Sound Off! Aren't We Forgetting Something?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 130 comments
  • 5,741 views
If you seen G4TV.com on G4TechTV, I heard that there were rumors of Voice Chat problems or something like that. And the English dude on the show said that "online play was the general feature of the game." Co-host Tina Wood (also known as "T-Dub") was also disappointed about this issue. But anyhow, it's still a great shame.

Now, I will admit. If a game's biggest feature is online and online is taken out even if by a last-minute decision, it's going to p*ss off people. Now, there will be people who care about it, and then those who couldn't care less (myself included). Now, I'm on the premise of saying in this arguement that "online is fun, but not ESSENTIAL to a game's success." The only time should such a game be when the game is like Super Smash Bros., a sports game (racing is considered a sport, but I mean like American football, rugby, soccer, basketball, that sort of thing), or even games like the Unreal Tournament and Championship series. The Unreal Tournament/Championship series is a special case. It's because the game isn't like a pure action game. Instead, I consider this more like a sports game... just with guns and inventory items. And when you have a game where you're battling bots like UT, you know, you just HAVE to get online to take on others once you're done OWNING the bots.
 
In case someone asks, let me answer. "So John, why do you think it's okay to say that wanting to get online is okay in Unreal Tournament/Championship, but not in GT4?" Well, two reasons. First off, I don't really recall of Gran Turismo shining as a multiplayer game because I know it's all about the solo experience. Then second off, Unreal Tournament/Championship is MADE for online play and shares a great following in the gaming industry. But as I said before, GT4 is trying something new and when the online deal with GT4 was ditched at the last moment, I just think that even though no online play is a shame, we still have a great game on our hands. Take photos. Race around. Feel the Impact Penalty. And as I've said before, you can always improvise with LAN online play.

True to American racing, Speed Channel had a rather nice segment on how EA Sports made "NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005." Now when are we going to see something cool on Gran Turismo 4 on Speed Channel, eh? (I'm supposed to do that "odd" EmotIcon, but I don't know how to.)
 
JohnBM01
In case someone asks, let me answer. "So John, why do you think it's okay to say that wanting to get online is okay in Unreal Tournament/Championship, but not in GT4?" Well, two reasons. First off, I don't really recall of Gran Turismo shining as a multiplayer game because I know it's all about the solo experience. Then second off, Unreal Tournament/Championship is MADE for online play and shares a great following in the gaming industry. But as I said before, GT4 is trying something new and when the online deal with GT4 was ditched at the last moment, I just think that even though no online play is a shame, we still have a great game on our hands. Take photos. Race around. Feel the Impact Penalty. And as I've said before, you can always improvise with LAN online play.

True to American racing, Speed Channel had a rather nice segment on how EA Sports made "NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005." Now when are we going to see something cool on Gran Turismo 4 on Speed Channel, eh? (I'm supposed to do that "odd" EmotIcon, but I don't know how to.)

I wish speed channel had more FIA WRC coverage than NASCAR shows.

It's crazy! Like 60 percent of all their programming is turning left and documenting how people turned left in the past. No offense to Nascar fans, I'm just not into that form of motorsport.

Anyway, I see your point: GT was never centered around Online play or even multiplayer, so they don't need to change that now. Right?
 
kinigitt
I wish speed channel had more FIA WRC coverage than NASCAR shows.

It's crazy! Like 60 percent of all their programming is turning left and documenting how people turned left in the past. No offense to Nascar fans, I'm just not into that form of motorsport.

Anyway, I see your point: GT was never centered around Online play or even multiplayer, so they don't need to change that now. Right?
I don't think GT has to. They can be very successful without them, but they add a nice touch.
 
kinigitt
yes!

What do I win?

