Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
Will the AI use their brakes before entering the 2.5 km long apex?

Actually, this long track has excitement and novelty written all over it, I will slap on comfort softs on many a nice tourers and let my Grandmother & family try the game out for once. Classical music in game race music, and then create a screen saver out of it. Thanks PD!

Details here. It appears there is only one course, Special Stage Route X, which is an oval. I wouldn't be on it being thirty kilometres long, though. That would be about five times longer than the old Test Course, and would get boring. Even the Nardò Ring is only twelve kiloemtres long.

Nardo Ring doesn't test the X2011.

Too much to read through, but I dig the specs for this track, and can't wait to waste away countless hours testing.

Now can we get some decent telemetry?

Toronado
*enters thread*

*sees information about length*

*is about to say how nice it is to finally have a course that can actually be used as a top speed course after how limited the GT2-GT4 one was*

*sees people complaining that the TEST TRACK has been designed in a way to actually allow it to be used as a TEST TRACK, when the old one was not*

*sighs*

*leaves*

[Like]

We dont race on top gear track we dont race on ssr this is just another one of those test tracks ... just more awesome.
Remember when we first saw the video we thought it was 2 tracks so ... just wait til tuesday.

Except with this track, photomode will be sweeeeet. Like Gtuned pointed out. People in the Photomode section aren't complaining one bit.

Imagine a camera view from on top of that strange structure. I wonder how far we'd be able to see if that were possible.

Except with this track, photomode will be sweeeeet. Like Gtuned pointed out. People in the Photomode section aren't complaining one bit.

Imagine a camera view from on top of that strange structure. I wonder how far we'd be able to see if that were possible.

Yep. And that + time change = epic shots for months.

That's what most people aren't thinking about, and SHIRAWAKA Akira pointed out:

30 KILOMETRES... thats A LOT of road to see, drive, cruise, race and take pics. Imagine the ammount of stuff we can discover on the sides. Of course, a part of this will be over the sea. Even like that... amazing shots with the sunset.

We just see a little bit of it. Can't wait to drive on it.

I wonder if they will come out with a Seasonal with Route X after its release like they did with Spa and Kart Space?

Most likely make it with a 750+ PP with racing hards.

Yep. And that + time change = epic shots for months.

That's what most people aren't thinking about, and SHIRAWAKA Akira pointed out:

30 KILOMETRES... thats A LOT of road to see, drive, cruise, race and take pics. Imagine the ammount of stuff we can discover on the sides. Of course, a part of this will be over the sea. Even like that... amazing shots with the sunset.

We just see a little bit of it. Can't wait to drive on it.
I can honestly say without a full 24hr day cycle, this track would seem a lot less appealing to me and I'm sure many others that don't necessarily need a speed test track. I would get it, either way, for picture-taking, but I'd feel a bit iffy about it. That's just me, though. Basically, the time change might be a selling factor for some people. Oh yea, I was looking forward to the next track DLC track that would have it. :)

I wonder if they will come out with a Seasonal with Route X after its release like they did with Spa and Kart Space?

Most likely make it with a 750+ PP with racing hards.

They should make a seasonal for the Ring and Sarthe that only allows cars up to 400pp. I feel like that just might nudge the people that only drive fully tuned cars to see what it's like racing with realistically set-up "slow" cars.

But, that's not to say I don't agree with you. I wouldn't want to grind an 18 mile track with a 400pp car.

Something interesting from the JP Site (Not sure if it's just a bad translation). "The only speed test that is included in the pack", perhaps other drag tracks to come in the future (Top Gear Weather from the License Tests, for example?)

Yea, I saw that. It, most likely, should say, "The only speed test TRACK that is included in the pack". Being a google translation, it isn't perfect.

Can someone provide a link showing where PD state that Route X is over 30km long? (Maybe there's one here already, but I'm haven't bothered looking)

EDIT: JP GT= Japanese Gran Turismo site, nevermind

Jav
30 km?? God this is gonna be one boring track!

