Sony Skips Two More Games Shows Citing Coronavirus Concerns

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 21, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

Damn plagues, ruining it for everyone.

GDC seriously has a whole page on its site about this too:

3. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

I understand the concerns, obviously, but this might be a bit much. Its an US event, after all. I hope things get sorted out in the next couple of months or the Summer Olympics are in serious trouble.

4. Famine

Famine Administrator

Quite so, but with over 100 confirmed cases Japan is the third most-affected country. It makes sense - especially given the long asymptomatic but infectious period - to not expose other people.
    The infection rate seems to be slowing from what I've seen, but yes. July, isn't it?

dlshearon likes this.
  5. ZedNinetySix

ZedNinetySix

At least somebody is taking precautions seriously! The government in Japan have been worringly careless of the virus. Welcoming all passengers of that cruisliner to land reguardless of those effected or not, it's erupted the national populace in fear of their govornment.

I'm glad Sony are taking great measure to not only reduce the risk for themselves, but also for their fans and other media personnel.

Pfei likes this.
  6. kikie

kikie Premium

Sony can host its own event in Japan and won't be affected by this Coronavirus at all.

Booo! Bad/stupid decision from Sony.

:D

7. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Every event that had people coming in from Asia has to consider the risks. Not to mention that it's often employees that knows stuff and is important to the companies that are representing in the booths. They are also at risk and even if that risk is small it's often not worth taking it.

8. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Oh Wuhan. The impact is very impeccable in terms of being significant even in the video game industry, indeed... :indiff:

9. GTnForza4ever

GTnForza4ever (Banned)

Bunch of no guts cowards... only 100 cases and they chicken out.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  10. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Expensive reveal events are overrated anyway Sony.

Just reveal the specifications and pictures here, on gtplanet and save some money.

You’re going to need it to pay for the rising costs of DRAM and the Rome CPU architecture.

davidt33 likes this.
  11. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

In this day and age, it's strange why these reveals can't be done online, like through a stream? I heard Linus Tech Tips mentioning that idea yesterday.

There's not much of a difference between a live stage reveal and a livestream reveal, is there? (talking about PS5 and other hardware)