Sex, now go get some.

kattcool106 if that tunneling program stuff does work with GT4 screw the online version unless if PD includes Lambo,ferrari,porsche then i'll buy it. :)
 
Homer_SS
Sigh.............................. were such blind followers!
Its like herding cows to slaughter house.
Us beingthe cows, Polyphony being the shepard, and the game stores as the sluaghter houses. :(


...and 'GT4 Off-line' being the electrodes!
 
kinigitt
question is:

Would you spend that much money if you had other, complete games to buy?

And it would depend if you you have the money to burn as well.

People have bills to pay and myriad other expenses, so I don't think a person would be considered "cheap" if they were turned off by the idea of being charged full admission for what is, at the very least, a patch, and at most an expansion.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

YES I WOULD spend THAT much just to get a tiny SPECIAL type of expansion just to add in McLaren LTD! :O:O:O I am srry, but I really luv the McCutey (McLaren F1) as my most dreamiest and most desirable car in my life! :O:O:O toyota Supra TT is my secondary that is more REASONABLE of course! :O But I would be willing to go THIS far just to get a tiny expansion just to get what I luv!

I understand that money is an important tool in life to get what you want and such. And pay the bills which I am sure no one likes :( Just expressing how far I would go just to get something I luv! Wouldnt you and everyone else try to get something you luv if you have to go farther or put more investment just to get that valuable thing in your life? :O
 
what if they just make the online mode an add-on disk, almost like the arcade disk in Gt2, just use that disc to use the online mode, but require you to own GT4 to start with, so it coul dbe cheap like $10-20 for the online addition

(Hopefully this hasb't been mentioned before, i just skimmed through what i could)
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

YES I WOULD spend THAT much just to get a tiny SPECIAL type of expansion just to add in McLaren LTD! :O:O:O I am srry, but I really luv the McCutey (McLaren F1) as my most dreamiest and most desirable car in my life! :O:O:O toyota Supra TT is my secondary that is more REASONABLE of course! :O But I would be willing to go THIS far just to get a tiny expansion just to get what I luv!

I understand that money is an important tool in life to get what you want and such. And pay the bills which I am sure no one likes :( Just expressing how far I would go just to get something I luv! Wouldnt you and everyone else try to get something you luv if you have to go farther or put more investment just to get that valuable thing in your life? :O

yeah I'd probably end up buying it anyway, but I would resent the fact they're capitalising on their inefficiency.
 
kinigitt
yeah I'd probably end up buying it anyway, but I would resent the fact they're capitalising on their inefficiency.

unless you could have done it better, there's not much room to talk. It's not simple work writing network code, nor is it simple work doing it to work without the aid of a dedicated network, such as XBL.

The disc will release at a cheap price, 39.99 at MOST. Mark my words.

It will be only Online mode, all cars and tuning options included, all tracks etc...

MARK MY WORDS once again.

kthxbye.
 
tha_con
unless you could have done it better, there's not much room to talk. It's not simple work writing network code, nor is it simple work doing it to work without the aid of a dedicated network, such as XBL.

The disc will release at a cheap price, 39.99 at MOST. Mark my words.

It will be only Online mode, all cars and tuning options included, all tracks etc...

MARK MY WORDS once again.

kthxbye.

unless I could have done better... I'm buying the damn thing not designing it.

I don't like the fact that you have to buy it twice to get the full package is all.

Where do you get your insider knowledge? Or are you just pulling it all out of your ass. Yeah, mark those words.
 
Well, here's my take on what "GT4: Online" will be:

Very barebones, I think. Will include all cars/tracks, but will REQUIRE a GT4 save-game in order to access them. Basically, in online, you'll have whatever you have in the full-version GT4. There will be NO Arcade or Simulation Mode, ONLY the Online mode. Basically, the main menu will include the one option of "Connect to Server" or whatever it is ya'll online players do to get going. No B-Spec or Photo Mode, obviously.. No tuner shops, either, but it will have the standard "Settings" option prior to racing that will allow you to make last-minute adjustments/part swaps.