On a possitive note, there's more than enough room to create countless different configurations of this track. Dragstrip, Autocross/Ghymkana, street circuit, challenge course or whatever they wanted to do with the space, let's just hope they've been creative enough with this.

Weird that a week before the relase we still have just 5 low quality shots of the update:indiff:

True... well, there's the Tokyo Auto Salon going on, and the track will be available to play there. Can't wait until someone do a video.

True... well, there's the Tokyo Auto Salon going on, and the track will be available to play there. Can't wait until someone do a video.
That's not going to happen for another 15 hours about. IT'S LIKE AN ETERNITY! The "show" will start in 8 hours.

Actually, that's when that discussion/meeting with Kaz starts. The "show" opens in 3 hours.

Last edited:

PD was going to release a video of the track last weeks with a 360 Subaru....
They are still filming it.

PD was going to release a video of the track last weeks with a 360 Subaru....
They are still filming it.

tumblr_lad40bW1Sp1qboubo_thumb.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This news is super exciting. This will definetely be a good year for gt5. the only thing im asking for on this track are pit stops so we can have some real races here.

Thinking about it now, it would be kind of cool to have a race on the track sort of like Gt3's" Like the Wind" with a bunch of different cars from different classes competing for the title of the fastest car in gt5.

I can anticipate the Lp-700 being one of the premier drag racers already, seeing as it comes with 690hp stock. The v12 vantage will also see a lot of usage, as with the leaf and beetle in low pp races.

One question though: whats with the Xjr-9?

I'm guess Route X will be somethign like VW's Test Track, but even longer. And you know, as "boring" as going as fast as you can on one of the straights sounds, it would be kinda cool to see the harbor and everything going by at 250 mph in a Veyron, kind alike this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFX9vrwJf8
Actually, I'd like to see some of the camera shots used in this video to be used in the replays.

In fact, I'm so "bored" that I've done some calculations:

My 1990 Camaro has 245,800 some miles on it right now. This track is about 18.5 miles long. So, my car has done about............hang on a sec. *takes out calculator* 2,475 laps around Route X. lol, pointless, but I want to drive on this track soon :)

God knows how many times my car would have had to stop for fuel, or even how much fuel it would of used.

Last edited:
I'm guess Route X will be somethign like VW's Test Track, but even longer. And you know, as "boring" as going as fast as you can on one of the straights sounds, it would be kinda cool to see the harbor and everything going by at 250 mph in a Veyron, kind alike this:
Actually, I'd like to see some of the camera shots used in this video to be used in the replays.

My 1990 Camaro has 245,800 some miles on it right now. This track is about 18.5 miles long. So, my car has done about............hang on a sec. *takes out calculator* 2,475 laps around Route X. lol, pointless, but I want to drive on this track soon :)

God knows how many times my car would of had to stop for fuel, or even how much fuel it would of used.

Let me try........

The car with the most mile on it in my garage that I drove all of them is the TC roadster sitting at 3219K.
So that would be.......... ~107 laps.

Oh, nice ^^^ That one's easily my favorite of the TC Pack. Mainly, because I like Miatas, but also, it's one of the 3? RWD cars in that pack.

God knows how many times my car would of had to stop for fuel, or even how much fuel it would of used.
That's what I was thinking, too. The Red Bull machines are way too fast to appear normal.

It's "would have." Just helping you out.

Let me try........

The car with the most mile on it in my garage that I drove all of them is the TC roadster sitting at 3219K.
So that would be.......... ~107 laps.

I was talking about my real car, lol

Oh, nice ^^^ That one's easily my favorite of the TC Pack. Mainly, because I like Miatas, but also, it's one of the 3? RWD cars in that pack.

That's what I was thinking, too. The Red Bull machines are way too fast to appear normal.

It's "would have." Just helping you out.

Grammar Nazi..............lol

Back