Sorry for thread

• Thread starter DirtDrift
  • 41 comments
Do they? Is anyone here a member so I can some questions? :) Or perhaps share some new information about the game! :) Something we have not heard yet! :) That would be nice!

Do they? Is anyone here a member so I can some questions? :) Or perhaps share some new information about the game! :) Something we have not heard yet! :) That would be nice!
Well there's me , drjustice, FLX, logiforce, nlx and a few others.

Then there are people such as johnnypenso who have spent so long In this sub forum that he's now pretty knowledgeable.

WMD members are under NDA's (Non Disclosure Agreement). These would have been agreed to as part of signing up to the PCars program. I know a few members who give me a bit of info every now and then, as long as I don't go posting it on forums everywhere it's cool with them.

It be nice if then can start leaking some nice information as its very close now to release date! :)

Don't think there is too much left to leak, lol. Game is out in a bit over a week, you'd be crazy to risk breaking an NDA and losing your profit share just to leak some random info.

Anyway dirtdrift, this is (another) pretty pointless thread made by you. We know you're enthusiastic about it all but just chill with the random threads

It be nice if then can start leaking some nice information as its very close now to release date! :)
We are always providing as much information as we possibly can without breaking the rules. But there are also people with less integrity on WMD, so any other information can usually be found too. So pretty much everything is on the table already.

Can any information on the AI be given? I know they are dynamic but if someone can explain how much you can customize the AI? How much aggression and so on?

There are no individual sliders for AI behaviour, just an overall slider. This is because there are so many options and behavioural traits that make up the drivers, moving one and not another may result in odd behaviour.

But with 95% does it mean they are almost perfect with no mistakes? If they are so many options as a driver why is that not reflected with the AI? It would be better if they progress and learn so over time they know what you do and can form an attack plan. :)

Does the Ai reflect many different attributes even though it is set at 95%? Or setting it at 95% make them all the same personality? Is that what your saying?

I do hope the Ai have personality and each one is different and not just slide to 95% and all them act the same.

But with 95% does it mean they are almost perfect with no mistakes? If they are so many options as a driver why is that not reflected with the AI? It would be better if they progress and learn so over time they know what you do and can form an attack plan. :)

Does the Ai reflect many different attributes even though it is set at 95%? Or setting it at 95% make them all the same personality? Is that what your saying?

I do hope the Ai have personality and each one is different and not just slide to 95% and all them act the same.
They are AI, not real racing drivers, so they will all act the same. Very few games (Only game that comes to mind is Forza 3) have adaptive AI that has each driver with different traits and stuff. For PCars it would be impossible to have 60 dynamic cars on track. Console or no.

Sorry Jason, that's wrong. If you set the AI to 95% for example, there will be a spread of drivers going from ~90% up to ~97%. If you set the grid to random, you will see the faster drivers move through the field. Within the AI settings, you have things like aggression, attack, defence, braking, spatial awareness, closeness to opponents, risk taking, and so on. But the AI is not linear, you might find that one AI driver might be rated 97 for braking but 92 for risk taking and 95 for closeness to opponents. The drivers do learn a little bit, but the majority of behaviour comes from pre-programmed abilities.

Sorry Jason, that's wrong. If you set the AI to 95% for example, there will be a spread of drivers going from ~90% up to ~97%. If you set the grid to random, you will see the faster drivers move through the field. Within the AI settings, you have things like aggression, attack, defence, braking, spatial awareness, closeness to opponents, risk taking, and so on. But the AI is not linear, you might find that one AI driver might be rated 97 for braking but 92 for risk taking and 95 for closeness to opponents. The drivers do learn a little bit, but the majority of behaviour comes from pre-programmed abilities.
Oh, wow, never thought it would be that complex for the AI. That is quite suprising.

You should have seen the individual AI sliders ingame when they still were exposed to the players. You would have passed out. :D
I love insignificant details in games and this far surpasses what I usually expect!!! I'm getting more hyped for this every day!

Will the AI try to overtake me or will they seat behind forever ? Will they actively look for the overtake - for example braking late ?

Will the AI try to overtake me or will they seat behind forever ? Will they actively look for the overtake - for example braking late ?
They should. Race would be boring if they just gave up once you overtook them.

Of course they do. I was fighting for the position in front of me, my move wasn't successful and so I got passed by the car behind me

Of course they do. I was fighting for the position in front of me, my move wasn't successful and so I got passed by the car behind me

I've actually had drivers faster than me close me down and pass me coming out of a slow corner. The AI does learn where they can pass you and make it stick. If they are alongside you with no chance of overtaking you, they will pull back and try again somewhere else. Or in the Clios, they'll push their way past (just rubbing, not barging or divebombing).

I've actually had drivers faster than me close me down and pass me coming out of a slow corner. The AI does learn where they can pass you and make it stick. If they are alongside you with no chance of overtaking you, they will pull back and try again somewhere else. Or in the Clios, they'll push their way past (just rubbing, not barging or divebombing).
Holy good god! Getting more hyped every hour now!

Hey Mr. Silva, thanks all this info regarding the AI! The waiting will hurt even more from now on.....=]

I want to be teased, but I don't want to know everything. And I certainly don't want private information to be leaked.

The details about the AI are cool, by the way.

Thanks for the answer, that sound fantastic. 👍

But to me there are the things that we all like to know that they are not sharing yet even though you have asked them about it.

So I like to know everyone thoughts on this. Can they share the information they know about PC and if they can why dont they share more. When I was told that we all need to share information of what we know on PC?
As I just told you in our conversation:

WMD members, including myself, have been answering every question and providing all the information we can share here for 3.5 years. I have even taken the time to answer questions to you personally, which should've been asked on the forum. Pushing us to reveal "secrets" in private or elsewhere is not on.

Please understand that:
1 - WMD members are under NDA, we share what we can, the rest has to stay on WMD.
2 - I can't keep on providing a private answering service for all things from game details through PC components to pirated builds.
3 - Questions are best asked on the forum because others can benefit from it, and they can be answered better where there are several people to give their input.

I don't know how to better explain this to you. In any case, and again, please take pCARS related questions to the open forum.

I'll add:
4 - The game is out in 10 days, and then you'll be able to find out more about all the details.

(Edit with clarification: with reference to the mention of the pirated build above, DirtDrift is NOT running that)

Last edited:

I've watched quite a few videos and I can tell you that from what I've seen, if the AI is close enough to make a move and you leave the inside door open, they will race through it. They are not shy about overtaking. They'll overtake outside too if you are overbraking up the inside as well.

Back