Basically, I think this disc will be ONLY for online crowd, and will be worthless to those of us that don't play online. Because of the fact that it's "repeated buying", as Kiniggit is fond of mentioning, I think this new online will probably retail for around $10-15. VERY cheap, since it's essentially an add-on, and not a full game.

Bear in mind that this is only CONJECTURE on MY part... I think that doing it this way would be a smart business move, and would make the players happy (both online and off). Online players because they get the feature for dirt cheap, offline because we won't be "missing out" on anything like extra cars or tracks. If they're feeling very generous, they may even offer the online add-on FREE to people who purchase GT4 around a certain time-period (i.e. within the first two weeks of release), or by sending in a registration card or something. Because it's just an add-on, they're not losing out the way they would be if it were a full-version game.

That's my two cents... it just seems like the only logical way to make everyone happy.. PD, Sony, online players, offline players.
 
Jedi2016
Well, here's my take on what "GT4: Online" will be:

Very barebones, I think. Will include all cars/tracks, but will REQUIRE a GT4 save-game in order to access them. Basically, in online, you'll have whatever you have in the full-version GT4. There will be NO Arcade or Simulation Mode, ONLY the Online mode. Basically, the main menu will include the one option of "Connect to Server" or whatever it is ya'll online players do to get going. No B-Spec or Photo Mode, obviously.. No tuner shops, either, but it will have the standard "Settings" option prior to racing that will allow you to make last-minute adjustments/part swaps.

Basically, I think this disc will be ONLY for online crowd, and will be worthless to those of us that don't play online. Because of the fact that it's "repeated buying", as Kiniggit is fond of mentioning, I think this new online will probably retail for around $10-15. VERY cheap, since it's essentially an add-on, and not a full game.

Bear in mind that this is only CONJECTURE on MY part... I think that doing it this way would be a smart business move, and would make the players happy (both online and off). Online players because they get the feature for dirt cheap, offline because we won't be "missing out" on anything like extra cars or tracks. If they're feeling very generous, they may even offer the online add-on FREE to people who purchase GT4 around a certain time-period (i.e. within the first two weeks of release), or by sending in a registration card or something. Because it's just an add-on, they're not losing out the way they would be if it were a full-version game.

That's my two cents... it just seems like the only logical way to make everyone happy.. PD, Sony, online players, offline players.

that makes a lot more sense than a full priced disc. I hope they at least go with something similar, or even free (for people who buy GT4 of course).

While I'm at it, I'm going to apologise to tha_con for being a rude jackass. Something about what he said or how he said it set me off.
 
You know Jedi, it's time I challenge your views.

I think that when you get your Network Adapter, you have to have a certain amount of KB on your Memory Card to save your network configuration. But if PD took your advice in Post #102, I'd just call it a smart business move (as someone else said on this page). To try to complete the "What If..." question based on Post #102, pg 6...

You buy the "Gran Turismo 4 Online Package." Included, you get a Gran Turismo 4 CD exclusive to online play. All you have to do is buy or have GT4 and upload your GT4 data. In Jedi's case, you MUST have GT4 in order to play GT4 online. All you need is game data from GT4. Your saved data will be uploaded, and your progress through the game including all the cars you've bought/won. Then you can log on and take on the world. If you would like to save your results, you can save them in a special profile. Of course, you can build up your profile and talk smack if you so choose. You know, say stuff like "I just OWNED your ass!"

Expletives aside, how do you like Jedi's vision of the online-enabled version of GT4?
 
I'm not quite sure what you just said there... you said you were going to "challenge my view", and then you essentially repeated exactly what I said...

?
 
Just maybe a very minor point, but to me it's something worth considering. If it is a barebones disc with nothing but 'online mode', it would be handy to be able to change between modes (and discs) without having to reset the console.

What I possibly see happening is: to capitalise on people who bought the original GT4, there would likely be a barebones online disc. Obviously, when it loaded up, it would have its own menu etc, but even more obviously load up your already saved GT4 garage. If PD put in any modes that had prizes (cars or money) then it would have to be able to save those stats without wiping the rest of the game save.

