Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
It's still not as long as the Mulsanne straight on Circuit de la sarthe, which is 13.6km. but the bad thing about that straight is it very bumpy compared to what this test course is going to be like.

It's still not as long as the Mulsanne straight on Circuit de la sarthe, which is 13.6km. but the bad thing about that straight is it very bumpy compared to what this test course is going to be like.

Which isn't exactly perfectly straight.

That's the length of the entire track, not the straight.

37kazzmark

The straight is only about 5ish km long :dopey:

7.46 mile long straights....so...7+7 = 14 miles in the straights, that leaves 4 miles for the corners. So.... 7 mile straights, 2 mile super banked corners. That's actually longer than VW's Bugatti test circuit max-speed 6.5 mile straight.

EDIT: The Mulsanne straight 3.5 miles long. so...one straight is the length of the Mulsanne straight.

7.46 mile long straights....so...7+7 = 14 miles in the straights, that leaves 4 miles for the corners. So.... 7 mile straights, 2 mile super banked corners. That's actually longer than VW's Bugatti test circuit max-speed 6.5 mile straight.

EDIT: The Mulsanne straight 3.5 miles long. so...one straight is the length of the Mulsanne straight.

My god, one of those corners alone is almost longer than Daytona all together, lol

I just find this quite funny, as I say this with every update/DLC
Do you see the Photomode forum complaining about 6 new cars and a new track which equals millions more possibilties for us ?
Yeah, didn't think so... Ya'all just need to be grateful for what you get.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I was a bit bummed on spa because the spectator areas are all empty. There should be some good backgrounds from this one.

Heck the 18.6 mile long oval...is longer than the 24 Hour Nurburgring course. (Which is 15 miles.)

That really put to perspective just how massive this track is... I could tell that this track is pretty massive from the screen shots but that's damned huge.

GT4's Test Course was generously sized too, this track was definitely made with the X2010/2011 in mind.

A straight on the new Test Course is longer than the whole of the old Test Course...yeah, this thing is MASSIVE. But I knew that when I was looking at the imagines. But...it is slightly bigger than I expected.

Damn... what time is in Japan right now? Can't wait to see a video from the track. It might happen this weekend in the Tokyo Auto Salon...

Lol, it would take 20 hours :lol:

That's why I wouldn't want to do a race on the track. 1. You'd have to pit at least every other lap because you're flying around at max speed and 2, the laps are already WAY too long and you're not doing anything but going in a circle.

Looks like the banked section is roughly the same as it was in GT3-GT4. The straight bit is six times longer, assuming it's the same basic layout. Thats some kind o' monster.

A group C car should be able to run it in under five minutes. Heaven only knows what a X2011 can do there.

It really doesn't seem like a place for racing but we'll see. If nothing else, cresting the bridge at 200mph+ sould be interesting.

Last edited:
Its only a matter of time before people start complaining about the track being too long. People complain about everything these days... :banghead:

I can see the NASCAR nuts having a blast here :P

lol, 75% of the field runs out of gas on the straightaway.

Pitting would definitely need to be a top priority, you need to think 5min minimum into the future. If your tire's let go or heaven forbid you pull a Earnhardt Jr. you could easily turn a 5min lap into a 1hr lap.

It is tracks like this that keep me out of online racing rooms 'cause you know there will be rooms where you'll get there and it'll be like Spa and race anything you want, and then the 5-year-old Host will suddenly swap to the slowest car in the game on the Route X oval for 99 laps and start a race. At least that's what would happen in Forza.

Although, with 30km to play with, we could start a soccer game or whatever. I mean...7 miles on a straight to mess around with is a lot of room.

It is tracks like this that keep me out of online racing rooms 'cause you know there will be rooms where you'll get there and it'll be like Spa and race anything you want, and then the 5-year-old Host will suddenly swap to the slowest car in the game on the Route X oval for 99 laps and start a race. At least that's what would happen in Forza.

Nothing's stopping me from quitting out of said race..

Kwicko
Now if they'd just put the Complex String in the infield...

If only.. :D That's one thing that would greatly increase the amount of time GT5 resides in my PS3.

and then the 5-year-old Host will suddenly swap to the slowest car in the game on the Route X oval for 99 laps and start a race. At least that's what would happen in Forza.

2 questions.

1. Why are you having private races with 5 year olds.

2. Why Forza.

2 questions.

1. Why are you having private races with 5 year olds.

2. Why Forza.

Probably Forza because the 360 is cheaper, therefore being purchased by younger people, and they go with Forza and since they're young they're immature. Usually.

I'm loving this latest DLC. Some good cars for once and this track. Hopefully we'll get more tracks and more real ones.

A 7 mile straight sounds great and kind of like VW's test track in Germany where the Veyron's are tested.

Back