Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Nice, but I don't like how they changed the visual look of the cars. Probably to avoid copyright problems... But would be better if they requested license from the manufacturers.

I'm guessing multiplayer is only two people?

It will be the same as on pc - 4 players.

Some info about the game:
Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-seller indie hit Spintires. Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner puts players in the driver seat and dares them to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as guides!

A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements. It’s not just an enhanced edition, it’s the ultimate off-road simulation experience!

Drive 19 powerful all-terrain vehicles, each with its own characteristics and attachable equipment. Complete your objectives and deliveries by enduring perilous conditions across wild, untamed landscapes in extreme conditions with dynamic day-night cycles. Explore an immersive sandbox environment, enhanced by improved graphics. Overcome muddy terrain, raging rivers and other obstacles that all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle powered by the game's advanced physics engine.

With your map, compass, winch, and your driving skills as allies, go solo or join up to three others in the coop multiplayer. Download mods created by the passionate community for truck-loads of content and an ever-evolving Spintires: MudRunner experience.

The ultimate version of the million-selling game Spintires
A wider selection of 19 incredible all-terrain vehicles
Explore an immense, untamed Siberian sandbox environment
Overhauled graphics and advanced physics engine for extreme realism
Complete perilous objectives and deliveries in extreme conditions
New game mode for a greater challenger available for solo and 4 player-coop
Download mods for an ever-evolving experience.

The game is really great for people interested in offroading/mudding/hard challanges with friends. I've played original Spintires for over 400 hours on pc, but only becouse it had loads (and I mean loads!) of user made maps and vehicles. Without map mods, the game gets boring after 25-30 hours!

MXH
...Definitely going to pick this up day one. I've always been extremely jealous of PC owners and crossed my fingers for a console version ever since. Can't wait!
Likewise, I was aware of the original and had given up hope of ever seeing a console version turning up. This looks like it'll fill the bill. Now I just need to see if any photo mode will be available for consoles too.

I enjoyed the game on PC but I haven't played it in a while. Did they ever fix the awful camera or add a cockpit view?

Likewise, I was aware of the original and had given up hope of ever seeing a console version turning up. This looks like it'll fill the bill. Now I just need to see if any photo mode will be available for consoles too.

I wouldn't count on any sort of photo mode. During 2-3 years of PC version there wasn't any photo mode, and only Dev version had free camera (Dev version was not available to people of course).

I have the original Spintires on PC and played it for 55 hours. The gameplay looks simple, but it's VERY addictive. The game also supports modifications on Steam Workshop (additional vehicles), but I wonder if they'll be supported on consoles.

I'm not sure if I'll buy this game on PS4, but I'll see... The fact that Spintires Mudrunner will have interior view is attractive.

I have the original Spintires on PC and played it for 55 hours. The gameplay looks simple, but it's VERY addictive. The game also supports modifications on Steam Workshop (additional vehicles), but I wonder if they'll be supported on consoles.

I'm not sure if I'll buy this game on PS4, but I'll see... The fact that Spintires Mudrunner will have interior view is attractive.

I hope they do. Because otherwise, I doubt this game has a long shelf life. It would be interesting to see how they do mods, however, especially considering that they don't have the benefit of a set up system like Steam Workshop. Maybe a set up like Bethesda has for console mods?

I absolutely enjoyed the original Spintires, especially with the mods. Great fun using (unofficially) licensed trucks/suvs from the Steam Workshop. (Able to play my Toyota Land Cruiser overlanding fantasies)

One thing I do hope they at least bring to this new version is the support for maps on the Steam Workshop. I only saw one map added, but then get removed not long after.

What are the differences between this and the original? Other than the dispute that caused an "outage" with the game that frustrated so many people. Happy to see it get some support, but sad the original lost it.

I don't recall the original having photomode on PC and I doubt there will be one on consoles. You should still be able to take some interesting photos albeit very limited - if you're messing around with the third person view enough that is.

MXH
I don't recall the original having photomode on PC and I doubt there will be one on consoles. You should still be able to take some interesting photos albeit very limited - if you're messing around with the third person view enough that is.
I was afraid of that - still, as you say, there will be the screen capture mode if nowt else.

Back