Sony's EV is Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 71 comments
If ever there was a time to add a proper city circuit, loop, section… something.

Also, reminds me when I thought of using GT6 as a way to try a car before buying. An EV is probably the closest vehicle to sample, in a game to real life.
For me, this is another day of wanting the NYC circuit to return. City circuits really are a dying breed in most simcade games.

I'm one to kinda like EV cars. Not to love, but to like 'em.

When I've got tired ears I drive one and I lower the Tires screeching noise to minimum, rids me of the headache and lowers the tinnitus from my mostly severe overbite.

I wish PD'd let us upgrade and/or swap the battery like Forza allows the players to do.

I'm also a sucker for oddball stuff.

Another one of those additions to GT where the actual player experience is secondary to PD ingratiating themselves within the broader motoring industry
Not a fan of EVs in general but we could have had an updated Tesla roster, Lucid Air, Rivian, Lotus Evija, Rimac Nevera, Pininfarina Battista, McMurtry Spierling, Hyundai Ioniq 5/6, Kia EV6 GT or even the Honda e.

But nope, here have a totally forgettable EV blob made by our boss company that has never done cars before and the driving experience is sure to be totally uninspiring.
For me, this is another day of wanting the NYC circuit to return. City circuits really are a dying breed in most simcade games.
Try GRID Legends. Codemasters still knows how to make great looking and driving city tracks.

PD's excuse is that city tracks take a lot more resources to model all the buildings and environments. Personally I'd ditch the 4 ovals and 4 rally tracks in the game for 1-2 returning or new city tracks.

Not a fan of EVs in general but we could have had an updated Tesla roster, Lucid Air, Rivian, Lotus Evija, Rimac Nevera, Pininfarina Battista, McMurtry Spierling, Hyundai Ioniq 5/6, Kia EV6 GT or even the Honda e.

But nope, here have a totally forgettable EV blob made by our boss company that has never done cars before and the driving experience is sure to be totally uninspiring.

Try GRID Legends. Codemasters still knows how to make great looking and driving city tracks.

PD's excuse is that city tracks take a lot more resources to model all the buildings and environments. Personally I'd ditch the 4 ovals and 4 rally tracks in the game for 1-2 returning or new city tracks.
yeah, instead of adding EV VGT, PD should add more real sports or super EV like you mentioned

I'm in the minority excited about this car.
Why? That's because this car is an EV with relatively practical specs for use in online races.
It doesn't have crazy specs that are useless like the VGT, nor is it a slow city car like the i3.
I'm only concerned about the gear ratio, but if things go well, this car will become one of the rare EVs in the PP600 class that can race on an equal footing with ICEs. Like the Model 3 and Taycan.

Also, the naughty kid in me insists on trying an "anti-Sony" livery on this car.
It would be a fun meme to give Sony's iconic car a Nintendo, Xbox, and Sega style liveries of their console war rivals.
I would love to see this car in the Hornet style from Daytona USA.

I'm in the minority excited about this car.
Why? That's because this car is an EV with relatively practical specs for use in online races.
It doesn't have crazy specs that are useless like the VGT, nor is it a slow city car like the i3.
I'm only concerned about the gear ratio, but if things go well, this car will become one of the rare EVs in the PP600 class that can race on an equal footing with ICEs. Like the Model 3 and Taycan.

Also, the naughty kid in me insists on trying an "anti-Sony" livery on this car.
It would be a fun meme to give Sony's iconic car a Nintendo, Xbox, and Sega style liveries of their console war rivals.
I would love to see this car in the Hornet style from Daytona USA.
Honestly the power and speed it seems to have excites me because I’m wanting to make an Electric GT grid (as in that one Model S concept presented to the FIA a while back) in GT7 for my custom races, and I need to balance this, the Model 3, Model S and Taycan together into one class. Hopefully we can put wings on this and tow hooks as well.

20830230150588710.jpeg

Last edited:
Let me preface by saying that I despise EVs being included in this game or any game like it. I strongly believe that EVs are ripping the soul out of the automotive industry and that soul is the foundation for my passion. It's saddening.

That said, conceptually I do like them including this in the game. The car was almost nothing more than a rumor for a while, and it seemed like Honda and Sony were waffling on whether or not to follow through. It's a neat way to "reveal" a new production car, by giving it to us first before anybody can even buy it. And it's kind of an obscure project so nobody knows if it'll even be successful. The car itself is boring as hell, don't get me wrong, and we all know exactly how it'll drive, just like any other EV.

But I might have to cop Afeela.