For those who haven't yet bought GT4 - yes, as unlikely as it is, there will be some out there, I can foresee PD releasing a full GT4 + online disc, maybe at the same price as the combined original disc + online disc price. After online mode comes out, I daresay that the standalone GT4 disc will no longer be available, but rather come in a set with the online disc.

It's only my guess, but it makes sense to me. I undermean what I stand.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

K, I think that this whole add online thingy from most of you might be too complex! The idea of having GT4 and waiting later for an add on expansion could be rough for others who DONT have GT4. And what if they go and try to get the original GT4 to be able to play the expansion and the stores dont have it? It could be like a year if an add on online expansion can be brought out and games dont go on sale in stores anymore after a certain time.

A good example of how this kind of expansion could be done is something like Blizzard Entertainment's Starcraft Battle Chest or the Diablo II. You get both oringinal and expansion all in one pack. Get the original in that one package so you can play the expansion! :O:O But that won't be in GT4's case.

Original GT4 is already offline play and if an expansion come out to put in the online play, it will hurt depending on the time between GT4s release and to the people who can't get a GT4 copy.

I am suggesting they do it like those Battlechest that Blizzard does. You get the complete package to everything all at once! and that should be the only way to get online to EVERYONE! If you already have the original GT4, then you must buy this package if you want to play online. If you dont, you can buy this package and you will have everything. There is a time when stores will stop selling GT4 like every other games and there will be late consumer's wanting it after like...6 monthes of the release or EVEN A YEAR! How can these late people get the original GT4 when stores dont sell them anymore? I dont think there will be enough USED GT4 in game stores to meet the demand of the late people. Some dont want to buy off un-opened GT4 from Amazon or Ebay. Even for those parents who wont let their kids order offline also! :(:O

So ultimately, I recommend it in a complete package! There is too much complexity already wether you have the game or you are just happen to want GT4 now and found out that stores dont sell them anymore. With the exception of places like Gamestop, I think they can order from the factory for you right? um....I think my theory is kinda weird but it might work! :O:O:O
 
That seems feasible except for one thing: I've YET to see a game store that didn't have multiple copies of all three GT games, and it's been that way since the day GT1 was launched. There's NEVER been any "dead time" were the games weren't available that I've ever seen. Especially seeing as how the games very quickly become "Greatest Hits" and go into constant production. GT4 will probably be a "Greatest Hit" long before the online version hits.
 
Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take for GT4 to go Platinum (Australian name for Greatest Hit)?

10 minutes is my bet ...
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

K, I think that this whole add online thingy from most of you might be too complex! The idea of having GT4 and waiting later for an add on expansion could be rough for others who DONT have GT4. And what if they go and try to get the original GT4 to be able to play the expansion and the stores dont have it? It could be like a year if an add on online expansion can be brought out and games dont go on sale in stores anymore after a certain time.

A good example of how this kind of expansion could be done is something like Blizzard Entertainment's Starcraft Battle Chest or the Diablo II. You get both oringinal and expansion all in one pack. Get the original in that one package so you can play the expansion! :O:O But that won't be in GT4's case.

Original GT4 is already offline play and if an expansion come out to put in the online play, it will hurt depending on the time between GT4s release and to the people who can't get a GT4 copy.

I am suggesting they do it like those Battlechest that Blizzard does. You get the complete package to everything all at once! and that should be the only way to get online to EVERYONE! If you already have the original GT4, then you must buy this package if you want to play online. If you dont, you can buy this package and you will have everything. There is a time when stores will stop selling GT4 like every other games and there will be late consumer's wanting it after like...6 monthes of the release or EVEN A YEAR! How can these late people get the original GT4 when stores dont sell them anymore? I dont think there will be enough USED GT4 in game stores to meet the demand of the late people. Some dont want to buy off un-opened GT4 from Amazon or Ebay. Even for those parents who wont let their kids order offline also! :(:O

So ultimately, I recommend it in a complete package! There is too much complexity already wether you have the game or you are just happen to want GT4 now and found out that stores dont sell them anymore. With the exception of places like Gamestop, I think they can order from the factory for you right? um....I think my theory is kinda weird but it might work! :O:O:O

That's basically what I was saying, in a nutshell: PD will probably release a package with both (GT4 & online).

