Special/Ultimate Parts

HALLELUJAH!

i1vnmDAeFMUJUuH.jpg
So hyped for this, I can finally stop doing daily workouts on my 5 accounts just to try and win some of those special parts and engines :lol:

I’m not sure how the Ultimate parts will work. May we still need to acquire them by tickets or need to swap an engine to unlock those ultimate parts?

Well well well… 😁

Back at the beginning I was adamant that S Parts and swaps should remain somewhat exclusive, but now this is happening I can’t deny that I’m pretty damn happy about it!

The roulette was never the way to go. I thought there might have been an alternative method of acquiring the parts spliced into the game at some point, but I never expected it to be as route-one as this.

PD have had to swallow a lot of criticism, and you know what - as bonkers as they sometimes seem, they obviously hear us.

I’ll get some time hands-on at the end of the week. Hope you all have fun 😏

I’m not sure how the Ultimate parts will work. May we still need to acquire them by tickets or need to swap an engine to unlock those ultimate parts?
It sounds like getting to Collector Level 50 is what unlocks the purchase option. As for the 6-star parts/engine tickets or odds of winning them in 4-star/5-star tickets, we'll know by this time Friday. I will note that the last few Extra Menus didn't offer engine or parts tickets.

I'm just now realising the absolute flood of vehicles that will be revealed to have hidden Bore Up, Stroke Up or Camshaft S parts. I'm gonna need quite a bit of help from the people on this forum in order to document all of them, so I'm hoping to see all of you in this thread tomorrow!

It sounds like getting to Collector Level 50 is what unlocks the purchase option. As for the 6-star parts/engine tickets or odds of winning them in 4-star/5-star tickets, we'll know by this time Friday. I will note that the last few Extra Menus didn't offer engine or parts tickets.
Oh, for sure about Collector Level(CL). However, from the screen shot(known to be inaccurate at times), the Yaris have “N/A” parts at CL50:
1684959759967.jpeg

Those parts may only apply to the JZ swapped Yaris. No doubt we’ll find out in 12 hours. :)

Im curious what gets the holy grail S'upercharger. 69 camaro? Boss? 89 vette? Guessing something not swappable already? Maybe the pre fuel injection era???

Im curious what gets the holy grail S'upercharger. 69 camaro? Boss? 89 vette? Guessing something not swappable already? Maybe the pre fuel injection era???
Check the first post in this thread. That's got all of the cars that can be equipped with the superchargers. Unfortunately, the few muscle cars that have it as an option already have vastly superior swap options...

I'm obviously delighted they're releasing the S parts, the roulette was always a bit of a tease.

But I can't help agreeing with the sentiment of keeping them "special". Maybe in an alternate universe PD would decide to only unlock them for a car that you've driven a lot of miles in. I'm sure we all have our favourite "daily driver"; it'd be great if doing, say, 500 or 1000 mi gave you an invite to get an S part. Thereby making them exclusive but not random.

Oh, for sure about Collector Level(CL). However, from the screen shot(known to be inaccurate at times), the Yaris have “N/A” parts at CL50:
View attachment 1259290

Those parts may only apply to the JZ swapped Yaris. No doubt we’ll find out in 12 hours. :)
The Yaris is a "tier 2" car (for parts-pricing purposes, there are 4 tiers mostly based on its Brand Central/Hagerty's/"zero mileage" price) as it's just under 50,000 Cr. Nobody found actual "S" parts for it, beyond perhaps the carbon propshaft and titanium conrods that were suggested by its tuning page. That goes along with none of the 'tier 2" cars having weight reduction beyond stage 3, or if memory serves, an ultra-high RPM turbo or "S" supercharger so much as suggested on their tuning pages. Of the engine-altering parts, it only has the Bore Up and High Lift Camshaft from the Tuning Shop. I wouldn't expect "S" versions of either.

