Sound Off! Aren't We Forgetting Something?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 130 comments
  • 5,741 views
thats right...im not much in2 online play, buh i agree it would b a great fun if it did hav great online play, buh mostly its mostly about kids who wanna drift buh cant cuz of the underage factor...so GT4 and its new physics is a way to c drift in a new form cyber wise
 
San Andreas in 24 days? Hmm. I should like this one, having played GTA3 and Vice City. Will do, Zhukov.

Alright, folks. Looks like a nice discussion after what I've seen here from you all. Thanks for sounding off, nice to have your opinions. So it seems like a lot of you haven't forgotten or at least neglecting several other issues about GT4. And many of you don't want to wait for next year to get online play. I salute you GT fans. You're saying that you love the game regardless and haven't forgotten about many of the other features besides online capabilities. I'm not hating if you want the online play version of GT4. After all, you like GT4 and you're looking forward to it. It's like trying to get a car. You know, you can buy a car without options (let's say the Mazda RX-8 for example), or you can option-out a car to meet your needs and wants. After all, you're still getting a car.

Well, continue with the sound off. Carry on with me.
 
get over it you sad gt players play mashed. lots more fun
 
213101
get over it you sad gt players play mashed. lots more fun

It seems mashed is all your interested in, so why the hell do you bother coming to a GT board?

Of course Mashed is a great simulation of driving, superb physics engine, the graphics and sound are fantastic, loads of real life tracks, and 650+ cars :sick:

Oh no sorry thats GT4, Mashed is pure Arcade Cheese Fun!
 
Homer_SS
This is never going to end..........👎
I bet you any amounts of money that IF gt4 was t ocome with online... in aboot a week or so after the game is realeased, people would be back here B*tch*n and moaning about how Amateurs keep raming them into the wall and what not

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:


No matter what Polyphony does there will always be idiots that are unsattisfied with the game.👎
*scratches head* That's what gaming clans are for. Ya know, if GT4 does get released online, what's to stop us from setting up our own 'exclusive' little cult following ... I mean, club following ... where we can race against each other? Who likes the idea of that? Racing exclusively against other people you know aren't going to slam you into a wall to pass you a la Michael Schumacher Adelaide 1994? Mind you, I'd be excluded because I haven't had much of a chance to get on GT lately so I'm really rusty ...
 
I thought that the point of this entire thread was to stress the one simple fact that we should all appreciate.... GT4 will be years of entertainment with or without online playability... sure there will always be people who are not happy with certain features of GT4... mostly they're called Xbox users! :D

Expanding on my previous comments about online play leading to negativity, you only have to look at the number of people with 100% win ratios in GT3 to realise that there will be alot of folk not used to losing most of their races...
 
Someone in this thread mentioned something about the Pontiac Trans Am. I was just wondering why we haven't seen in any of the previous GT's. Or is the main reason that we haven't seen it is because PD never had the Pontiac license until GT4? Now that they do have the license, is there a licensing issue with the Trans Am?
 
''Aren't We Forgetting Something?''

Yess, we forget that we get another GT game after GT4 on PS2, oo yheaaaaaa... :dopey: :sly: :cheers: ;)
 
zonekill
''Aren't We Forgetting Something?''

Yess, we forget that we get another GT game after GT4 on PS2, oo yheaaaaaa... :dopey: :sly: :cheers: ;)

No way, GT5 will be on Playstation 3; featuring blue-ray technology, 2,001 cars and 180tracks. Physic system EXACTLEY matching real-life driving with simulater tires on. Boost gauges, life mode where you higher engineerers and technicians. All sorts of things. Trust me, I have inside sources.
👍
 
Zhukov
No way, GT5 will be on Playstation 3; featuring blue-ray technology, 2,001 cars and 180tracks. Physic system EXACTLEY matching real-life driving with simulater tires on. Boost gauges, life mode where you higher engineerers and technicians. All sorts of things. Trust me, I have inside sources.
👍
That sounds about right with GT5. I can only imagine how many features that will have. :drool: and how many delays
 
Zhukov
No way, GT5 will be on Playstation 3; featuring blue-ray technology, 2,001 cars and 180tracks. Physic system EXACTLEY matching real-life driving with simulater tires on. Boost gauges, life mode where you higher engineerers and technicians. All sorts of things. Trust me, I have inside sources.
👍
Yeah sure 👎

I can garauntee that by the time gt5 will come out it will be nothing like you just said. Plus I read a couple of places that sony is going to be dropping bluray in favour of some better technology?
Anyways i think he meant that theres going to be GT4 ONLINE. I guess its technically another gt game for ps2.
 
