grudgy, but that's me. I probably wouldn't be worth my pay grade as a mod.

I'm even more of a student of life than when I was a teenager. I maintain a youthful wide-eyed-wonder attitude about everything, and while I'm something of a pessimist and misanthrope concerning human nature, on everything else I'm pretty much the optimist. I like learning new things, I like sharing new things, discussing new things, and I've rubbed shoulders with conservatives and communists, witches and Bible thumpers, and have managed to have very civil discussions with every one of them. Which makes this place so consternating, when a certain group of people feel the need to shoot down every positive balloon someone lets fly. It's just strange. People baffle me.

Whenever you lose that youthful exuberance and drive to know new stuff, that's when you begin to grow old, and I never intend to grow old.
:D
Just 👍

I'll definitely keep that in mind.

maxpontiac, we both love/like Pontiac, so anyone who thinks Pontiac is crap is not worth "it". :lol: I don't know. Maybe "THEY" do know

:lol:

You know something? Sadly I traded my Pontiacs off for a 2013 Chevy..

Now of course, all the while I let the dealership know how unhappy I was for not being able to purchase a Pontiac.:indiff:

In May we had the 15th anniversary event at Silverstone, and Silverstone Circuit was officially revealed.

In June we had E3 in Los Angeles, and Willow Springs International Raceway (~90 miles / 145 km north of LA) was officially revealed.

In July we had the Goodwood Festival of Speed, and the Goodwood Hill Climb Course was officially revealed.

In August we will have GamesCom in Cologne. The current pattern would imply a German track would be revealed at the event. There were Hockenheimring rumors for GT5, so this is a possibility. The Matterhorn is certainly much closer to Cologne than it is to Los Angeles, but for some reason PD revealed the Matterhorn track at E3. Hopefully this means there is something truly German to reveal at GamesCom.
https://www.gtplanet.net/hockenheim-circuit-coming-to-gran-turismo-5/

In September we will have the Tokyo Game Show. The Ginza district was teased in the NSX concept video, so a new Tokyo street circuit is a possiblily. Ginza could be a photo location, but PD has to include something new from Japan. Ebisu would be a very interesting addition.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismos-updated-seattle-circuit-apricot-hill-ginza-district-revealed-in-video/

In October there are rumors of an event in Rhonda, Spain to reveal the Ascari Race Resort. This would continue the pattern of revealing a track at or near the location of an event.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=283849

In November, we expect GT6 to go on sale. I've already pre-ordered for GameStop.

Obviously this logic leaves out Mount Panorama (Bathurst), but PD may save that for January/February 2014 DLC to coincide with the GT Academy winners entering the Bathurst 12hr. Brands Hatch has also been rumored for inclusion, but DLC seems more likely with 2 UK tracks already officially announced. Seattle, Apricot Hill, Special Stage Route 11, and other classic GT tracks could also early DLC candidates.

7 new track locations. 6 events over 6 months. 4 track locations revealed through the first 3 events; 3 track locations to go.

I do tend to post essays. ;) But to get a whole thought out for me takes a paragraph or two, especially something like my essay there.

I'm hoping we do get something juicy to yack about at GamesCom, something like the GTA TT demo is. I'm really wanting to get my wheel controller on the full fledged Yokohama tire model, and see what other goodies are in the oven for our Christmas banquet.

Latest Posts

Back