Spider-Man: HomecomingMovies 

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 63 comments
For the first time in forever I think I'm actually looking forward to something Spider Man related.

Did they just spoil the whole movie?

The basic plot will pretty much be the same as every other modern super-hero movie up until now, there isn't really much to spoil. :lol:

For the first time in forever I think I'm actually looking forward to something Spider Man related.

The basic plot will pretty much be the same as every other modern super-hero movie up until now, there isn't really much to spoil. :lol:

True but even that boat scene would've been better to keep it under wraps. This is BVS levels of spoiling.

...I've seen worse. :lol:

...Well, there's the whole Avengers and Iron Man/Tony Stark thing.
Not just that. We see how the suit works. We know Stark probably gets it back and Peter then, may have his "plain" Spidey suit.

Does Vulture as well as Shocker, get their tech from "the incident"?
Does something happen in Homecoming, which triggers an event for Infinity Wars?

Ant-Man and Dr.Strange are fillers. Will the same be said for Homecoming? Is it on it's own for Spidey's sequels or tie in to the big MCU movies?

Is it on it's own for Spidey's sequels or tie in to the big MCU movies?
I think it serves as a bridge between the big picture and the real world. I do like the way one of the themes appears to be Peter Parker trying too hard to be something that he isn't, and with potentially-disastrous consequences, but also the way he sees being something more than the man on the street as a way for people to connect with the Avengers and make their fight more relevant. It's a pretty fine line, but if the film can strike a balance between the two, it could work well.

I think it serves as a bridge between the big picture and the real world. I do like the way one of the themes appears to be Peter Parker trying too hard to be something that he isn't, and with potentially-disastrous consequences, but also the way he sees being something more than the man on the street as a way for people to connect with the Avengers and make their fight more relevant. It's a pretty fine line, but if the film can strike a balance between the two, it could work well.
Just watched a YouTube easter egg video. A clean up crew was mentioned as a way Vulture acquired his tech.
Fixing things the Avenges s broke and left behind. Possibly being fed up with Stark, being the main cause for all this mayhem.

How Peter falls into this, like Murdock, Cage, Jones, Castle and Rand, I hope is well written.

I hope not, though the trailer did pack a lot in. I think Keaton will be good in this, I rate him as an actor. I think this will be a definite watch with the hope it will come close to expectation.
He's still my favorite Batman, gonna be fun to see him on the vilain side :D

Over 8 minutes for a trailer? I'm not watching that, think I'll save some film for the cinema!!!
I think the first video is also someone analyzing the trailer (I don't have audio on my PC but it looks like trailer in that video ends around 2:15). Looks like the second video in that post is just the trailer.

Over 8 minutes for a trailer? I'm not watching that, think I'll save some film for the cinema!!!

The title says it all, it's what's been a popular trend with many comic book movie trailers, in that they do a personal break down and reaction after showing the trailer.

I didn't get far enough into the video to see how it went after first few seconds, and all I can see of the title is "Spider Man Homecoming Official Trailer - Iron Man Iron Spider..." which could in itself hint at something!

Two trailers.
The first shows new & extended footage and a break down about the suit and some tie ins.
The second is the international trailer with more footage, including more of Vulture and Avengers stuff.

Bought my ticket for the 3:50pm show. Now for the one day wait.

Not much of a spoiler.

Good movie. Go see it. The intro music is too cool.
Edit: No need to stay for the end and credits. You've been warned.

Last edited:
Why not? I'd watch them anyway.
The first one just sets up the next movie. You could probably read or see it in YouTube. Wasn't necessary if people keep their eyes open, during an obvious camera angle.

The second end credit is funny(in a cruel way), but like I typed, you've been warned. :P

Coming into 2017, I figured Spider-Man would be the worst of the three Marvel movies this year (the others being GOTG2 and Thor 3). We went and saw it Thursday and I feel comfortable saying it might just be the new peak for the Spider-Man franchise for me, and a better film than GOTG2. Easily better than the two Garfield ones (no fault of his, admittedly), and obviously better than Raimi's third. It's better than his first too, but I'm not sure if it tops the greatness of the Doc Oc sequel. The great thing about that movie was you could understand Otto's drive, his reason for doing what he did. That's mirrored in this movie: it's one of those rare modern Marvel joints that has a compelling villain.

I like that Marvel is exploring different genres. This really does feel like a John Hughes school comedy that happens to involve superhero-ing. Also, mercifully, RDJ isn't nearly as present as the marketing suggested. This is about Peter first and foremost. Holland was impressive in Civil War, but for anybody worried about that being stretched out into a full feature, fear not. He's charismatic and immensely likeable.

Really great film. Hoping Sony doesn't muck it all up with their silly plans of sort-of-but-not-quite separate universes with this upcoming Venom spin-off.

I liked it. Felt it was very shallow but that's par-the-course for a Marvel movie nowadays. Holland did a good job all things considered.

It wasn't the super wonderful mega-awesome, best Marvel film ever that a lot of people were saying, but it was funny and skipped by okay, even if it was a bit American High School Movie along with it.

Although whose idea was it to call a villainous henchman 'The Shocker'?

Second post-credit scene was best post-credit scene. Ever.

Disclaimer: I won't see this movie until tomorrow night.

Although whose idea was it to call a villainous henchman 'The Shocker'?

Stan Lee?

Second post-credit scene was best post-credit scene. Ever.
While I'm in silly nitpick mode as I understand it there's only one post credits scene. The other scene takes place during the credits.

Last edited:
Back