You mentioned Blizzard games. When Diablo 2 LOD came out, you could still buy the original game, and you could buy the LOD expansion separately. Heck, you still can in most stores. Even though this is the case, these days most of the Diablo 2 games on the shelves are packages with the original game plus the expansion pack. It is harder to buy the original D2 game because now it comes in packs, but the expansion on its own is easy to get.

So I think GT4 will be the same. When the online "expansion" comes out, you will be able to buy it either as a standalone to go with your already purchased core game, or as a package with both that caters for anyone who doesn't have GT4 yet. If it goes this way, you'll find that the online disc will still be available alone, and the package will be available, but since they have the package they'll stop selling the core game on its own.

Either way, unless the online disc has major additions to the original GT4, it shouldn't be very expensive at all. Most expansions or additions for games are fairly cheap.
I don't think Sony or PD would be silly enough to put a dufus price on the online disc. The backlash from consumers would be very painful for them, not to mention the bad publicity they'd receive - being ripped off for a simple expansion disc is something the media would jump on like wolves.
 
Jedi2016
That seems feasible except for one thing: I've YET to see a game store that didn't have multiple copies of all three GT games, and it's been that way since the day GT1 was launched. There's NEVER been any "dead time" were the games weren't available that I've ever seen. Especially seeing as how the games very quickly become "Greatest Hits" and go into constant production. GT4 will probably be a "Greatest Hit" long before the online version hits.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Good point there! :O:O:O Yea I forgot about the "Greatest Hit" part fo the game. :crazy: I can also see how I went to the "unavailability" of the game as if after such a short period it wont be around anymore, guess I really was thinking too much of a 2+ year period.... :crazy: :yuck: +2 year is when I think it will be gone...and GT5 might even show up by that time! :O:O And about the "Greatest Hit" thing... Putting that in a package with the online expansion will make the price lower! But some of us dont like the "Greatest Hit" box like I do...! :mad: :O But just having that Greatest Hit box will make the GT4 worth 19.99! :) :O:O
 
avenger
That's basically what I was saying, in a nutshell: PD will probably release a package with both (GT4 & online).

You mentioned Blizzard games. When Diablo 2 LOD came out, you could still buy the original game, and you could buy the LOD expansion separately. Heck, you still can in most stores. Even though this is the case, these days most of the Diablo 2 games on the shelves are packages with the original game plus the expansion pack. It is harder to buy the original D2 game because now it comes in packs, but the expansion on its own is easy to get.

So I think GT4 will be the same. When the online "expansion" comes out, you will be able to buy it either as a standalone to go with your already purchased core game, or as a package with both that caters for anyone who doesn't have GT4 yet. If it goes this way, you'll find that the online disc will still be available alone, and the package will be available, but since they have the package they'll stop selling the core game on its own.

Either way, unless the online disc has major additions to the original GT4, it shouldn't be very expensive at all. Most expansions or additions for games are fairly cheap.
I don't think Sony or PD would be silly enough to put a dufus price on the online disc. The backlash from consumers would be very painful for them, not to mention the bad publicity they'd receive - being ripped off for a simple expansion disc is something the media would jump on like wolves.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

hmmm...I think PD could make the online disc release at the price of 49.99 if they do add enough! :O They could use the online disc for adding in new car manufactors and even MORE gameplays! PD can see the reasction when GT4 releases and use the online disc to cover up what the fans wanted but didnt show up in GT4. Gamemodes such as drifting and maybe eve free roaming can be placed in if those dont show up in GT4. AND ALSO maybe the online disc can unlock a new section in the tune shop of GT4. They can be stuff like customizing your own Pit Crew's clothes, decorate your garage, change the the colors of your parts and the list go on and on! :O:O:O
 
That would probably make us offline players rather mad, though.. If we had to buy a second game with a few additions (couple extra cars, extra track). That's why I think it'll be a barebones disc, containing only the online stuff. That way, the offline players can simply ignore it, and not be upset about it, while the online players get their online addition at a good price.

