Sound Off! Aren't We Forgetting Something?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 130 comments
  • 5,741 views
The differences between GT3 and GT4 will be more than improved graphics and extra modes such as photomode. The driving physics will be completely different, especially if using the DFP.
 
I remember that they had one of the guys from Call for help on the show who built an impressive race rig that he had on the show once. MW drove it and to say none the less but the guy knew ALOT more about racing games than the whole Xplay staff put together.

You are refering to Yoshi... He is a huge racing fan... I wish he did the racing reviews...

Morgan Webb dose fill out a sweater well, though.

That seems to be one of the only reasons I still watch the show...

;)
 
i am a bit dissapointed ocer online play dropped but it shouldnt stop anyone from looking forward to gt4. I cant get enough of the gt series, its so in depth. By the way i am kind of new here. I used to go under a different name but i lost that login and so this is my new one. I just have one question, wasnt GT4 meant to have like 1000 cars. I know i sound like a dick but thats what i thought. Is it possible that they will have an Nissan NX2000 in the game. My friend burns me by saying there will be an exa in the game but not an NX. The NX followed on the exa series so it should otherwise i will be a little bit more dissapointed.

Since GT is so accurate i wanted to do some tests to see what setups work better with my car.

Is it possible to here different blow of valve of turbo sounds and also engine sounds. I sure hope u can customize each vehicle the way you want.

Last question, did they incorparate real aftermarket parts into the game apart from wheels eg.. apexi, hks, blitz and greddy. THAT would be awesome...

Thanx
 
TheCracker
...we have seen release date after release date postponed so often and PD's excuse has usually been that the Online play is taking longer than expected to impliement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the very first "official" release date as announced by PD was.. um.. Dec 3rd of this year? I don't recall ANY other announced release dates. All there's been is guesses within the news industries and places like IGN making up release dates that all the other news companies put up as "official".

You are correct that online was the main reason for the delay. But I'm GLAD that things turned out the way they did. With no online, the game would have been released a year ago, and would be lacking off of the great new features that have been added this year (tweaked physics engine, 250% improvement in graphics, etc). The online delays gave the other parts of the development team more time to tweak, resulting in a BETTER product.

And I'll ask this again.. Would you really want to wait until December '05 or February '06 for the "full" online version?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this thread is not a "OMGWTFBBQTheyDroppedOnline" thread... it's meant to point out there are OTHER things about the game worth playing, that online isn't the center of the frikkin' universe.
 
Well, to come back on the guesses about what the Online version released later will be like, I'll tell you one thing: I'm hoping there will either be no new cars and tracks or if there are, that the price of the disk will be like 10-20 bucks, not more.

Because I would be so pissed if PD releases a disk with 10-20 super hot cars and 3-4 new super hot tracks, forcing me to buy it even if I can't go online due to the lack of broadband in my area.

See ya :sly:
 
silviadrifter
You are refering to Yoshi... He is a huge racing fan... I wish he did the racing reviews...



That seems to be one of the only reasons I still watch the show...

;)

me too.

mmmmm... sweater-puppets.
 
Lambo88
Because I would be so pissed if PD releases a disk with 10-20 super hot cars and 3-4 new super hot tracks, forcing me to buy it even if I can't go online due to the lack of broadband in my area.


I’ll take all the versions and updates I can get my hands on despite lack of broadband access.
 
Yeah, but would you be able to play it withou getting on the internet? The way everyone describes it is that new cars and courses would only be available in Online Mode (if it ever happens). I doubt PD would change it so that there are new races in simulation mode. The only spot you would be able to race them is in arcade which is nowhere near as good as simulation.
 
Driftr buddy... I don't know whether to say "welcome back" or "welcome to GTPlanet," so I won't comment on anything related to that.

As mentioned, online play was the bigtime feature. Does it mean that GT4 is nothing without it? If Tom Brady wasn't the starting quarterback for the New England Patriots, would the Patriots miss out on a chance to win another Super Bowl? If Michael Schumacher wasn't in the race, would it mean that another blowout wouldn't still happen? I've been on the premise that it's okay to be disappointed about no online play beyond LAN. You still have a solid racing game to be proud of, even if the AI is like bumper cars. So let's not be FULLY disgusted in GT4. You still have a great game of Gran Turismo racing. If America was disappointed that it didn't get the fully tricked-out Mitsu Lancer in 2001 or 2002, did we fret? Well, many of us did. But a couple of years later, we get the Evo VIII. And all the Lancer owners wanted to do one thing best: PWN the Imprezas. So while it's going to take time for online play, you can be a little more patient, yes? If us GT fans waited for two or three years for GT4, then the wait was for a good cause.

I'm expecting some negative comments, but if you ask me... if you like GT4 and you wanted online play, get GT4 first. Be sure to enjoy and savor the experience. Because when the online-beyond-LAN version comes out, you'll be able to appreciate the multiplayer experience, but not before understanding what the single-player experience is like. Sure, more money down the drain over the course of at least Dec 2004 and Dec 2005, but that's why you can sell the non-GT4 version to a game store or something. Like I said. One word. Improvise.
 
One thing that will concern me when the online version of GT4 is released is how it will handle dirty drivers.

In games like NFSU (need for speed underground), there are no repercussions for bad driving. You can smack walls, bang into other cars at 100+ MPH, and do whatever you want, basically.

Like NFSU, GT4 doesn't model damage (correct me if I"m wrong). If there is no system in place that penalizes bad drivers (in whatever form) GT4 online will suck badly.

It'll be very interesting to see what polyphonic puts in place to encourage clean driving. No one will want to log into online sessions where dirty drivers and cheats can win easily. I've seen enough of that in NFSU thank you. It would be a shame if this problem mars what should be the nirvana of car simulations.

PrecisionD
 
PrecisionD
One thing that will concern me when the online version of GT4 is released is how it will handle dirty drivers.

In games like NFSU (need for speed underground), there are no repercussions for bad driving. You can smack walls, bang into other cars at 100+ MPH, and do whatever you want, basically.

Like NFSU, GT4 doesn't model damage (correct me if I"m wrong). If there is no system in place that penalizes bad drivers (in whatever form) GT4 online will suck badly.

It'll be very interesting to see what polyphonic puts in place to encourage clean driving. No one will want to log into online sessions where dirty drivers and cheats can win easily. I've seen enough of that in NFSU thank you. It would be a shame if this problem mars what should be the nirvana of car simulations.

PrecisionD

They have a time penalty in place... When you hit a wall or another car you are penalized for like 10 seconds or so... For that amount of time, your car can't exceed a pre designated speed...


;)
 
Back