Sony's E3 game list...........no GT5

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 145 comments
Kingdizzi
Since this news relates to GT5 in the sense of not being there :grumpy: I simply must post it here.

Here’s a list of games that are confirmed for E3. There will be more, but they will be surprises.

* Fat Princess
* God Of War 3
* Heavy Rain
* Infamous
* MAG
* Ratchet And Clank: Future A Crack In Time
* Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
* White Knight Chronicles
* Motor Storm Arctic Edge
* Socom: U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 3

I can only hope that the list is wrong (why have Infamous there when it releases before E3?) or Sony have the game as a surprise. If the game is there with a release date I fully expect it to be the final game shown with a lot of time spent giving the final features for the game. Also the article does say more games will be there but I have to say it is worrying.

If it's not there then 🤬

you shouldnt worry..

it will be at E3, even if its just a small video, that much publicity and ability to hype won't be missed

Yep looks like that will be the case, if I recall correctly it was not shown in any form last E3 so my guess is that during the end of the conference it's going to be a good ol' "before we finish today I would like to call onto the stage Kazunori Yamauchi!"

After that let's be honest, ***** gonna go down doug :P

No Gran Turismo on the list?.......Thats normal, it never is :lol:

Yep looks like that will be the case, if I recall correctly it was not shown in any form last E3

GT-TV was shown last year in the press conference, on the show floor the usual GT5P booths were there and KY did a couple interviews (where the 2010 rumour started)

BTW anyone got the info on what day and time the big three press conferences will be on?

Since this news relates to GT5 in the sense of not being there :grumpy: I simply must post it here.

Here’s a list of games that are confirmed for E3. There will be more, but they will be surprises.

* Fat Princess
* God Of War 3
* Heavy Rain
* Infamous
* MAG

I can only hope that the list is wrong (why have Infamous there when it releases before E3?) or Sony have the game as a surprise. If the game is there with a release date I fully expect it to be the final game shown with a lot of time spent giving the final features for the game. Also the article does say more games will be there but I have to say it is worrying.

If it's not there then 🤬
Every game on your list are games that already have info out there, which is why they are being up front about them. As they have already said that they still have more than half of their PSP lineup to reveal and this list only has two PSP games, I think it is safe to say that what is not on the list are the games that we don't already have details on.

What you see is a list of games that have already had info shown to the press. As the press has already been reporting on these games it is safe to release this list. Now, if they released a list of game names that we haven't heard anything about in a while, or even at all, Sony would be flooded with press calls digging for details, which will eventually lead to a leak.

I am guessing that someone asked Sony for a list and they copy and pasted a list of their "safe to talk about" games, which explains InFamous on the list.

Just remember, last year no one was saying that Microsoft would talk about FFXIII, Nintendo would outcast most of their core, or that Sony would launch its US PSN video store while they were talking. The big news is never revealed in advance.

Last edited:
GT5 would not be big news because everyone knows it is coming........since E3 2005 no less. I don't see any reason for anyone to think GT5 showing up as being a shocker unless of course people think the game is vapourware.

Forza 3 would be big news had it not been the worst kept secret in gaming. The "MEGATONZ" is the announcements people do not expect but as I said GT5 is not one of those. Say out of nowhere Ueda walks to the stage and shows Team ICO's new game that would cause people to go crazy. It has abolutely no info released unlike GT5 which has a 3 million selling prologue no less.

GT5 would not be big news because everyone knows it is coming........since E3 2005 no less. I don't see any reason for anyone to think GT5 showing up as being a shocker unless of course people think the game is vapourware.

Forza 3 would be big news had it not been the worst kept secret in gaming. The "MEGATONZ" is the announcements people do not expect but as I said GT5 is not one of those. Say out of nowhere Ueda walks to the stage and shows Team ICO's new game that would cause people to go crazy. It has abolutely no info released unlike GT5 which has a 3 million selling prologue no less.
What details do you officially know about GT5 that isn't in Prologue?