I'm perfectly happy with a non-online version of GT4... I'm glad PD didn't sacrifice the offline content just so people could race online... I will get plenty of enjoyment out of Simulation mode, just like I have with every game in the GT series...

I'll buy the online version as well, but the offline content is what keeps me buying GT games...


;)
 
Homer_SS
I read a couple of places that sony is going to be dropping bluray in favour of some better technology?

Um.. WHAT better technology? Granted, there is a "better" disc out there, a new 1000GB disc, but it's very early in development, and nowhere near being production-ready. Blu-Ray is the next best thing to that, and far superior to both DVD and HD-DVD.

If you have a link to this article where Sony said this, by all means..

Also bear in mind that Blu-Ray is only a storage medium.. Like the DVD-ROMs used on most PS2 games, it just means they can store more on the disc than before, that's all. It won't really affect the way the game itself plays, that'll rely on the PS3 hardware itself.

Some of those new modes sound interesting, but at this point it's just rumor.. as I recall, PD only just got the PS3 dev kit, it'll take them quite a while to figure out what can be done with it. I do know we can expect it to look that much better than GT4, though. :)
 
Zhukov
No way, GT5 will be on Playstation 3; featuring blue-ray technology, 2,001 cars and 180tracks. Physic system EXACTLEY matching real-life driving with simulater tires on. Boost gauges, life mode where you higher engineerers and technicians. All sorts of things. Trust me, I have inside sources.
👍

Did i wrote GT5??? No. I meant the version with online.. GT4.1 but that is another GT game on PS2!!!!;) 👍
 
Remeber ps3 is a long ways to go...... and technology is constantly moving....just last week a company released a holographic disc that can hold over a TERABYTE of data. Im just saying that within the couple of years it takes ps3 to come out im pretty sure sony could find better means of storage. :)
 
My point was simply that the terabyte disc is too far away from production. Even when the PS3 is ready to go, that technology won't be. Blu-Ray is nearly ready now, and it'll be in full production right around the time the PS3 comes out.
 
One can hope:indiff:

Imagine what you could do to GT with a TERABYTE of space...... they could implement every single request and still have room for more.:dopey:

Think about it..............3D wheels!!!!!!!!!!:dopey:
 
Features and things like wheels aren't dependant on the storage medium, they're dependant on the system itself.. whether the PS2/3 can push that number of polygons on-screen. PS2 probably can, and I know the PS3 will.

What it does mean is more cars and more tracks. The downside of this is that it'll take a lot longer to get the game made, since all those cars have to be tweaked individually to handle like the real thing.

If the rumor of 2000+ cars is true, maybe I'll finally get to drive MY car in the game! LOL It's gotten to the point where when I go shopping for my next car, I might limit it to only cars in the game. :)
 
Jedi2016
LOL It's gotten to the point where when I go shopping for my next car, I might limit it to only cars in the game. :)
Wow.......True enthusiast! :)
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

The announcement of no online mode didn't dissapoint me that much. I still day dream at night about all the cars and features in GT4! :O:O I still do dream about McCutey TOO!!!! :O:O:O Anyways, its okay that PD doesnt include onlinem ode for this GT, but I am sure they will do it for GT5! We will all have to see how GT4 turn out and wait for GT5, but GT4 is already GOOD enuogh for now in my opinion! :O:O
 
I love the Gt fan attitude of "well they promised it this time, but it's not in, but it will be in the next one, we don't mind PD, take out all the features you want!", this seems to go on and on and on...
 
