Sorry for thread

• Thread starter DirtDrift
  • 41 comments
I've watched quite a few videos and I can tell you that from what I've seen, if the AI is close enough to make a move and you leave the inside door open, they will race through it. They are not shy about overtaking. They'll overtake outside too if you are overbraking up the inside as well.
yes, if people watch Chillisteak's videos they'll see lots of diving up the inside by the AI as he likes to leave the door open then complain about the AI when they pass lol

Sorry Jason, that's wrong. If you set the AI to 95% for example, there will be a spread of drivers going from ~90% up to ~97%. If you set the grid to random, you will see the faster drivers move through the field. Within the AI settings, you have things like aggression, attack, defence, braking, spatial awareness, closeness to opponents, risk taking, and so on. But the AI is not linear, you might find that one AI driver might be rated 97 for braking but 92 for risk taking and 95 for closeness to opponents. The drivers do learn a little bit, but the majority of behaviour comes from pre-programmed abilities.

I was watching a video on AI at 95% and they can over taken very easily.
The Ai seems to have open space between the car you never really see them in attack mode where they try and over take other cars. They all just evenly space out why? I have not seen a video where you get several AI cars trying hard to over take one another.

You say within the AI settings?
But is there only one slide so what settings are you talking about?

I have seen an AI take out a real player when he reaches the finish line! :) That the AI can do! :)

I have seen chillisteak video but i also seen players who are real good in racing and they just pass all the Ai and well the Ai just gets further behind so why is that?

I was watching a video on AI at 95% and they can over taken very easily.
The Ai seems to have open space between the car you never really see them in attack mode where they try and over take other cars. They all just evenly space out why? I have not seen a video where you get several AI cars trying hard to over take one another.

Well, that's how racing works IRL. You'll have the most overtaking maneuvers right after the start. Once the field spread out you'll only see the occasional slipstreaming/outbraking moves.

You say within the AI settings?
But is there only one slide so what settings are you talking about?

There were lots of different AI sliders available during development.

I have seen chillisteak video but i also seen players who are real good in racing and they just pass all the Ai and well the Ai just gets further behind so why is that?

Alien drivers will always be faster than AI drivers unless you let the AI cheat (which would not be a good design decision IMO).

Well, that's how racing works IRL. You'll have the most overtaking maneuvers right after the start. Once the field spread out you'll only see the occasional slipstreaming/outbraking moves.

So then once they are all spread out you wont find the Ai trying to over take to be the winner!!! :) I asked this because it was commented on this in the vidoes that they dont try to over take like a player gain speed and over taking the AI.

There were lots of different AI sliders available during development.

But the final release wont have these sliders as it will be too much confusion? So that means that when you set it to 95% then it could vary as cookie monster said?

Alien drivers will always be faster than AI drivers unless you let the AI cheat (which would not be a good design decision IMO).

Alien driver who are they?????

So then once they are all spread out you wont find the Ai trying to over take to be the winner!!! :) I asked this because it was commented on this in the vidoes that they dont try to over take like a player gain speed and over taking the AI.

Of course they try to overtake you and yes, they also use the slipstream effect. You have to keep in mind that, unless you are leading, you also get the slipstream advantage from the cars in front, which nullifies the advantage of the AI behind you.

But the final release wont have these sliders as it will be too much confusion? So that means that when you set it to 95% then it could vary as cookie monster said?

Yes, the AI ability varies a bit between the field.

Alien driver who are they?????

"Alien Driver" is a term to describe sim racers that are incredibly fast. Faster as the regular human, hence the "Alien" term. :D

As I just told you in our conversation:

WMD members, including myself, have been answering every question and providing all the information we can share here for 3.5 years. I have even taken the time to answer questions to you personally, which should've been asked on the forum. Pushing us to reveal "secrets" in private or elsewhere is not on.

Please understand that:
1 - WMD members are under NDA, we share what we can, the rest has to stay on WMD.
2 - I can't keep on providing a private answering service for all things from game details through PC components to pirated builds.
3 - Questions are best asked on the forum because others can benefit from it, and they can be answered better where there are several people to give their input.

I don't know how to better explain this to you. In any case, and again, please take pCARS related questions to the open forum.

And I did not push you for any secrets i just PM you to find out a few things since i could not find it on the web
I have not been going on for months only for a short while. And if i was member of the forum I would not have said that about you. If I cant answer you i would say so.

I asked you cause before i was getting assumption answers so I thought best to ask a member.

I have not asked you of all things about the game only a little info.
Like others have done and have no problem with it.

If I have been asking you non stop for a month then it might be excessive but I have not.

Again I would not have replied like you if I was member of PC.

I don't have pirate builds too so not sure why you mentioned that.

I don't know why your so against asking some questions, if my questions benefit the forum then why dont you ask them on the forum yourself? Or if it has been asked you could have PM me and told me.

Why is it so wrong asking a Private question? Other members are cool with it why not you?

If I wanted my questions to be made public i would do so. So your response is very strange where private questions for you seem to be something that you don't like. As you keep saying post on forum so others can benefit.

There is already alot of information on PC and no one would benefit from the things i asked as you can see for yourself. They already know alot and tell me I am making noises.

Again I am sorry for disturbing you and your response is extremely strange. I have not met anyone on any forum when I ask them a PM question to keep telling me to ask it publicly so others can benefit.

PEOPLE DON'T NEED ME TO TELL THEM ABOUT PC. THEY WANT ME TO SHUT UP!
PEOPLE NEED YOU BECAUSE YOU KNOW MORE.
SO ITS VERY STRANGE YOU THINK MY QUESTION CAN BENEFIT EVERYONE.

Last edited:
I don't have pirate builds too so not sure why you mentioned that.
I specifically said you're NOT running it.

As for the rest, that is quite unfair, and a very strange view of things. I see that there's no way I can make myself understood. Hopefully you will enjoy the game in the end :)

I don't know why your so against asking some questions, if my questions benefit the forum then why dont you ask them on the forum yourself? Or if it has been asked you could have PM me and told me.
If @DrJustice was "against [people] asking some questions" he likely wouldn't have come forward with information in the first place, unless his intent is to taunt us. Wish is clearly not the case as far as I'm concerned.
So your response is very strange where private questions for you seem to be something that you don't like. As you keep saying post on forum so others can benefit.
I have not met anyone on any forum when I ask them a PM question to keep telling me to ask it publicly so others can benefit.
Why should @DrJustice want to answer the same questions separately to n+1 members when it can be posted in a thread for all to see? Skipping the PMs makes perfect sense.

Berating the very person you want information from is a perfect way to make them clamp up and I for one would do the same thing in his shoes.

You win the internet.jpg

But I should not be told off cause I wanted to PM Drjustice
And I did not pressure or scold or criticize DrJustice about questions I have asked him.
I have PM others and it was all very pleasant.

I started this thread not to shame Drjustice as I did not mentioned anything about him on post until he post a replied about me.

It would have been nice that i could just ask him about things and if he does not know just let me know.

Anyway sorry for all this and I apologize for any inconveniences I have caused.

Yes I am sorry Johnny and hawk about it.
We all make mistakes but nothing is needless

Matthew 7:12
Do to others what you like them to do unto you.

Yes we would all like the game and we will all finally know what the game is all about! :)

Back