Last edited:
I kinda was expecting to AFREELA show up in GT sooner than later, i am suprised they decided not to put the S-Vision in the game as well

BUT, the thing it got my attention is the fact that PD will be working in the car and SHARING CAR DATA with HSM
I wonder what the other automakers that are not Honda are thinking now, "should we show our cars and car datas to a company that is acitively and pubically working in a future rival car?"

I wonder what implications this will have for GT7 and beyond, specially about licencing

Last edited:
This doesn’t bother me as much as the ambulance.
See for me, the ambulance at least has a lot more utility. A lot more unusual, but has a lot more modification options to give it many uses and mobility amongst lots of performance levels. EV’s generally lack customization, and don’t hold up with fuel consumption races. There’s been many cars that haven’t interested me much, but pretty much anything with an ICE and isn’t a VGT will have diverse function within the game.

Unless I can be proven wrong with customization options I don’t anticipate this being of much interest to me in the game (cool project IRL though). I will die on a hill for that ambulance though. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
See for me, the ambulance at least has a lot more utility. A lot more unusual, but has a lot more modification options to give it many uses and mobility amongst lots of performance levels. EV’s generally lack customization, and don’t hold up with fuel consumption races. There’s been many cars that haven’t interested me much, but pretty much anything with an ICE and isn’t EV will have diverse function within the game.

Unless I can be proven wrong with customization options I don’t anticipate this being of much interest to me in the game (cool project IRL though). I will die on a hill for that ambulance though. :lol::lol::lol:
I could understand that. My beef with the ambulance was that it was an afterthought. It was as if we got a moon rover with no moon to drive it on.

PD could have given us a city track with traffic to navigate to the scene of a horrendous VGT wreck where all the designers were about to bleed out.

At least then the ambulance would have had some thought behind it.

So this car is pretty much a Honda with Sony tech? I like the sound of that. 482 HP and 4WD drive is nothing to sneeze at and I'd be interested to see how it compares to the Tesla Model 3. It may not be the most exciting car but it's new and interesting, which is enough to get my attention.

It’s a joint venture with Honda. I’m sure they know what they’re doing.

Am I the only one who thought the best thing about its announcement, was the incredible trailer? Like @Keef, I think EV’s are the biggest funburglar’s in the auto industry. But man…that trailer was very well done! I was getting major New Retro Wave vibes 😎

Last edited:
I can see us getting to a position where you can test drive new cars virtually from home which is pretty cool. At least this is also a car that will end up going on sale too

This doesn’t bother me as much as the ambulance.
At least the ambulance had some fun factor to it and led to hilarious liveries and one make races
Personally I'd ditch the 4 ovals and 4 rally tracks in the game for 1-2 returning or new city tracks.
I would ditch them even without any compensation 😅
PD could have given us a city track with traffic to navigate to the scene of a horrendous VGT wreck where all the designers were about to bleed out.
Oh shoot, I am so slow with that thing, I am way too late, so sad. 🤣

Are they losing what this game is about?
I thought it's about getting and collecting cool cars, customization and tuning them and then having fun with racing them in challenging events or online. Now, can we consider this car cool? Hmm... Do we want to race this car? Hmmmmm...
Do we want GT to be marketing platform? Surely...
I'm "Team Ambulance" in this case. 😆

I thought it's about getting and collecting cool cars, customization and tuning them and then having fun with racing them in challenging events or online. Now, can we consider this car cool? Hmm... Do we want to race this car?
I'm not denying your feelings about this car, but there have always been cars that weren't cool or had boring performance since GT1.
One of the joys of GT was the freedom to enjoy a variety of cars, including those cars.

If GT was a game with only more "cool and serious" cars, this series wouldn't be as beloved as it is now.

If ever there was a time to add a proper city circuit, loop, section… something.

Also, reminds me when I thought of using GT6 as a way to try a car before buying. An EV is probably the closest vehicle to sample, in a game to real life.

True - nothing has made me as resolute as deciding NEVER to buy an EV as the experience of driving them in GT!

True - nothing has made me as resolute as deciding NEVER to buy an EV as the experience of driving them in GT!
I drove a Tesla Model 3 a few years ago and it was a cool experience. In life I don't mind a car to be a tool to go from place to place as efficiently as possible, and it could drive itself too, I'd be entirely ok. I have no pleasure to drive on most roads.

In this virtual world on the other hand I like a car that gives pleasure driving it, so the vacuum cleaners EV from real life should remain in the real world (as well as SUVs, busses and trucks).

I thought it's about getting and collecting cool cars, customization and tuning them and then having fun with racing them in challenging events or online. Now, can we consider this car cool? Hmm... Do we want to race this car? Hmmmmm...
funny how your question could be aimed at this car that debuted in a gt game way back in 2001

Attachments

• images (78).jpeg
    images (78).jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 9
Back