Speaking of price, do we even know what GT4's going to retail at? That'd make a nice "surprise" by PD if they priced it at $29.99 right out the door. :) I mean, sure, that's pretty cheap for a new PS2 game, but they'd more than make their money on sheer volume.
 
Want a real sound off? Check this out to clarify some of the main points I've discussed:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1268185&postcount=65

So this post courtesy of Cudadude2 is kind of clarifying my points, especially on online play. While multiplay is fun, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! Don't worry, boys and girls. You still have a very fun game to play. You have lovely graphics and challenging races. You have more than 650 cars ranging from 1886 to 2004. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT! So, worry not. Just put a smile on your face and keep faith in your heart in being that GT4 will be a hit regardless.
 
JohnBM01
Want a real sound off? Check this out to clarify some of the main points I've discussed:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1268185&postcount=65

So this post courtesy of Cudadude2 is kind of clarifying my points, especially on online play. While multiplay is fun, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! Don't worry, boys and girls. You still have a very fun game to play. You have lovely graphics and challenging races. You have more than 650 cars ranging from 1886 to 2004. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT! So, worry not. Just put a smile on your face and keep faith in your heart in being that GT4 will be a hit regardless.
Uh, John I think I might be able to beat that. Sure, 650 cars from 1886-2004 is all well and good, but what about the 50 or so tracks to race them on?
 
I'm fully ashamed of "X-Play." I seen the review for Burnout 3. I was pretty stunned by it. I tihk Burnout 3 is a wonderful game based on what I seen as they gave it a "5 out of 5." Afterwards, here's an approximation of what I heard from host Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb (AS = Adam; MW = Morgan)

APPROXIMATION OF DIALOGUE FROM 10/13/2004 AFTER THE REVIEW OF BURNOUT 3:

MW: "It looks like Burnout 3 will give Gran Turismo 4 a run for its money. It's easily a contender for 'Game of the Year.'"
AS: "And with the exclusion of online play in GT4, it's a shame. Totally inexcusable."

I've almost never agreed with X-Play ratings. For example, TXR3 wasn't a disappointment. "MegaMan: Network Transmission" was a pretty good game for a MegaMan fan like myself. But it's a g**damned shame. Burnout 3 is pretty cool looking, but I haven't given up on GT4. I consider Burnout 3 as being a contender against Project Gotham and the NFS:U series in the arcade-style racing genre. The Gran Turismo series has come a long way. Big shame if this is going to kill what will make GT4 great. Haven't I said that before... yes. SEVERAL times! So this year's GT4 will not have online play. Well, it's like sports. If you didn't win the game, just look forward to the future and do well there. Like for example, OU didn't win the Sugar Bowl or the Big XII title last season (losing to LSU and Kansas State respectively), but they are still a great team. PD is going to work on online play, but still, you have a great game. Have we forgotten? I haven't.
 
Xplay has never really had a racer on their staff. Just look at how bad they drive, AS has to be cheaufoured"SP" since he obviously cant drive worth a flip. Morgan is the same, shes more at home with an RPG rather than a racing game. More obvious is that AS had to have someone drive a Kart inplace of him during one of their shows where they actually participated in the real live sports. They said it was adam but made it clear that it wasnt :lol: which I thought was pretty funny since adam is 5 feet tall and the next sceen had a 6 footer in place of adam. I remember that they had one of the guys from Call for help on the show who built an impressive race rig that he had on the show once. MW drove it and :lol: to say none the less but the guy knew ALOT more about racing games than the whole Xplay staff put together.

