Sony Gamescom press - GT6 appearance

Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Sony will be showing off more about PS4 at Gamescom this year, starting with a press conference before the world's biggest games show.

The platform holder will once again host its conference on the Tuesday before the show (August 20th), returning to the Saatenhaus am Rheinpark in Cologne.

The conference will kick off at 7pm Central European Time (6pm in the UK), while doors will open at 6pm CET.

Sony has previously used the Gamescom press conference to announce price cuts for the PS3 and new line-ups for Vita, but the world will no doubt be hoping for more details on the release of PlayStation 4.

Rumours suggest Microsoft may also be holding a press conference at Gamescom but these have yet to be confirmed.

We are almost certainly going to see Gran Turismo 6 in the action so stay tuned!

What do you guys expect to be shown about GT6?

Regarding the OP, it is a bit too early to speculate what might happen at Gamescom, but don't expect as much hype as from E3.

However, I expect GT6 to show much and such the same as what was shown at E3. Maybe another new pre-rendered trailer with dubbed sounds, 1 or 2 new car, track and photomode locations revealed and not much else.

I recall gtp members attending gamescom prior to gt5 release, I think one of the members was Alba, lots of info from those who attended. I hope for the same this year if any of our members are fortunate to attend.

Regarding the OP, it is a bit too early to speculate what might happen at Gamescom, but don't expect as much hype as from E3.

However, I expect GT6 to show much and such the same as what was shown at E3. Maybe another new pre-rendered trailer with dubbed sounds, 1 or 2 new car, track and photomode locations revealed and not much else.

Not even the Course Maker? I'm pretty that may be shown there too, and probably customization as well.

I'm hoping, at the very least, to see the special 15th anniversary cars and a hint of Mount Panorama.

Definitely need some fresh news to keep us all going till GTA V.

The outside is very green and sunny, I'm sure you will like it.
Well, it's actually yellow grass and sunny here :sly: and I'm at sea level...

It's going to turn into a wishlist thread, regardless of intentions - that's just the way it is :indiff:

This has to be sarcasm or something. By the way, with a nick like AudiMan, why do you have a Vantage in your avvy?

No, I expect some of the toybox to be emptied to build hype for the upcoming release. Kaz has to do something serious, because those next gen guys, including a certain competitor, are going to be showing off some nifty stuff and flaunting the prowess and power of their respective platforms, PC and The ONE. And if he just pops out another trailer, a few million fans are going to get really grouchy. I expect to see some combination of these:
  • Some discussion of the game structure, how it compares to previous GTs, how GT6 has been enhanced to give it long term playability, used cars, possibly what damage system there is, etc.
  • A look at how comparable the not-Standard and Premium content is going to be, both cars and tracks, though of course everyone will be keen to know how the un-Premium cars are coming along. Some mention of the automakers and auto related companies included, racing league involvement, and of course some new cars and tracks will be showcased.
  • The Movie Maker should remain impossible because the PS3 isn't getting any more ram, but there should be some discussion over improvements to Photo Mode and some new photo locations.
  • An overview of all that customization stuff, with possible details involving the words "race modification" and "livery."
  • An expose about the Course Maker and its new environs, with a focus on Andelucia and what can be done with it.
  • I expect the offline part of the game to have been heavily worked on and features discussed.
  • I anticipate some light being shed on the a number of features revolving around a central theme. The car club, league building, race series and championships need some explanation to build hype for the game, and that central theme would be an Event Maker, useful both off- and online.
Stuff like that.

They'll show the fantastic and rarely used Classic Japanese Cars from the 90's 80's and 60's races.
Later a Nissan GT-R,
GT Academy talk,
More Nissan GT-R,
End of press conference.

:)

This has to be sarcasm or something. By the way, with a nick like AudiMan, why do you have a Vantage in your avvy?

No, I expect some of the toybox to be emptied to build hype for the upcoming release. Kaz has to do something serious, because those next gen guys, including a certain competitor, are going to be showing off some nifty stuff and flaunting the prowess and power of their respective platforms, PC and The ONE. And if he just pops out another trailer, a few million fans are going to get really grouchy. I expect to see some combination of these:
  • Some discussion of the game structure, how it compares to previous GTs, how GT6 has been enhanced to give it long term playability, used cars, possibly what damage system there is, etc.
  • A look at how comparable the not-Standard and Premium content is going to be, both cars and tracks, though of course everyone will be keen to know how the un-Premium cars are coming along. Some mention of the automakers and auto related companies included, racing league involvement, and of course some new cars and tracks will be showcased.
  • The Movie Maker should remain impossible because the PS3 isn't getting any more ram, but there should be some discussion over improvements to Photo Mode and some new photo locations.
  • An overview of all that customization stuff, with possible details involving the words "race modification" and "livery."
  • An expose about the Course Maker and its new environs, with a focus on Andelucia and what can be done with it.
  • I expect the offline part of the game to have been heavily worked on and features discussed.
  • I anticipate some light being shed on the a number of features revolving around a central theme. The car club, league building, race series and championships need some explanation to build hype for the game, and that central theme would be an Event Maker, useful both off- and online.
Stuff like that.

With all due respect, you're asking for too much like you didn't knew PD. And, by the way, it's not a Vantage, it's a DB5 :sly:.

I'm expecting nothing more than what we got at E3. A new trailer with a couple of pieces for us to descipher, maybe, maybe, a new demo build. That's it.

With all due respect, you're asking for too much like you didn't knew PD. And, by the way, it's not a Vantage, it's a DB5 :sly:.

I'm expecting nothing more than what we got at E3. A new trailer with a couple of pieces for us to descipher, maybe, maybe, a new demo build. That's it.

Well I can say one thing is that isn't Gamescom in Europe? Its the perfect place since Kaz said that's where the surprise is held in.

And don't say Silverstone because that doesn't count, that was for the annversary event. However at that event there was lots of info there too. :sly:

Stuff like that.

When have PD ever been that open and forthcoming with info?

Meh, couldn't care less about this, at least for now.

Probably a nice trailer and a few features will annouced/shown

Stuff like that.

We'll get a new trailer. That's about it.

Back