Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
Hey @MRTeam , I spared a thought for you today as I found the following:

DSC_0043.JPG

I don't drink that much alcohol, but I had to get it at any price!!! :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I will tell you how it tastes, when I'm back from the hospital... :odd: :yuck: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers! :cheers:

I'm referring to the right-left chicane at the end of the long straight.

that one is very straight forward, I suspect sometimes you over-shoot it?

as for the chicane (Les Combes), as usual put your car on the left side , when you reach the start of the curb on the left side, or when you just right passed it, brake hard and downshift to 3rd, hold on @ a slight throttle into the first right-hander, just keep the speed constant, touch the right apex then start turning into the left apex and hit the gas right after the apex, swing your car to the 2/3 right as you are exiting the left-hander, then pull your car to the left side immediately to get ready for the right-hander. for the last right-hander, just lift the throttle or tap the brake slightly then full-throttle, clip the apex then use the full exiting-curb on the left side.

very simple and straight forward right-left-right.

the trick is don't late-brake cause then you will over-shoot the first right-hander and you will mess up the whole thing. And to make things worse, you will get a short-cut penalty if you run into the run-off area in the left-turn.

Hey guys it's EH Team's pre race conspiracy time (oh yay, I can hear you all saying it) but this one is more about PD and the game. Eh? you say, haha gotcha there :sly: anyway, I've always noticed the lake on trial mountain at the corner that leads into the final chicane, I thought it was a nice touch. Then tonight when I decided to check out the photo finish taking capability at mid field reverse on the crossover bridge, took forever to get there, but on the way I had a look over the mountainside just before the tunnel. Lo and behold I see a lake and some mountainous terrain so I went on a hunt to find out if maybe the tracks were all in the same sort of mountain range because they all have rocky terrain save for High Speed Ring, so here are the results of my findings.

View attachment 327843
The curiosity cause
View attachment 327854
There's something here
View attachment 327853
Holy 🤬 that's a start/finish line! (not sure which yet)
View attachment 327852
Here we are looking up from the back straight of deep forest from a packed race, this comes into play soon.
View attachment 327849
Top of the Cape Ring loop, there's something down there but I don't know what.
View attachment 327850
looking down into the valley before the loop, there's something halfway to the right.
View attachment 327851
HOLY 🤬!! Try to tell me that's not Deep Forest's back straight, I see the tunnel and everything, no Hondas though.
View attachment 327856
At Grand Valley now, more lakes hmm
View attachment 327855
Some of these mountains are starting to look familiar, no track sightings though
View attachment 327864
Trial Mountain, yet another familiar mountain here. I'm very suspicious now.
View attachment 327863
And of course the lake you've seen a million times by now. Hey there's more familiar mountain lines here too.
View attachment 327848
There they are again, what the 🤬 is going on here?
View attachment 327847
This lake too, seriously something is up here.
View attachment 327862
High Speed Ring, this mountain is in every :censored:ing picture, I swear all the tracks are near each other.
View attachment 327861
A lake, dam, and more lake with a slightly different mountain. hmmm
View attachment 327860
The rest of the dammed lake, looks slightly familiar?
View attachment 327859
A suspicious road leading away from High Speed Ring's infamous final corner.
View attachment 327858
That looks kinda famili... OH 🤬 that's Trial Mountain's downhill straight to the lake!
View attachment 327857
High Speed Ring on the way down to the second corner, definitely a track down there, which one I'm not sure.
View attachment 327846
Some very familiar mountains looking across the track at Apricot after the hairpin.
View attachment 327845
Slightly less familiar mountains off of the first corner at Apricot, but what is that off to he right?
View attachment 327844
More guardrail, might be a farmers road, might be the road to the grandstand. Come on who puts guardrail that close to the road? No one that's right, so this must be another track we don't have yet. Oh and who said I don't crash, that's me backing out of the sand there. Proof I can be an idiot behind the wheel more than the keyboard. :dopey:
So in summary, PD has definitely created some kind of awesome mountainous country to put all it's fantasy tracks in and we all want to go live there, also EH Team is one crazy bugger who crashes quite a bit.

Edit: Long story short, yes you can take pictures of sweet photo finishes from the bridge on mid field reverse.
Great job EH Team. Glad to see people noticing the hard work and time that went into this.

Going now to savor my "Tiger beer" while watching girls in action... :cool:

invicta11_1290x400.jpg

Cheers buddies! :cheers:
Girls fighting is always a nice entertainement! :D 👍

@MannYhAvitZ : The cutest girls were the Mexican ones especially Alexa Grasso (soooooo pretty and very good fighting style)
alexa_grasso.jpg
Just fallen in love with her!!! :drool: :embarrassed:

But the cutest of all was... Drum roll...

drumroll.gif

Referee Mike Beltran!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

tumblr_n9ccuf9ktG1qet273o1_500.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

@MRTeam , the "Tiger Beer" wasn't particularly good. Too much malt flavor... :yuck:

Last edited:
Tarkus1, How's your last day at work
Hey Mazda. It was very emotional believe it or not but after making some great friends over the past 25 years I guess that's to be expected. Very busy too which was a little too stressful for my last day. Time to start the next chapter. The main reason for the move was another opportunity doing the same thing only an hour closer to home. Hopefully this will give me more time each week and so maybe you guys will end up seeing me on the track aside from just on Thursday nights.:cheers:

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 CASUAL NIGHT 3/12/15 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Fantastic night gentleman! I hesitated including Manny with the rest of us in the "Gentleman" class last night. ;) Great variety, close racing and lots of :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: to go around. You guys ALL make this club a great place to race and most importantly, have fun.:cheers:

Unofficial Spinning Arrows Club "Whip of the Wheek"
@o_OPaTricKO_o
SRT Viper GTS '02
625PP / Suzuka
Suzuka Circuit_1.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg Daytona International Speedway_1.jpg Daytona International Speedway_2.jpg Daytona International Speedway.jpg Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg Deep Forest Raceway_3.jpg Deep Forest Raceway_4.jpg Deep Forest Raceway_5.jpg Eiger Nordwand - K Trail_1.jpg Eiger Nordwand - K Trail_2.jpg Eiger Nordwand - K Trail_3.jpg Eiger Nordwand - K Trail.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_1.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_6.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_7.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_8.jpg Suzuka Circuit.jpg

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 CASUAL NIGHT 3/12/15 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Fantastic night gentleman! I hesitated including Manny with the rest of us in the "Gentleman" class last night. ;) Great variety, close racing and lots of :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: to go around. You guys ALL make this club a great place to race and most importantly, have fun.:cheers:

Unofficial Spinning Arrows Club "Whip of the Wheek"
@o_OPaTricKO_o
SRT Viper GTS '02
625PP / Suzuka
View attachment 329740

View attachment 329719 View attachment 329720 View attachment 329721 View attachment 329722 View attachment 329723 View attachment 329724 View attachment 329725 View attachment 329726 View attachment 329727 View attachment 329728 View attachment 329729 View attachment 329730 View attachment 329731 View attachment 329732 View attachment 329733 View attachment 329734 View attachment 329735 View attachment 329736 View attachment 329737
Glad to see the LOLTank in there, and then...Ugh, that Phase 2 race.

Back