Spec III slow down

  • Thread starter Thread starter eight6er
  • 15 comments
  • 1,593 views
Messages
1,101
Messages
Eight6er
Since the spec III update I have found the game can be very slow at loading. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
 
Hi eight6er:)..Yeah i have noticed this too. O and welcome to GTPlanet:tup:look forward to seeing a fellow country man on some races:nervous:
 
Hi eight6er:)..Yeah i have noticed this too. O and welcome to GTPlanet:tup:look forward to seeing a fellow country man on some races:nervous:

Still haven't seen you racing since the update :sly: It's time you put GTA4 away for a while and get back to the track. 👍
 
Thanks Theewar, that's a relief. It's fairly annoying at times, I have spent a while looking at a blank screen wondering is it even going to work. I'll keep an eye out for you on the track:tup:, but I don't usually spend too long online racing as I get bored with being rammed.
 
Thanks Theewar, that's a relief. It's fairly annoying at times, I have spent a while looking at a blank screen wondering is it even going to work.
I'll keep an eye out for you on the track:tup:, but I don't usually spend too long online racing as I get bored with being rammed.
I know what you mean:ouch:.But now i race with quality drivers[YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE]:tup:Thats not to say i dont get rammed every now and then. But thats something that will always happen.Most times now i race with guys that are so close to you they could reach over and change gears for you:sly:but almost never hit into you:).Now thats racing:tup:
 
Ya I don't blame everyone else for ramming it's not always intentional. I'm not good enough myself to race close with out hitting some little bit, but sometimes I notice that I would pass someone really close and look in the mirror only to see them in the gravel with no hitting, so it makes me wonder is it that they just freaked out when I passed them, or is it because I did hit them. I don't hear an impact sound. A big problem for me is the way cars move erratically, you try to pass someone and their car is appearing in different parts of the track, making it impossible to know where they really are, because they could not keep up the speed if they where actually weaving all over the track.
 
Yep online is a tad messy like that. The cars that are jumping round is caused by a slow connection somewhere. Either their own, the hosts or your own. Cant really tell which it is.
 
I have had the black screen after a race as well.... for like 10 minutes.... I think like twie now already... I dont understand either... NEVER had that before....
 
Since spec II saving has started taking longer than it did before.
 
I've noticed some slowness before Spec III actually.
Usually happened when I go into time trial and click race.
The menu will disappear, but the background showing an aerial view of the track will remain for a good 5 seconds and then the race begins :/
 
I jad the feeling that PSN wasn't 100% stable this last week and that was causing a few on-line pauses when contacting central servers, but it's just an impression.

BTW Greetings to Cork, how's the dual carriageway going? Last time I drove there it was newish and nobody really knew what to do with it "well we had this money from the EU...." ;-)
 
This has been happening off line for me, on pretty much every loading, but it is random it can be ok some of the time. I went to restart a time trial and I was looking at a black screen for five minutes wondering will I reset the machine. This happens a lot but it usually does not take five minutes that was the worst example. I also experienced some of the other things described in this thread. This has only been happening since spec III for me.

@Mad Matt, Which dual carriage way are you talking about :confused:
 
Last edited:
On topic: Had a quick play last night and load times seemed OK, but I didn't play on-line. I also ran GT4 just to see some other cars. The load times and smoothness of GT5p stand out, well they did for me.

Off topic a little: I can't remember which road it was as it was back in 97 or so. We'd landed at Rosslare and driven round the coast. One side of my family come from Waterford so I wanted to go there too. We really enjoyed Cork and then drove on to Kerry, where the roads got a lot worse, but more fun :-) It was one of the friendliest places we've visited (the whole holiday from Rosslare to Kerry and back). Driving was good, the Garda were on strike I think! Some roads seemed to have what I thought was a hard shoulder but...... some people took it that way too, some thought it was for picnics and some thought you were supposed to move over into it to let them past. I asked some locals, which is where the "I don't really know, the EU gave us some money" quote comes from.
 
Can the Playstation HDD be defragmented? Does it defragment automatically? To be up-to-date, we've had to install a lot of updates to the HDD and they could be scattered all over the place. I've no idea what kind of file system the Playstation uses so maybe it doesn't even need defragmenting.
 
lol I see. Everybody has there own version of the rules of the road here, because until this year if you wanted to get a licence, you needed to be 17 years old and pay a few quid, that's it:crazy:
 
Since spec II saving has started taking longer than it did before.

Did you try clearing the cache in options?

Might helps... 👍

@ Obli: HDD is self-defragmenting, its FAT 32 not windows NTFS. ;)
 
Last edited:
Back