Special Stage City (A research on how SSR5, 7, and 11 may be connected.)

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 175 comments
I mean they teach us in architecture school how modern cities are designed around the automobile...these take it to a new level...designed FOR the automobile! :P

Can you imagine trying to walk in this city??

Joking aside, even in a video game something as impractical as that would come across as totally fantasy and I don't think it would work out very well.

Creating a realistic, fictional city from scratch is probably one of the harder things to do, period. Cities are messy things and the main source of their form is the unpredictability of humans multiplied over many years. I might try to hash something out. [B]You absolutely need to create at least some basic narrative or timeline for the city to develop into something interesting.[/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, but given a certain set of rules and lots of tweaking, you can approximate that kind of "narrative" and produce very convincing results.

Imagine this in the next iteration of the course generator! :dopey:

[youtubehd]J30i0gABfS8[/youtubehd]

This is taken from a [URL="http://www.introversion.co.uk/subversion/"]now-postponed heist sim[/URL], so the focus on interiors is necessary, but the procedural cities can easily be highly varied. It's important to note that there are many such procedural generators about. That said, I think it's better PD make only one city; it can still be generated procedurally and fleshed out / given more character by hand, for instance.

I'm trying to draw a map right now on paper, but its just connecting the SSR's together, I really hope Polyphony does this!
EDIT:The bridge in SSR7, may be rainbow bridge, it has a very close resemblance to it

Anyone noticed that all intersections lead to the exact same place? Read the road signs, they all say the same, which is kinda odd. On top of that, the lay-out and intersections have completely changed since GT3... So, dunno if it's so easy to combine SS5 and SS11.:) SS5 and SS7 (using GT5's intersections) is easy.:)

Well, of course nothing fits 100% perfectly, but SSR5 also changed a bit compared to GT3 or even 4.

Look at this:

EDIT: Note, I'm just brainstorming. :lol:

You might actually be right...

See the night racing section of this video above(0:30-0:41) and even on the trailer below you can clearly see a bridge(1:19-1:20) in the background suggesting there is a missing link between the two tracks.

Sorry for annoying you guys with the bump, but I found some interesting things.
This is also in the OP.

Cranes near the end of SSR5, can this be SSR11?

Special Stage Route 5 by FEISAR. E-unity., on Flickr

Wut the heck?

Special Stage Route 5_1 by FEISAR. E-unity., on Flickr

SSR7 and 5 might just be connected!

Here's a tall building that looks similar to ones in SSR7, this building is near the tunnel.

Special Stage Route 5_3 by FEISAR. E-unity., on Flickr

A street that's across the lake. O.o

Special Stage Route 5_4 by FEISAR. E-unity., on Flickr

I create a possible map for Special Stage City
search

picture.php

After intense research, me, rallymorten, sparkytooth and others have dicovered this.

Toward the end of the SSR5 stretch (Opposite of tunnel) There are signs indicating an airport. SSRX Has an airport aswell as a road crossing over the whole track. SSR7 Connects to 5, in the sense that at 5's tunnel, a sign says "7" and in addition, the same design of highway runs underneath 5 that is seen on 7. The diagram shows a rough look at the whole thing. Also it seems that 7 is visible from SSRX, there is a city off in the distance of SSRX, which appear to be the same size as the ones on 7. 7 also has a large tunnel, and the city seen off the coast of SSRX is a mountainous region. On SSR7 you can also see cranes a very long distance away, supposedly the SSRX cranes. It all comes together! :) What do YOU guys think??

I can't see the picture since I'm on mobile, but these new discoveries are pretty interesting. There's multiple intersections on SSR7, but there's only one overpass that
can be connected directly to the SSR5 tunnel exit, which is the overpass near the two tunnel straights. I'm assuming straight from memory, but I'm open to correction.

Well the 7 i located at 5 is not the raceable part, but it has the same design as 7, and had a realistic join from the tunnel, it definantly was 7.

picture.php

After intense research, me, rallymorten, sparkytooth and others have dicovered this.

Toward the end of the SSR5 stretch (Opposite of tunnel) There are signs indicating an airport. SSRX Has an airport aswell as a road crossing over the whole track. SSR7 Connects to 5, in the sense that at 5's tunnel, a sign says "7" and in addition, the same design of highway runs underneath 5 that is seen on 7. The diagram shows a rough look at the whole thing. Also it seems that 7 is visible from SSRX, there is a city off in the distance of SSRX, which appear to be the same size as the ones on 7. 7 also has a large tunnel, and the city seen off the coast of SSRX is a mountainous region. On SSR7 you can also see cranes a very long distance away, supposedly the SSRX cranes. It all comes together! :) What do YOU guys think??

I can't see the photo...

Can you put it again? That's a nice theory and I think the image does help thinking on this

Back