On the other hand, the 1997 Supra RZ that is the source of the engine swap into the Yaris (among others) is a "tier 4" car as its "zero-mile" price is 220,000 Cr. Even though as a non-Brand Central car, and thus not eligible to be won via the roulette wheel or have parts won via the roulette wheel, its tuning page says that the ultra-high RPM turbo is possible (as well as stage 5 weight reduction), so I'd expect the Supra RZ, and the cars that took that engine swap, to have the ultra turbo, as well as the "S" versions of bore up/stroke up/camshaft because the Supra RZ has the non-"S" versions of all three available.

I'm obviously delighted they're releasing the S parts, the roulette was always a bit of a tease.

But I can't help agreeing with the sentiment of keeping them "special". Maybe in an alternate universe PD would decide to only unlock them for a car that you've driven a lot of miles in. I'm sure we all have our favourite "daily driver"; it'd be great if doing, say, 500 or 1000 mi gave you an invite to get an S part. Thereby making them exclusive but not random.
Yeah, you’re not alone in that train of thought. Quite a few ideas were discussed on here a while ago regarding alternative means of getting swaps - specific events where you’d compete to win a swap or S Part; loyalty rewards; and mileage rewards, like you mention.

On the face of it, it seems quite a leap for PD to suddenly make it as simple as adding the swaps and S Parts to the tuning shop and GT Auto. There is an attempt to make their availability more exclusive / less attainable than vanilla parts by locking them behind Collector Level 50 and pricing them way beyond the usual. However, most of us that were invested in the game from the start have long surpassed Collector Level 50, and do enough grinding to make the price something of a non-issue.

It’s a tricky dynamic. The game is constantly evolving and features like this that appear rather late to the party might not function as they would if they were in the game from the start. Starting a brand new campaign from scratch would probably be the best way of experiencing features like this. Reaching CL50 would feel like a real milestone, with the gravitas and reward of extra features being unlocked on the other side of it. But I don’t know if I have the patience to gold all the tests again just to experience today’s iteration of the game in the right order 😂

I'm coming to realise... there are a lot more special parts now that the floodgates have opened for non-roulette cars. I mean, just look at this:

Gran_TurismoTM_7_20230525095728.jpg

Who would've thought this would happen?!
(It makes 101 hp maxed out, btw)
And to think that ALL those parts were locked behind a roulette system which has dozens of other prizes.

I mean I ended up with 7 Stoke Up S parts for the S-FR Racing Concept for crying out loud. :crazy:

But that’s all in the past now. :P👍

image.jpg

High Cam S for the ‘92 NSX, 578hp & 9600rpm before adding these two(with Stroke Up included), 646hp and 10660Rpm afterwards.

Fun fact, the NSX GT1 Turbo(which is what that design is based on.) reportedly made 650hp from its Turbo V6 as well. :cool:

I'm curious. Do the titanium rods alone also increase max RPM?
Yes, The Rods, Cams, ECU, Engine balancing all bump up Rpm, Stroke Up (& S) lower Rpm & everything else doesn’t effect RPM IIRC.

So if you’re chasing max possible RPMs, avoid the Stroke Up upgrades, Bore Up is fine. :P

The only plus to this update is now I don't have to log on daily. This is a big slap in the face to everyone who logged on daily since the start. At least let me sell all the "special" parts I have stacked up.

They should have done this from the start instead of screwing over the loyal players.

I guess I am the only one who didn't want this update?

The only plus to this update is now I don't have to log on daily. This is a big slap in the face to everyone who logged on daily since the start. At least let me sell all the "special" parts I have stacked up.

They should have done this from the start instead of screwing over the loyal players.

I guess I am the only one who didn't want this update?
I can understand why you think that, Way too many Stroke Up S parts for the SF-R Racing Concept ended up at my GT doorstep for my liking. :crazy:

But I’d rather take that metaphorical slap to the face than the proverbial daily kick in the plums we had before. :embarrassed:

Back