The annoucement of No online does not pisses me at all because I was not going to use it anyway. But what I find intelligent is that PD decided to stop the damn delays for online mode because many people did not give a **** about it and that they realised it may be impossible to implement in time, if at all.

So thanks to PD

See ya :sly:
 
I didn't see the point in online play in GT4 anyway. It's such a huge game in single player mode, you'd spend more time trying to beat it and get cars and stuff, than racing online and getting frusterated with the cheaters hitting you and stuff. I personally was hoping they wouldn't implement online mode into GT4...and they didn't, more room for something else.. :)
 
Do you all think this GT4 Online for next year is more of an option, than a totally different GT4? I think when Sega GT was released on the XBOX, there was Sega GT 2002, but there was later Sega GT Online. I don't know much about both of these Sega GTs, but I don't know if there were newer cars and tracks within the games.

And I remember from my topic "Can Cars Sparkle?", I was told about sun glare on the windshields, but never really seen anything. So I'm going to have to look up more pictures of Sega GT. The question: do you all think GT4 Online for next year is more of an option than a totally different GT4?
 
I know John has moved the topic on a bit since his original post, but since i was away last week i thought i'd have my 'two-pence-worth'

I dont have broadband at home now or in the foreseeable future, but i was disapointed to hear about the no online mode anounsment from the tokyo show for two reasons:

1) I will be extremly pissed-off if i've had to wait for over a year for GT3 with a few extra tracks (over what we have already got in previous games, including Prologue) and a few new cars (i've only seen no more than a handful of cars in GT4 screenshots that i'm actually looking forward to driving) and a bunch of lame extras like photo-mode or the 'Team Manager' sections.

2) Every time GT4 has been delayed, they have always used the 'difficulties with online play' line as an excuse.

As already mentioned on the first page of this thread:

GT1 was a totally original game in its genre that really revolutionised the way we play racing games

GT2 expanded GT1 into a new direction adding new features that actually enhanced the game

GT3 gave us a version (really only a cut-down version of GT2) of the great game that GT had become onto a new platform with much better graphics and realism, although, IMO, it didn't have the lasting appeal of GT2

GT4, especially when it will now have good direct competition like its never had before, really needed to move the game on at least as much as GT2 did over the original game. But instead they seem to have shot themselves in the foot by analy trying to thrash as much detailing out of the PS2 as possible and adding frivolities with little lasting appeal at the expense of making it a better gaming experience.
 
I want to get naked and rub the GT4 DVD box all over my body.
 
TheCracker
I know John has moved the topic on a bit since his original post, but since i was away last week i thought i'd have my 'two-pence-worth'

I dont have broadband at home now or in the foreseeable future, but i was disapointed to hear about the no online mode anounsment from the tokyo show for two reasons:

1) I will be extremly pissed-off if i've had to wait for over a year for GT3 with a few extra tracks (over what we have already got in previous games, including Prologue) and a few new cars (i've only seen no more than a handful of cars in GT4 screenshots that i'm actually looking forward to driving) and a bunch of lame extras like photo-mode or the 'Team Manager' sections.

2) Every time GT4 has been delayed, they have always used the 'difficulties with online play' line as an excuse.

As already mentioned on the first page of this thread:

GT1 was a totally original game in its genre that really revolutionised the way we play racing games

GT2 expanded GT1 into a new direction adding new features that actually enhanced the game

GT3 gave us a version (really only a cut-down version of GT2) of the great game that GT had become onto a new platform with much better graphics and realism, although, IMO, it didn't have the lasting appeal of GT2

GT4, especially when it will now have good direct competition like its never had before, really needed to move the game on at least as much as GT2 did over the original game. But instead they seem to have shot themselves in the foot by analy trying to thrash as much detailing out of the PS2 as possible and adding frivolities with little lasting appeal at the expense of making it a better gaming experience.


remember that gt3 was supposed to be like a "gt concept" of sorts...

wait till gt4 gets here, it could surprise us.
 
code_kev
I love the Gt fan attitude of "well they promised it this time, but it's not in, but it will be in the next one, we don't mind PD, take out all the features you want!", this seems to go on and on and on...

What else can we do? In all seriousness.
 
Back