Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Hopefully the content of the DLC and the original game will be compatible. I want to try a battle, Western Star vs. Ural. :sly:

Also, a vehicle like the MAZ Uragan (E-7310) might still be useful on the American maps.

I really need to get back into this game. I deleted it from my XBox to make sure I had enough room for FH4, but now that I've looked, there's more than enough room to put this back in and add the American Wilds expansion.

Never heard of this game before last week. It was an impulse buy as my brother and I sometimes waste time on youtube watching videos of big 8-by-8's roaming over crazy terrain. He's obsessed with military trucks. Love the game and look forward to all future content they make. So glad I spotted this one.

Hopefully the content of the DLC and the original game will be compatible. I want to try a battle, Western Star vs. Ural. :sly:

Also, a vehicle like the MAZ Uragan (E-7310) might still be useful on the American maps.
I'll be the first to confirm that the DLC vehicles can in fact be used on the base maps.

I've been having a lot of fun in this update so far, and I cannot stop driving that F-150 :lol:

I’ve only tried one of the new maps so far, but I’d say it’s about the same size as the rest of them. Favorites vehicle so far is the Blazer

Edit: I’m kind of disappointed. I’ve completed both new challenges and maps in about 4 hours. And the maps have, in my opinion, too much “tarmac”. It’s not enough “Spintires”, if you know what I mean.
The only thin left to do is the 2 trophies that includes driving along the shore, and to get a loaded truck up to 40 km/h. Shouldn’t be that hard.

Last edited:
My brother in law and I spent 4 hours completing the second new map (hardcore mode). Had a blast, bit of a different feel to the new map. Haven’t tried Grizzly Creek yet. FYI, we could’ve done it in less than 4 hours. But we unlocked everything and had some fun exploring. At one point, he destroyed his Hummer in the river. I hauled it to shore with the skidder then he got his Kenworth down near there with a flatbed - we loaded it onto that and hauled it to the garage. Good fun.

I’ll try the new map later this week with 4 players I believe. The thing that stands out to me are the vehicles more than the map. So many new ones to choose from. And going into the woods with the skidder, scavenging logs and dragging them out to the road to be taken by a traditional highway big rig is a nice little change.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the expansion or the game. I love it and love to talk about it:lol:

20181024_185227.jpg

This is the problem I'm having. I'd like to use a five star truck on a four star level. Is there any way around this? I've asked before but the advice didn't work! I'm on ps4

I’ll have a look when I’m on next. I think there might be, but I can’t remember for sure

Had a play about with various things and if I select the 5 star truck, then I can't have a scout vehicle. So I just have to go watchpost collecting with the 8 wheeler :lol:

I played Grizzly Creek tonight. After finishing my logging, I went exploring a bit. :D

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181025001633.jpg

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181025001525.jpg

If they add an island close enough to reach with a big rock formation on it, of course I'm gonna check it out. :)

Across the water!*

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024233236.jpg

I hadn't noticed the ship here until I crossed to the island:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024233436.jpg

This first part is too much of a hump for the chassis to clear:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024233821.jpg

Ah-ha! My old friends, mystery winch points that clip through the rock, save the day again:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024233918.jpg

Not much room to turn around, so I tried reversing up the next part:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024233959.jpg

That went well!

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024234034.jpg

Attempt number two:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024234538.jpg

I managed to get turned around:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024234637.jpg

Almost there...I wanted just a bit more:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024235356.jpg

Winch points like this really make a difference, if you want to try this kind of thing. Maybe they were placed intentionally:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181024235855.jpg

Success!! After waiting for daylight:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181025001243.jpg

Looking back the way I came:

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181025001317.jpg

It's great that this game can work as a rock-crawling sim in addition to all the mud traversing.

Spintires_ MudRunner_20181025001418.jpg

* = You can't actually make this crossing in a scout vehicle, I'm pretty sure. What I actually did was I gave it a shot, totaled the Blazer, brought the Skidder with a utility trailer, towed the Blazer to the island, towed the utility trailer to the Blazer and repaired it, then drove the Skidder and trailer back to make this look more impressive. :P I also recalled the F-150 to the island to use as a waypoint for when I lost the Blazer.

I am having a real hard time figuring out how to load the trailers. Am i missing something? The skidder wont lift high enough to clear the side rails...

So far I'm really liking the new vehicles. All of them are way better than the fictional Soviet vehicles we originally got. I think my favorite is the Western Star truck, that thing is a beast.

Last edited:
Bought the expansion it`s good, I have two issues with this game, but i still like it,

I wish you could zoom out more , and no way to remove the head up display...hmmm

I just got this game on friday and it's quite fun to play, very relaxing but sometimes also quite frustating :D

Is there some sort of photo mode on the PS4? I couldn't find any clues :boggled:

I am highly intrigued by this game since I've been playing Dakar and I will definitely pick it up (probably black friday). Looks great fun and seems to have a lot of "man" content :lol: 👍

Back