They really should get someone who know's racing, not just guess at it and be contempt with a pure guess.
 
Morgan Webb dose fill out a sweater well, though.

b
 
I think with the Burnout 3 review, the XBOX version was used. So when you think of XBOX and a racing game... that's right, man. XBOX Live. My only problem is, Enthusia isn't out. Forza isn't out. Burnout 3 is primarily an arcade racer. And another thing I hope you haven't forgotten, you can always improvise with LAN play. You can still have online tournaments old-school style. That is- record scores and post online. But never... and damn it, hear me out. NEVER say that Burnout 3 is the best ever game (much less racing game) because GT4 won't have online. Let's look at facts. Online beyond LAN is not going to happen this year. If you want to abbreviate "online beyond LAN," you may want to use "OBL" or "OBLAN." It's optional.

Anyhow, I'll play Burnout 3 but still be very reluctant to GT4. My desire to get and play GT4 hasn't died in me, folks. Like a college student representing his/her school over his/her rival college, I'm looking forward to GT4 and haven't forgotten. But if you've loved GT4 and suddenly lost interest because of recent issues... look elsewhere. I'll admit, "X-Play" doesn't really have a solid racing player. They're better off covering the usual strategy or SOCOM/Call of Duty-type games. Hell, I liked the Unreal Tournament series, and I consider that more of a sports game. But when it comes to racing, I'm sure people liked GT4 then eventually lost 60% (or more) of interest in it when "the bad news" was delivered. But when I made my message heard in my introduction to this thread, no offense, but it's stupid to say that I'm trying to make money off of GT4. And I'm not excusing PD for shipping an incomplete game and no, they didn't mess up. They just had a hard time implementing online play. "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" won't have online play (I'm guessing only the console versions), bit did people b*tch and moan and San Andreas for this? Not that I heard. Maybe I don't have a good eyes or a functional brain, but at least can make something out of nothing. Be grateful GT4 is coming out this year. GT4 is not "Duke Nukem Forever." It's coming out this year, PD is probably doing as best as they can, and if you're going to criticize me like I don't know what the hell is going on, then go ahead.
 
JohnBM01
But when I made my message heard in my introduction to this thread, no offense, but it's stupid to say that I'm trying to make money off of GT4. And I'm not excusing PD for shipping an incomplete game and no, they didn't mess up. They just had a hard time implementing online play. "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" won't have online play (I'm guessing only the console versions), bit did people b*tch and moan and San Andreas for this? Not that I heard. Maybe I don't have a good eyes or a functional brain, but at least can make something out of nothing. Be grateful GT4 is coming out this year. GT4 is not "Duke Nukem Forever." It's coming out this year, PD is probably doing as best as they can, and if you're going to criticize me like I don't know what the hell is going on, then go ahead.


I don't think anyone is taking their frustration out on you John, like me, a lot of people have gotten fed-up waiting for GT4, we should have been playing it this time last year!!! But we have seen release date after release date postponed so often and PD's excuse has usually been that the Online play is taking longer than expected to impliement. This would have been alright, had GT4 been due to come out this December with Online, but its not! So why the delay?

I'm sure i won't be the only person who will be severely disapointed if the only major improvements/changes over GT3 are a few unwanted* options such as 'Photomode' or 'Team manager mode'. I've seen only a handful of new cars that i'm actually looking forward to driving, and maybe, from what we've seen of the tracks so far, about 3 new tracks that actually look like much fun.

(* i say unwanted because i've never seen anyone ask for options like these to be implimented in Granturismo games in any 'wish list' on any website or forum)

I think at this stage in Granturismos evolution, with all the potential competition, GT4 should have moved its game on substantially more than is indicated so far. I hope come December (unless there are any other delays) i am proven wrong.


Was GTA San Andreas ever promised to be online? Even if it was, i don't think online play would bring as much to the party as it would have in GT4.
 
Back