SPEED channel is now Fox Sports 1

• Thread starter Earth
  • 370 comments
I don't get MAVtv, but they have been at the Daytona 500 every year with petitions to get the cable companies to add them to their lineups. I sign every year.

I find myself missing other shows SPEED used to have, namely American Trucker. The host was annoying and way too hyper, but I found the show to be interesting.

Its really sad that FS1 and even Speed in its final 3 years make sure every :censored:ing NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Camping World Truck Series practice gets on live TV but racing series like V8 Supercars, DTM, BTCC, and others get taped delayed, severely edited, commercial infested, 3am broadcast slots for their races. What Fox Sports needs to do is make a Fox Sports Motors Channel. NBC Sports needs to do the same thing because some broadcasts of less popular events are getting shoved aside and taped delayed.

Actually, F1 also got plenty of Practice and even qualifying coverage.

Its really sad that FS1 and even Speed in its final 3 years make sure every :censored:ing NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Camping World Truck Series practice gets on live TV but racing series like V8 Supercars, DTM, BTCC, and others get taped delayed, severely edited, commercial infested, 3am broadcast slots for their races. What Fox Sports needs to do is make a Fox Sports Motors Channel. NBC Sports needs to do the same thing because some broadcasts of less popular events are getting shoved aside and taped delayed.

Not everything, apparently qualifying is on delay, but what do you expect? Speedvision? Because that was what FOX bought and the proceeded to destroy. FOX doesn't WANT a racing network, namely because the Neanderthals are the majority, and majority rule is stick & ball sports, and that applies world wide.

Actually, F1 also got plenty of Practice and even qualifying coverage.
For NBCSN, I'm talking about all sports. Many less popular events are starting to get less air time and will get even less once the Nascar circus comes to NBC next year. They actually need a second sports channel.

Not everything, apparently qualifying is on delay, but what do you expect? Speedvision? Because that was what FOX bought and the proceeded to destroy. FOX doesn't WANT a racing network, namely because the Neanderthals are the majority, and majority rule is stick & ball sports, and that applies world wide.
What do you mean by Neanderthals?

'
What do you mean by Neanderthals?

Specifically, the US variety that worship the NFL like the Romans did Colosseum gladiators. They care not for your "soft" sports or those who lay claim to be athletes, but don't attempt to kill each other at every waking 🤬🤬:censored:moment of existence! :censored:HELL I HATE THEM!

hadesangry.gif

...Unfortunately for everything not the NFL, with possibly the only exceptions being MMA organizations, the money is with these...things...by at best 5:1 at the pro level. Add to that the stigma associated with auto racing as a non-sport because "They drive cars, but everyone drives cars, so what makes it so great?" "Oh yeah I LOVE watching people go around in CIRCLES!" and the obvious "Did anyone get hurt? No? Don't care then." and it's a massive inbalance. Note, many of THESE burkes think golf IS a serious major sport.

For NBCSN.

No, Speed did actually have Practice, Qualifying and Race coverage for F1. It was the only series that got as much coverage as the Cup, Nationwide and Trucks did.

Many less popular events are starting to get less air time and will get even less once the Nascar circus comes to NBC next year. They actually need a second sports channel.

They already have one: Its called "Universal Sports Network".

Last edited:
Specifically, the US variety that worship the NFL like the Romans did Colosseum gladiators. They care not for your "soft" sports or those who lay claim to be athletes, but don't attempt to kill each other at every waking 🤬🤬:censored:moment of existence! :censored:HELL I HATE THEM!

hadesangry.gif

...Unfortunately for everything not the NFL, with possibly the only exceptions being MMA organizations, the money is with these...things...by at best 5:1 at the pro level. Add to that the stigma associated with auto racing as a non-sport because "They drive cars, but everyone drives cars, so what makes it so great?" "Oh yeah I LOVE watching people go around in CIRCLES!" and the obvious "Did anyone get hurt? No? Don't care then." and it's a massive inbalance. Note, many of THESE burkes think golf IS a serious major sport.
I am an NFL fan but no where near what you are describing (GO PACKERS!), I am fans of nearly are sport and Motorsport.

On this day in 2013...

...the channel born as Speedvision, which then became Speed Channel... became FOX Sports 1. And consequently, FUEL TV became FOX Sports 2. Yes- FOX Sports 1 (and FS2) is now one year old today. While I had no problem with FOX going with this ESPN contender, I hated it had to come at the expense of Speed Channel. Our own RACECAR did show an article talking about money losses or whatever in making Speedvision/Speed Channel happen. I would still rather a proper channel all about automobiles and racing rather than here-and-there pieces of racing. Most traditional sports reporters and announcers don't have nearly the level of devotion and knowledge to properly discuss racing. Or at least... not mention racing as if it's eye candy and not a proper sport, or only talking about racing when some crash happens or anything not properly regarding racing. While not many people would watch a proper channel on cars and racing, at least know that not everybody keeps up with the Kardashians or wonders what to do when Honey Boo Boo comes.

Life after Speed Channel saw many programs related to automobiles and motorsports go to channels like NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, and MAV TV among others. I even saw highlights of a round of the World Rally Championship on a FOX Sports affiliate (FOX Sports Southwest in my area). I do watch FOX Sports 1 as a traditional sports fan. But of course, my first love is always motorsports. I do watch FS1 for the various racing action.

Happy birthday to the sacrifice... uh, coming of FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2.

On this day in 2013...

...the channel born as Speedvision, which then became Speed Channel... became FOX Sports 1. And consequently, FUEL TV became FOX Sports 2. Yes- FOX Sports 1 (and FS2) is now one year old today. While I had no problem with FOX going with this ESPN contender, I hated it had to come at the expense of Speed Channel. Our own RACECAR did show an article talking about money losses or whatever in making Speedvision/Speed Channel happen. I would still rather a proper channel all about automobiles and racing rather than here-and-there pieces of racing. Most traditional sports reporters and announcers don't have nearly the level of devotion and knowledge to properly discuss racing. Or at least... not mention racing as if it's eye candy and not a proper sport, or only talking about racing when some crash happens or anything not properly regarding racing. While not many people would watch a proper channel on cars and racing, at least know that not everybody keeps up with the Kardashians or wonders what to do when Honey Boo Boo comes.

Life after Speed Channel saw many programs related to automobiles and motorsports go to channels like NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, and MAV TV among others. I even saw highlights of a round of the World Rally Championship on a FOX Sports affiliate (FOX Sports Southwest in my area). I do watch FOX Sports 1 as a traditional sports fan. But of course, my first love is always motorsports. I do watch FS1 for the various racing action.

Happy birthday to the sacrifice... uh, coming of FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2.

And on the subject of us losing Speed Channel:

Back