Look at what I said again.

Every game on your list are games that already have info out there, which is why they are being up front about them. As they have already said that they still have more than half of their PSP lineup to reveal and this list only has two PSP games, I think it is safe to say that what is not on the list are the games that we don't already have details on.

What you see is a list of games that have already had info shown to the press. As the press has already been reporting on these games it is safe to release this list. Now, if they released a list of game names that we haven't heard anything about in a while, or even at all, Sony would be flooded with press calls digging for details, which will eventually lead to a leak.

I am guessing that someone asked Sony for a list and they copy and pasted a list of their "safe to talk about" games, which explains InFamous on the list.

Just remember, last year no one was saying that Microsoft would talk about FFXIII, Nintendo would outcast most of their core, or that Sony would launch its US PSN video store while they were talking. The big news is never revealed in advance.
Admitting that GT5 is coming is not big news. Showing what GT5 will actually be is, as it always has been in the past. Everything on that list has had screenshots or trailers or dates or whatever. GT5 has had none of that and the best we have is Prologue, which should only be similar in graphics.

* Fat Princess
* God Of War 3
* Heavy Rain
* Infamous
* MAG

If it's not there then 🤬

Why would the list be wrong. i've bolded it where it says there will be suprises so that means some games will be suprises!

What details do you officially know about GT5 that isn't in Prologue?

That there will be more tracks and cars in GT5 compared to prologue :eek: You get me there, I actually thought info has released about a game announced 4 years ago but look at me here saying I am wrong about that. Crazy stuff.

Look at what I said again.

Admitting that GT5 is coming is not big news. Showing what GT5 will actually be is, as it always has been in the past. Everything on that list has had screenshots or trailers or dates or whatever. GT5 has had none of that and the best we have is Prologue, which should only be similar in graphics.

I do not see what would be so drastic between GT5 and Prologue which would warrant it as big news. We all know it will more cars, more tracks and perhaps a small graphical improvement during the polishing stage but it's not going to be anything major. Sure if damage shows up at E3 then I can say yes that's big news, if not it's just going to be as I said before more cars, more tracks and the other stuff which is standard with past flagship GT titles.

GOW III is showing up for crying out loud and it had nothing more than a in game trailer (and some terrible leaked footage). If that is showing up I see no reason for GT to be a surprise. The only reason I can see it being big news is that the game has had no info besides the prologue which is rather pathetic.......GT5 will be big news because people thought it was vapourware.

What do you expect to be big news in regard to GT5 that is not in Prologue?

That there will be more tracks and cars in GT5 compared to prologue :eek: You get me there, I actually thought info has released about a game announced 4 years ago but look at me here saying I am wrong about that. Crazy stuff.

GT5 was never announced 4 years ago, PD back then concentrated on Vision GT, then GTHD classic and premium, then GT5P and very soon GT5 will come to light. But there has been no official talk about GT5 only some comments in interviews (where KY keeps a lit on it by acting like they haven't thought about it).
In that way the game GT5 (not prologue) has never even been officially announced, it doesn't have a website (unlike prologue) and the official Gran Turismo site doesn't have a GT5 section (they have Gran Turismo news and GT5P news but no GT5).

It seems likely that E3 will be the official announcement and details of GT5.

GOW III is showing up for crying out loud and it had nothing more than a in game trailer (and some terrible leaked footage).
It has also been given a very rough storyline basis that was shown in the gameplay trailer (which is actually a second trailer) and a release timeline.

If it ads half the new features that are regularly discussed on here it will be huge for GT. But the big deal is that this is an eagerly anticipated title that they have kept all details under wraps. Just revealing car and track stats is big news because it is heavily desired news.

But I do not know what to expect because it has been kept such a close secret. Outside of what I have in Prologue all I have is rumor and speculation.

