Special Stage Route 11

• Thread starter Panoz
  • 134 comments
SSR 11 is the best original track. Everybody who play gt remember it was final licence test, full course I think with TVR and that is only track where I been play over and over to get gold. More then 500 trys for gold. When was start play to play gt2 and did'nt see SSR 11 it was disaster, after in 3 part they put it back ❤ it will be exellent to see day and night track...

Correction: It was in Gt1 and GT3 the 2nd last test with an white colored TVR Griffith

I've sadly never been on the original and perhaps best, iteration of SS11, since I never owned GT1 myself (hopefully that'll change soon).

However, I loved it on GT3, although I think initially I wasn't quite so passionate with it being a challenging and punishing track to drive on, which if you got it wrong was frustrating. But ultimately oh so joyous to race on, with it's tight and twisty nature.

I remember doing the SS11 All Night endurance event on GT3, using my Polophony 001, and having a hard fought battle with a GT-One. Whilst in theory, my 001 should've been much quicker, this was SS11, and my Racing Softs (may have been super softs, not sure), wore out much quicker; and my driving may have been a factor back then too :lol:. But it was great fun, I'd pull a gap, then the GT-One reeled me in as my tyres wore out, making the 001 a difficult beast. I just remember a sense of achievement when I won what felt like a marathon of a race; by a small margin over the GT-One, after battling with it all race. Making my prize Polyphony 002 even more worthwhile.

Besides my little nostalgia trip, I'd love SS11 to make an appearance again in a future GT, which look even more spectacular in full stunning HD form nowadays. As for which version; well, whilst I have never driven the original layout, that's the one I'd have, as the underpass looked so fun and daunting, and in general, the older layout looked more fun IMO. Shame it never made to the final build of GT3, after it is in the code, in earlier builds/demos of GT3, having seen vid's of it, as there was a plan to include it. Either way, SS11 will always remain a cult favourite, in both formats.

Last edited:
Correction: It was in Gt1 and GT3 the 2nd last test with an white colored TVR Griffith

Yes, it's second last I was like to play endurance race SSR11 with toyota ts 010 and nissan I think it was R390 lm. I was play gt1 before 15-16 years. That was my first game and love on first sight but I like to see day and night course. It would be nice to play endurance again in gt sport. In gt 6 24min are not enaught...

Yes, it's second last I was like to play endurance race SSR11 with toyota ts 010 and nissan I think it was R390 lm. I was play gt1 before 15-16 years. That was my first game and love on first sight but I like to see day and night course. It would be nice to play endurance again in gt sport. In gt 6 24min are not enaught...

60 laps on Route 11 aren't enough :)

Fun Fact, SSR11 was in GT Concept as well but it was hidden and only available via editing:

upload_2017-5-13_1-52-56-png.646978

This is how I would put it in Gran Turismo, I would keep the name of SSR11 on the '90s version, but would make the '00s version 'CSR11' like CSR5 and SSR5

-> ...
This is how I would put it in Gran Turismo, I would keep the name of SSR11 on the '90s version, but would make the '00s version 'CSR11' like CSR5 and SSR5
^ What does the CSR stands for again? Because whenever I see CSR, it reminds me of this:

1200x630bb.jpg

:lol:

I would like to see the layout of Stage 5 and Stage 11 as an autodrome (permanent circuit) rather than a street circuit, visually similar to Kyoto.

We nees this to come back although I sure feel that PD thinks Tokyo Expressway has replaced it.
This is what I fear for this track, SSR5 and Tokyo R246.
Crazy to think how long it has been since it last appeared in a game and how long people have been asking for this track

We nees this to come back although I sure feel that PD thinks Tokyo Expressway has replaced it.
It doesn't have to keep the Tokyo City look, as today there is the Tokyo Expressway track. You could create Stage Route 5 and Stage Route 11 in the form of a racetrack that looks similar to Kyoto Driving Park.

Back