Sony's E3 game list...........no GT5

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 145 comments
Well Forza 3 is confirmed to make an appearance at E3. Add to that, pretty much confirmed weather effects + late autumn/early winter release...

On the other hand we have nothing on GT(not even a confirmed appearance at E3), just Amars message...

Not dissing GT but man, releasing Forza3 right before GT sure would be a big blow for GT/Sony?

If you mean sales wise GT is a monster, releasing Forza 3 within a month of GT5 would be like MS sending Forza 3 to the land mines. :/ I just want the game to come out TBH and thankfully we should have a fare idea in a little over a weeks time.

Sales wise I am getting the impression more and more that either GT5 or GOW III will release this year so one of those two. I think it will be GT5 and even with Sony's marketing the game will be in the top 2 best sellers during the winter season.

of course i do! :dopey: but you know how the BIG fall update thing ended, so..

Well to note, Amar did hint of the 'King of the Feast' between then and around E3; if GT5 doesnt show up at the show, we can expect to see the game sometime winter 2010. :(

I think they will show GT, but some MENU maps, how my garage will look, updated MY PAGE, as well maybe little preview on live 24 hour day and nigth cycle, rest they will say "We are working on it"

1 more week to go... Im sure we get nothing... Not even one screenshot!

But I don´t care anymore,we will get supercar challenge in a few weeks...

youre sure were not getting anything?

I really would like to know, If PD isnt giving us anything, what they think about themselves. Producing such a great titel and not sharing any info at all. Nothing , Nada.

I need infos!!!

Chris

Heck even KOJIMIA is giving us a preview website before E3, and his games are sell outs from day one!

Comon PD, give us something!

Chris,

I don´t know it,it was only my opinion...

PD´s marketing is totaly crap... or they really got nothing yet and so they can´t show anything and need no marketing at the moment...

But GT is so good that they need no marketing,it will sell millions without one advertise...

Chris,

But GT is so good that they need no marketing,it will sell millions without one advertise...

i know, that is the amazing thing about GT. They can sell 100 of million copies, without even one AD. LOL

But i mean, its great that GT is so popular but PD should support its community at least.
If PD doesnt want any big ads (maybe cause of costs -which i doubt though), they should at least let the cummunity like GTPlanet have some infos. Like hand them over to AMAR and he then open thread with the news.

For PD thats 2 flies with 1 catch. The community got its so needed infos, plus GT gets it no cost AD anyways...

Chris

Its called anticpation, they release no information for ages then slam it in everyone's face at the last second.

Its called anticpation, they release no information for ages then slam it in everyone's face at the last second.
And we all squel like schoolgirls, then groan as the newbies flood our precious forums.

I really would like to know, If PD isnt giving us anything, what they think about themselves. Producing such a great titel and not sharing any info at all. Nothing , Nada.

I need infos!!!
I do too. This tight lid is both astonishing and exasperating. But the reason it's so tight can only mean that Turn 10 and PD are working like crazy to one up each other. Remember, the only thing we know about Forza 3 is that the speedboat water effects are going to be amazing. :lol:

Meanwhile, I'm sure Microsoft is furious that Prologue sold almost as many copies as FM2 in half the time. Plus, Prologue is actually out, with one third as many cars as they had in FM2, and online. What's more, Prologue was a platinum seller just from pre-orders! If that wasn't bad enough, even a whisper of GT5 news has the net flood with chatter about it, while Forza 3 is lucky to get a mention. While it's probably true that the guys up at Seattle are having fun playing with FM3's latest build, I'm also pretty sure there are Orcs with clubs banging on the windows, making them sweat. And it can't be any less serious at Polyphony HQ.

One thing all this secrecy should give everyone hope about is that, whatever is coming in Gran Turismo 5, it's going to be big. The military slaps a security blanket over stunning new weapon projects, not what the dinner menu for the week is. :sly:

The less news before E3, IMO, the more likely GT5 will be shown in an almost complete state, ready for a worldwide Christmas release.

Sometimes I think people forget Sony/PD are a business and need a mega Gran Turismo hit, this installment is arguably the most important since GT1 from a technical and commercial stand point.

^ Very much agree. SONY needs a game which will sell PS3s, and as I mentioned previously, GT5 is SONY's last big game people are holding out for. And all the mystery surrounding Gran Turismo 5 is helping to drive all the racing game makers to push themselves harder, too. This will mean better games for everyone. Even though the main battle is between GT5 and FM3 for bragging rights, the other developers will have to make something pretty darn cool to get noticed.

Still... I hope the next six days go pretty fast. I'll have to wait till I get home from work at 6pm. Tuesday is going to be anguish!

There is no way the next 6 days are going to be fast for me. I don't even have a job or school to take my mind off stuff.

You know, I must admit I find the complete silence from GT of late rather odd, most notable the lack of actual event changes in Prologue, and most often just changing tracks around, not to mention a recent update to the events that for the first time IIRC did not have any mention in the new section. This must be the calm before the storm.:P

Call me Crazy with a capital C.. but I've just had a crazy thought that maybe Kaz has an account on GTPlanet and is reading this. Just imagine, he's sitting there in his big fancey office, in his big huge black leather office chair reading all our posts and threads saying "hurry up, whens it coming out?" etc.. and probably laughing at us.

He can hardly even understand english (has a translator) so I doubt he is reading it, though he has said they have people checking blog, forums, reviews etc. SCEE has said they also keep an eye on things.

He can hardly even understand english (has a translator) so I doubt he is reading it, though he has said they have people checking blog, forums, reviews etc. SCEE has said they also keep an eye on things.

Maybe we should all learn how to read/write in Japaneese,maybe that would speed things up a bit...:dopey:

spyrrari.

What if he uses babelfish to translate to Japanese? :sly: Would that become as wierd as the other way around? Japanese to english is rather...:crazy:

Back