Speedcross Comes to Need For Speed Payback December 19

mmmm? Interesting. A lot pivots on the price. More than 5 bucks and I'll be a bit annoyed. Any more than 10 and I'll pass

At 7.99 that certainly makes the deluxe edition feel like a better buy.

I got the digital deluxe during Black Friday for 53,99 EUR and I still found that rather expensive for what it is. The game itself is okay-ish but the entire progression system with its slot-machine random-stats upgrade cards is really dull. I know with all the loot box hassle this is even the "improved" version of the game and I never played it in its launch day state but the remnants of a very greedy EA are forever in the game to remind me what a pathetic publisher this really is. By the way the story and voices are as bad as every reviewer says and early in the game the autopilot taking over every 5 minutes during an action cutscene is also as annoying as every reviewer says. Still, I do like the open world though and car customization is still the best there is so I had quite some enjoyment out of it already. I absolutely enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 in 2016 and for me NFS Payback is like a weaker version of that, but still enjoyable. Back to this upcoming DLC, it's a bit sad it doesn't come with a map expansion but I guess 7,99 for a new car class mode and a few new vehicles is acceptable. For the same money you get a car pack in a Forza game which is just 7 cars without anything else.

(from here on it's just some industry rant and not about this DLC anymore so skip if you want)
I bought NFS Payback before I knew about all the EA Battlefront II loot box controversy or else I would have not bought the game at all since I will avoid buying new EA games as much as possible. Seeing how they are screwing up with Anthem development or how Battlefield Bad Company 3 doesn't really interest me that won't be hard either. 2018 for me will be mainly playing my backlog of 60+ games on my X1X and PS4 Pro, games I previously didn't finish or didn't even start yet. The only titles that really peak my interest for 2018 are Far Cry 5, The Last of Us 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 and pick up Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds expansion in case it becomes a holiday sales in december. With all this loot box gambling / expensive micro transactions / pre-order & season pass chopping up of games / games as service business plans etc. I really have an absolute distaste of the entire greedy gaming industry. I'm going to try to live from one sales period to another and only buy the really discounted games, preferably GOTY versions or complete versions with all the season pass and DLC stuff already included. This past Black Friday you could do some really good deals where all the content of a game is included, for example 20 EUR for Witcher 3 GOTY, Rise of the Tomb Raider 15 Year Anniversary, Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection or Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition. I bought all those 4 so that's about 80 EUR for some great games and much more value for money than pre-ordering a digital deluxe version of the latest new game (which doesn't even have a season pass or it would be 90-110 EUR).

Well I agree that the full release-day price of the deluxe edition was at least $10 too much. And releasing so close to Thanksgiving, I saw no reason to purchase it day one. I waited until Thanksgiving and got the deluxe edition for approximately $48.00 instead of $68.00. To me that was a good deal, and I would recommend anyone who can hold off to wait for a similar deal around X-mas time. When you add in the value of the new DLC, plus whatever else comes down the line, $40-50 is a more than fair price, IMHO.

Does one have to wait to download it when the store updates or is it already out?
I am downloading the update now but no dlc on store.

Does one have to wait to download it when the store updates or is it already out?
I am downloading the update now but no dlc on store.
It was in store as soon as the free DLC downloaded so presumably it is immediately after. It also takes 5 seconds to download and install the speed cross access (for £6.50).

I plunged and gave it a go and it's quite fun. It is also a useful time waster around the airfield to make a bit of cash. I'm still to see how the derelicts work with it, but speed cross is so far worth the money imo.

It was in store as soon as the free DLC downloaded so presumably it is immediately after. It also takes 5 seconds to download and install the speed cross access (for £6.50).

I plunged and gave it a go and it's quite fun. It is also a useful time waster around the airfield to make a bit of cash. I'm still to see how the derelicts work with it, but speed cross is so far worth the money imo.

I had to wait until the store updated before I got access to download it.
Was free since I got deluxe version.
Did one I think but the had other things to do so didn't have time to mess around.

Back