Special Stage Route 11

• Thread starter Panoz
  • 134 comments
I still play some Gran Turismo on an emulator or on my PS2 just so I can race the first version of this track. ^^ It's the only one from GT1 (aside from the original test course) that's not in GT6. ...I wonder why. O.o?

SSR11 feels more engaging than a lot of other city circuits. It has a wide variety of corners too (right angles, hairpins, high-speed sweepers, chicanes). The track feels not too wide and not too narrow.

While I'm not opposed to the GT3 version being added, I prefer the GT1 version. Nothing like the threat of a 200+km/h head-on collision to make you stick to the racing line in the underpass chicane. ^^ While the GT3 version also has a chicane at this location, it feels more like a narrow point on a straight than a corner.

Also, in the GT1 version, your approach to the following right-left chicane is much more unstable (and fun ^^) since you would have just come out of a full-throttle left-right S.

One thing I'm not sure about is if the physics engine changes will detract from the fun of SSR11. Since the physics engine has changed so much, comparing SSR11 to tracks on future Gran Turismos isn't completely fair.... maybe. O.o

One more thing, which kinda doesn't matter... I can't see how the roads of SSR11 would be efficient for regular city traffic. O.o?
Gotta say,I grew up on GT3 so Im all about seeind its cars/track/features in HD. GT1 is perfect up to this date and srry Kazunori,but even GT1 is more realistic in some ways than GT6. ;) SSR11 is a really complex track which was the best fun with F090/s! I used to skip it,but after all,only Endurance race I raced for money was 50L all night SSR11 :D

Guys i think i found something interesting
Special Stage Route 7.jpg

Special Stage Route 7_1.jpg

Special Stage Route 7_2.jpg

Special Stage Route 7_3.jpg

I can recognize those walls everywhere...

-> Im not buying it. Although those walls are similar to the ones on SSR11, it could be anywhere in the city.

ZedMan1996 -> I already replied you on a another thread regarding those cranes...

By far my favorite track from GT3. My little yellow Evo7 and I spent quite a lot of time here. I don't remember if there was a photomode back then but I used to love watching the replays. I don't necessarily care about running it during the day but I do recall there was a wet version.

I was amazed by this track in GT3, I loved the place.

LFA + SSR11 GT3 configuration = feelings which I can't get into detail about without violating the AUP

One of my all time unbeatable favorite, as it was shown in the first GT6 trailer, there may have been a hint for sooner DLC, as we know SSR5 was remodelled into complete next gen graphics, it seems the same will be done with SSR11. As we know the track is massive compared to route 5, it will take a while to model. Looking back at the GT3 model the graphics seem out of date to fit in with next gen. Hopefull soon it'll be revealed.

Does anyone else think the Madrid circuit has a similar feeling to SSR11? O.o
They both have lots of low speed corners and short straights.
Maybe you've driven too much Takata Dome on it ;) (just a joke,no offence). For those details it is true but remember,you could do all the corners on SSR11 fast and straight. It's just a unique track that need to be returned! :D

With modern graphics and effects, I really hope they would bring this one back. Also, if this track is in the game, there must be of course the legendary All Night endurance race. Thanks to the day/night simulation, the race would start during sunset and finish in the morning with the sun starting to glow behind the buildings. That would be amazing :cool:

D'you know there's also the theory that Route 5 and 11 are connected at their hairpins at their extremities. So if it's possible, I'd like to see the two connected to create one track.

Yes we all knew that a long time ago hahah.

But in GT5 & 6 there is no sign of two connecting hairpins anymore :(

The only clues are the cranes behind the last corner on the straight (And no its not SSRX cranes, these are different, the crane's that used to be at SSR11)

Yes we all knew that a long time ago hahah.

But in GT5 & 6 there is no sign of two connecting hairpins anymore :(

The only clues are the cranes behind the last corner on the straight (And no its not SSRX cranes, these are different, the crane's that used to be at SSR11)
Well in this case we ought to set up an online archaeological dig. Just examine each of the areas of the SSR's and if possible map something out. Not only that, I don't know of you've noticed on SSRX, there appears to be a city towards the mainland off to your left after you leave the stop/start line at the submarine base. So in truth all the SSR's aren't too far from each other

Well in this case we ought to set up an online archaeological dig. Just examine each of the areas of the SSR's and if possible map something out. Not only that, I don't know of you've noticed on SSRX, there appears to be a city towards the mainland off to your left after you leave the stop/start line at the submarine base. So in truth all the SSR's aren't too far from each other

That city doesn't seem to have any of the SSR buildings though, that's why I think the cranes are from SSR11.

You could even see the cranes in SSR5 in GT4 in the same area.

Back