Also, keep in mind that a big deal for Sony doesn't always translate that way to fans. This is the same company that put out a press release notifying people of an upcoming announcement that they should watch for, just to have it be a price drop on the PS2. So, while you and I could sit looking at the GT5 info at E3 as the most boring or disappointing thing they could have said, someone at Sony could be thinking they have the biggest surprise of the century on their hands.

Judging by how little news we are getting I would say that someone at Sony is expecting to drop a huge surprise on us in regards to GT5, but that does not mean it won't be dropped at E3.

Basically, all I am saying is that if GT5 will be talked about at E3, which the GT series always has been, even if just minor details, the reason it isn't on this list is because it is still under a media blackout (hence Amar's cryptic posts), while none of these games are.

Very good point, recently I remember the Modern Warfare 2 announcement being hyped as "megaton" material even though those whom pay interest in gaming would have known that a long time ago.

Damage in whatever form or a release date I would think Sony would see that as huge news (TBH I would see that as huge news) so that could be the case. My guess still remains Yamauchi coming right at the end of the conference and revealing GT5 as well as GT Portable with release dates and final info on the games.

I hope its not at the end. The suspense would kill me.

GT5 is the last remaining game which will get holdouts to buy PS3s, that I'm aware of anyhow. I don't think FFXiii is in that state anymore. And with that number possibly in the millions, you can bet that GT5 news is high on most gamers' lists. It's one of the most discussed games at the PSU boards.

Maybe they're saving the bulk of it for the Tokyo Game Show, given that GT is Japanese after all.

It's definitely going to be at E3 is some form.

It's too big not to be there.

Maybe they will even make another special event, something like another GamersDay or a PlayStation Premier Party like in 2007.

If sony doesn't show GT5 at E3, blood will flow at Sony headquarters and their lifeless heads will roll.
I want to laugh and say that GT5 is not that important. But then I realized some people act like it is.

Maybe they're saving the bulk of it for the Tokyo Game Show, given that GT is Japanese after all.

My best guess would be that at E3 we get details about the game like the number of cars and tracks, release date, online features, etc. Then at TGS they will give us more details and features (weather, damage, etc) and some hands-on time for the media.

It's too big not to be there.
Considering that the largest share of Gran Turismo sales are in America and Europe, especially Europe these days, and with Leipzig canceled, there will probably be something substantial at E3. SONY is too used to Microsoft pulling stunts, so they're going to make sure they generate a big buzz which will carry through the rest of the year.

Er... and what FK said. ;)

E3 is gona be huge this year, from the facts i've read it's highly likely alot of big suprises are lined up, with the state of the economy and the steady sales in Games their is alot of money to be made and capitalised on.

FFXIII news and GT5 new's will definatly be high on the sony hype list

I will chuckle a fair bit if it isn't mentioned at E3, I look forward to the response here.
I will laugh at the posts saying they give up on the series and won't buy it - yeah right, if you're watching E3 for the next morsel of info, I think you are interested enough to buy it regardless the wait.

I want to laugh and say that GT5 is not that important. But then I realized some people act like it is.
GT5 is just a game, but if you find yourself having to tell people that it's not important, then it seems like you are the one taking it too seriously.

Also, your sense of humor needs fine tuning.

I don't see why people get so doom and gloom about the lack of info, if there reading this site and have a PS3 there getting GT regardless of what happens between now and then

If any of these things show up, it will be big news for the GT franchise:

1. Damage (duh)
2. Weather, time changes, etc.
3. Lamborghini or Porsche
4. Custom liveries, race modifications, editors, online options

And those are just off the top of my head of the most-discussed topics over the past year or so. As I said....even if ONE of these shows up...it will be news, let alone the track and car announcements from the hinted 90+ tracks and 600+ cars. I know a lot of racing sims already have these...but if PD does it, you know it will be grade-A quality, and for the series itself, they would be firsts for certain options.

Also according to Amar's first cryptic post, "all will be revealed no later than E3"...or something of that sort.

I'm 100% confident it will be there....there is no reason it should not be at E3, and as others have said, it would be a HUGE mistake for Sony and PD not to show it.

Back